Canceling future cruise for last minute cruise.

Bocadude85

We have a 12 day Grand Med cruise booked for May 19th 2016. We have paid the cruise in full but final payment is not until the 1st of March. Due to a job opportunity that we can not turn down we may have to cancel the cruise in May and take a last minute cruise in January 2016. My question is since we have paid the cruise in full will NCL transfer that payment to the new cruise or will they have to refund us? Also will we lose the perks we got when we booked the original cruise or can we ask to keep the same reservation number and perks?

We have a 12 day Grand Med cruise booked for May 19th 2016. We have paid the cruise in full but final payment is not until the 1st of March. Due to a job opportunity that we can not turn down we may have to cancel the cruise in May and take a last minute cruise in January 2016. My question is since we have paid the cruise in full will NCL transfer that payment to the new cruise or will they have to refund us? Also will we lose the perks we got when we booked the original cruise or can we ask to keep the same reservation number and perks?

I don't think the perks can be transferred, as they are based on the ship and sail date. They may be able to transfer payment. Be sure to call them before 5:00 pm EST Monday-Friday to see if they can transfer the monies to a new cruise.

We cancelled B2B cruises and transferred the deposit we had paid to a different cruise; the reservation # changed. No trouble; but we do use a PCC with NCL.

I would not expect to keep any "sweeteners" from a cancelled cruise to a new one.

Mike

The payment will be refunded in the same manner that it was paid. If you have any perks you will lose all of those when you cancel even if you rebook at the same time.

You state, "may" have to cancel and you have until March. Why not just book another cruise? If and when you cancel the May sailing, you would just get a refund.

NO you don't transfer any "perks" They have to be offered when you book the new cruise.