Staggered Check In Questions

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

We are a family and have three cabins, but my daughter does not have FTTF like we do, we heard Carnival is going to go fleetwide in staggering check in, right now the Magic for April 30th out of Pt. Canaveral doesn't have it, question is, as I keep checking to see whether it has it or not how do I find out whether it does and when on her account where do I look for this, what do I click to see if there is staggering check in and where would I see the times to choose?

Yes, mail and when you check-in on the Carnival website and look at your cruise info you find an added drop-down menu where you can select the time you want to board.

Just wondering; if not the whole party is doing FTTF, what is the advantage of booking this. Or have you planned not to go ashore all together ?

It will be in the same area of the website as online check in. Also, you will get an email a day or two prior. If you don't already you might want to follow John Heald's FB page as he usually mentions these changes as well prior to them being implemented as a "heads up".

Hello,

We are a family and have three cabins, but my daughter does not have FTTF like we do, we heard Carnival is going to go fleetwide in staggering check in, right now the Magic for April 30th out of Pt. Canaveral doesn't have it, question is, as I keep checking to see whether it has it or not how do I find out whether it does and when on her account where do I look for this, what do I click to see if there is staggering check in and where would I see the times to choose?

just so you know, your daughter will not be able to come with you during embarkation no matter what her age is.

from the carnival site

Q: We have two staterooms, but only our minor children, in the second stateroom. Do we still need to book FTTF for their stateroom also?

A: Yes, all cabins regardless of occupants will require a FTTF ticket to be able to receive the benefits.

She will have to go alone or all of you will have to join her on the regular line

just so you know, your daughter will not be able to come with you during embarkation no matter what her age is.

from the carnival site

Q: We have two staterooms, but only our minor children, in the second stateroom. Do we still need to book FTTF for their stateroom also?

A: Yes, all cabins regardless of occupants will require a FTTF ticket to be able to receive the benefits.

She will have to go alone or all of you will have to join her on the regular line

Where did he say he wants her to go through fttf line with them? The question was only about selecting a check in time.

Where did he say he wants her to go through fttf line with them? The question was only about selecting a check in time.

I was just trying to assist if he didnt know. he obviously didnt ask but many people assume this and I was just trying to be helpful. sorry if it wasnt to your liking

Agree with httmrock, we all try to assist cruisers. Better to give them the info and they can arrange for the kids to board with them (FTTF ), then to get to the port and find out they cannot board with thier parents who would most likely not use thier FTTF. Wasting money for no reason.

To OP, Staggered time does not matter with FTTF as you know. Check frequently is your best bet and try to get first on. I've heard something about being able email a request for FTTF? Not sure about that though.

On another note, as far as not allowing "a minor" to accompany their parents onboard because they are in a cabin that does not have FTTF and the parents cabin does... I highly doubt it if the kids are truly like 10ish and under. I doubt Carnival is going to separate the parents from a 10 yo and some 6-7 yo and allow them to wander around the terminal waiting for 2pm to come around... or the other way around. Not that the parents would allow it to happen in the first place.... well any normal parents.

Beachchik your correct, I never said I expect or wanted her to go through FTTF line with us ;)

Thank you all....my daughter is grown up 24 and be driving/arriving on her own just asked where I go to see if they have this type of boarding and how do I find the link to check the boarding time that she prefers, got the answers already from some people here and thank you.

My f-i-l and us will be arriving together and we be spending a night in port canaveral before the cruise, we get up early and just like to get to the port early....my f-i-l is elderly and walks slowly, I am disabled with multiple medical issues and walk slower lol....sometimes with a limp and all due to where the pains are that particular day so getting FTTF allows us to get on board faster without waiting and having to get in lines and gives us priority disembarkation which helps me a lot and my f-i-l.

On another note, as far as not allowing "a minor" to accompany their parents onboard because they are in a cabin that does not have FTTF and the parents cabin does... I highly doubt it if the kids are truly like 10ish and under. I doubt Carnival is going to separate the parents from a 10 yo and some 6-7 yo and allow them to wander around the terminal waiting for 2pm to come around... or the other way around. Not that the parents would allow it to happen in the first place.... well any normal parents.

you are right... they wont. they will tell the parents to get on the regular line with the children and waste the FTTP. They WONT let the children come with the adults on the FTTP line

the rules are clear and they say no exceptions INCLUDING MINORS

• 3 months later...
you are right... they wont. they will tell the parents to get on the regular line with the children and waste the FTTP. They WONT let the children come with the adults on the FTTP line

Sorry but this was not true for us on 2 cruises. Our kids were booked in a second room with no fttf and were allowed to board with us.

Edited by dna529

Sorry but this was not true for us on 2 cruises. Our kids were booked in a second room with no fttf and were allowed to board with us.

I think it depends on the check in people at the time

The FTTF price is not per person. One ticket per stateroom covers all occupants of the stateroom so only one guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits. For guests traveling with companions in separate staterooms, one FTTF package must be purchased by each stateroom for guests to board through the Faster to the Fun lane.

not surprised at all that the rules are inconsistently enforced

Edited by hftmrock

Does my cruise have to be paid in full before I can choose my staggered boarding? It does not show up anywhere on my online check-in screen.

No,it does not have to be paid in full and you do not choose staggered boarding, it is staggered check in at the port. You will not be allowed to enter the port until your check in time. It may be a while before you actually board the ship depending on what time you choose.

The Vista out of Miami does not have check in times available yet, I have heard it may be available in May

Edited by dacsmom

No,it does not have to be paid in full and you do not choose staggered boarding, it is staggered check in at the port. You will not be allowed to enter the port until your check in time. It may be a while before you actually board the ship depending on what time you choose.

The Vista out of Miami does not have check in times available yet, I have heard it may be available in May

Thank you! I'll wait until May and hope it shows up on my "Manage My Cruise".

I think it depends on the check in people at the time

The FTTF price is not per person. One ticket per stateroom covers all occupants of the stateroom so only one guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits. For guests traveling with companions in separate staterooms, one FTTF package must be purchased by each stateroom for guests to board through the Faster to the Fun lane.

not surprised at all that the rules are inconsistently enforced

SHOW me where it says "INCLUDING MINORS" as you stated. I see that each stateroom needs one, nothing about minors, do you? Or did you include that because it's assumed?

Again I highly doubt that a person stationed directing traffic would tell a family that the 10/7/3 year old's cannot go with Mom/Dad in the FTTF lane because the cabin they are in does not have the FTTF tag. Makes no sense and regardless of what is written (again where does it say MINORS) the person on the floor of the terminal is not going to do it... period. Not going to happen.....

Now is this right by the way it's stated? No I would say it's a violation and that the cabin does need to have FTTF, but in reality (where I live) at the terminal, when there are 3 little kids with Mom/Dad waiting and 20 other people behind them... the Carnival $10 an hour part-time employee is going to pass them right on...

Edited by bobsfamily

SHOW me where it says "INCLUDING MINORS" as you stated. I see that each stateroom needs one, nothing about minors, do you? Or did you include that because it's assumed?

it is assumed since its one per cabin. it doesn't say EXCEPT minors so its everyone.

Again I highly doubt that a person stationed directing traffic would tell a family that the 10/7/3 year old's cannot go with Mom/Dad in the FTTF lane because the cabin they are in does not have the FTTF tag. Makes no sense and regardless of what is written (again where does it say MINORS) the person on the floor of the terminal is not going to do it... period. Not going to happen.....

people have already posted here that they told the parents they had to go with the children to keep the family together. it used to be more flexible with children but many cc members have posted they closed that loophole and made the parents go with the children on the regular line

Now is this right by the way it's stated? No I would say it's a violation and that the cabin does need to have FTTF, but in reality (where I live) at the terminal, when there are 3 little kids with Mom/Dad waiting and 20 other people behind them... the Carnival $10 an hour part-time employee is going to pass them right on..

people have posted that they do stop them and do make the parents go with the children

Edited by hftmrock

definitive proof on carnival website

definitive proof on carnival website

I really, really, really don't think you are getting it.

The Carnival worker at the dock does not care that the 2nd stateroom has no FTTF, the children are NOT going to stay in that cabin before 1pm... The children are going to go with the parents and stay in the cabin WITH FTTF...

And I also really, really, really don't care about this either... thanks for the laughs but I gotta go watch paint dry now.