Chef table or 150 Park Park Central Oasis

eheif

We are going on the Oasis of the Seas and where thing of dining at one of these places.

As I am a very picky eater, are you able to vary the menu in either one?

I really love seafood but don't eat lamb or beef, but like pork. Weird I know but that's the way I roll.

It would seem the current menu at 150 Central Park would work best for you. A choice is involved for the 2 main courses, while the rest of the menu is set.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/150centralpark_OA_AL.pdf

Last I heard, Oasis was running the Chef's Table in the center area between the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. You could just wait until boarding day to speak with any specialty restaurant to book the Chef's Table and view the current menu prior to booking.

While the old Oasis Chef's Table was certainly one of my favorites, they did not actually offer Chef's Table at all on my last Oasis sailing and I do not have personal experience with the updated Chef's Table that they may be offering. While the menu is usually fully set, they do offer some substitutions for special diets or tastes if they can accommodate.

It would seem the current menu at 150 Central Park would work best for you. A choice is involved for the 2 main courses, while the rest of the menu is set.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/150centralpark_OA_AL.pdf

I don't believe that is the most up-to-date 150CP menu. I had that menu on my 2014 cruise, but my 2015 Allure cruise went back to a set menu. Subsequent posts seemed to indicate that they were going back to changing their menu twice a week, but as I was only on the 2 day, I can't speak to that with 100% certainty.

That being said, I can't respond to the OPs question regarding whether they can accommodate their individual tastes.

Edited by Alter Ego

We are going on the Oasis of the Seas and where thing of dining at one of these places.

I really love seafood but don't eat lamb or beef, but like pork. Weird I know but that's the way I roll.

We ate at both on Allure and they were able to accommodate my husband at both places. When we made the reservations I let them know what he wouldn't eat and they offered a couple of options, He was pleased with both places.

I have food allergies and they made me some special dishes at both places as well.

We both preferred the chef's table over 150.

We love both and choose to eat at both experiences whenever offered. However, even given the opportunity to make some minor changes to what is offered, I would choose another option for a picky eater. My favorite is the Chef's Table, but the wine pairing design would not make it worth it for me if I could or would not eat the offered courses.

If you must choose, 150 CP provides the opportunity to choose between two different menus (assuming they have eliminated the multiple entree option on your cruise).

Wherever you dine, I hope you have a great meal and find something to your liking.:)

We love both and choose to eat at both experiences whenever offered. However, even given the opportunity to make some minor changes to what is offered, I would choose another option for a picky eater. My favorite is the Chef's Table, but the wine pairing design would not make it worth it for me if I could or would not eat the offered courses.

If you must choose, 150 CP provides the opportunity to choose between two different menus (assuming they have eliminated the multiple entree option on your cruise).

Wherever you dine, I hope you have a great meal and find something to your liking.:)

When we did Chef's Table, there were a couple of wine offerings that I did not care for, and opted to stick with one of wines they offered that I preferred. Totally enjoyed the evening!

We enjoyed Chef's Table on Oasis in November. DH doesn't eat fish/seafood and enjoyed a wonderful Herb Crusted Chicken in place of the Lobster course. They are very accommodating. Ask, in advance, for any menu changes. The wines were very good.......especially the Caymus!

d912b0a182cbe573ecb702309fc1356a.jpg

e93b5d43edfb4402b6dff799bffddeca.jpg

dbc177c61bd8152072bffe0c8ce8f69e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
&

I was on Oasis December 12th, I thought the only good food was in 150 Central Park. I also ate at all of the others however, none came close to 150 CP for quality of food and service.

Agree! Looking forward to going back to 150 ourselves. :)

I was on the Oasis December 12th, they offer the Chef's Table in the Coastal Kitchen/Suite Lounge, NO atmosphere. If you enjoy noise at the bar, children running to the small buffet, or others dining in Coastal Kitchen, then it's for you. Not worth it to me. 150 Central Park is a much better choice. RCCL in my opinion doesn't understand fine dining.

We prefer 150 Central Park. Don't forget to try a Basil Cucumber Martini, yummy!!

One of the best martini's I have ever had. (We even got the recipe out of our dining room attendant!) I would also highly recommend 150 CP...Top notch food, well prepared and a very relaxed pace. If yo have the 'tolerance', get the wine flight pairings as well. You should not drive after this though! :eek: