NCL- WORST Guest Services

jessicasquared

I feel like I have to share my on going experience with NCL. I had an issue on my cruise in November. After the cruise I called guest services to tell them what I experienced. I was on hold for 53 mins before I got an agent. As soon as I said I wanted to speak to her about the cruise I just got off, she responds "I just want you to know up front that I can not help you with anything. You have to send an email and we will get back to you". I express that that was frustrating as I want to feel like NCL wants to hear me and make things right. I ask to speak to a manager. She tells me there is no one that can talk to me but she will have someone call. She also sends link to email. I write the email and get a auto response saying I will get a response in 15 business days. It's been a month. I have never gotten a response. No call, no email...nothing. So today I call and wait for 45 mins to speak to a guest services person. This person says to give it another 15 business days and someone will get to it. I ask for a manager and am told there is not a person to talk to. I am obviously very upset at this point, feeling blown off. I want to speak to someone of authority so I call reservations (they always have good service before the cruise), ask for a manager. Explain my situation. He agrees that I should have answers by now. He puts me on hold to try to reach someone who will look into this. We both hold for 20 mins and he comes back to say they are in his building and he is just going to walk over there. He comes back and says that a women named Maria is handling my issue and that she will take my call. I think to myself, thank goodness! finally some help. Nope. She answers my call with "how may I help you?" I asked if the previous fellow explained my situation. She starts YELLING at me that they called her at home. She said I called everyone in her company (I guess only 2 ppl work there? lol) and that she was upset to be bothered. I explained I have gotten no response and it's past the time they said they would respond. She told me she would get to it when she got to it. She told me it would be another 10-15 business days at least and that she is the only person who could help me and that she would not speak to me again. She yelled and interrupted me through the entire conversation. I told her that she was yelling at me and she said that I should understand why when I interrupted her on her day off. I asked her for her manager's name and she said she didn't have one. I asked her again..."Who do you report to? she responded that she had ultimate authority and didn't answer to anyone. This is the WORST service experience I have ever had with any of the 5 cruise lines I have cruised with on any of the 20plus cruises we have been on. This was my first and last NCL. Moral of the story, I hope your cruise is good because if it isn't, good luck getting any help!!!! NCL does not care about their customers post cruise.:mad:

Wow, there is no excuse for a company to treat a customer the way you were treated. If I were you, I'd send a copy of your email to them and a copy of this post to Mr. Andy Stuart, President and COO.

I'm of the belief that if you get really lousy service or really good service, it is beneficial to let the head of a company know. If it is lousy service, they can have someone look into solving the issues with that department and if it is great service, they can compliment that department.

Edited by NLH Arizona

May I ask you a question? Was the issue that you had on your November cruise something that could NOT be addressed with Guest Services during your cruise?

Even if it was something that could be handled onboard it does not excuse NCL's shoddy handling of the customer. Sounds like their Customer Service is even worse than it was before.

It has been my experience that if you have an issue during your cruise, you need to report it at that time and insist that the issue be resolved then and there. This is for any cruise line, not just NCL. The problem with reporting problems after you are off the ship is that it is difficult for the people at the corporate office to get ahold of the employees on the ship who were involved in the incident and inspect evidence (if there is any) in order to investigate the incident. This is why it is almost always to your benefit to report issues while you are still onboard and seek resolution then and there.

Try calling the Miami office of "Post Cruise Guest Relations" at 1.866.625.1164.

The hours are 9am-5:30pm EST (note the early afternoon closing if you're not on the east coast), Monday through Friday.

That's your best shot. The general customer service number is terrible and most of the reps are terrible. I already have several horror stories with that number, including one where the rep didn't know how to answer a simple question, gave me a nonsensical answer, put me on hold 15 minutes to "ask as supervisor" (when I expressed doubt and wanted a supervisor), and then came back claiming the supervisor backed her wrong answer. When I asked to speak to the supervisor, she left me on endless hold.

The next day I called the Miami office and found out that there were no supervisors working at that time, and indeed the woman's answer was incorrect, and she simply lied to me about verifying it, and instead just took an unauthorized break. They pulled the call and told me that they had confirmed all of my suspicions, and gave me 2 free birthday packages on my next cruise (we had 2 birthdays in our party) as compensation.

Bottom line is that you need to call the Miami office if you want any meaningful response.

Edited by pokerpro5

I feel like I have to share my on going experience with NCL.

I had an issue on my cruise in November. After the cruise I called guest services to tell them what I experienced.

I was on hold for 53 mins before I got an agent. As soon as I said I wanted to speak to her about the cruise I

just got off, she responds "I just want you to know up front that I can not help you with anything.

You have to send an email and we will get back to you". I express that that was frustrating as I want

to feel like NCL wants to hear me and make things right. I ask to speak to a manager. She tells me

there is no one that can talk to me but she will have someone call. She also sends link to email.

I write the email and get a auto response saying I will get a response in 15 business days. It's been a month.

I have never gotten a response. No call, no email...nothing. So today I call and wait for 45 mins to speak to

a guest services person. This person says to give it another 15 business days and someone will get to it.

I ask for a manager and am told there is not a person to talk to.

I am obviously very upset at this point, feeling blown off.

I want to speak to someone of authority so, I call reservations (they always have good service before the cruise), ask for a manager.

Explain my situation. He agrees that I should have answers by now. He puts me on hold to try to reach someone who will look

into this. We both hold for 20 mins and he comes back to say they are in his building and he is just going to walk over there.

He comes back and says that a women named Maria is handling my issue and that she will take my call. I think to myself,

thank goodness! finally some help. Nope. She answers my call with "how may I help you?" I asked if the previous fellow

explained my situation. She starts YELLING at me that they called her at home.

She said I called everyone in her company (I guess only 2 ppl work there? lol) and that she was upset to be bothered.

I explained I have gotten no response and it's past the time they said they would respond. She told me she would get to it

when she got to it. She told me it would be another 10-15 business days at least and that she is the only person who

could help me and that she would not speak to me again.

She yelled and interrupted me through the entire conversation. I told her that she was yelling at me and she said

that I should understand why when I interrupted her on her day off. I asked her for her manager's name and she said she

didn't have one. I asked her again..."Who do you report to? she responded that she had ultimate authority and didn't

answer to anyone.

This is the WORST service experience I have ever had with any of the 5 cruise lines I have cruised with

on any of the 20plus cruises we have been on. This was my first and last NCL. Moral of the story, I hope your cruise is

good because if it isn't, good luck getting any help!!!! NCL does not care about their customers post cruise.:mad:

(Had to copy and reformat, sorry OP no offense)

Sorry, but there is no way we can help with this when we don't know what type of problem this refers to... I've had a few issues while on a cruise (last one was that our key cards wouldn't work... got it figured out on the cruise) and, for the most part, that's the only place they can be resolved.

I understand that it's frustrating but as previously alluded to... did you attempt to resolve this while on the cruise?

Not that we have had a lot of issues with any cruise, but I believe it is best to deal with Guest Services onboard ship right away. They try very hard to rectify the situation immediately. On this past cruise on Escape, a lady told me that she and her husband demanded a new room as her original one squeaked all night during some wind when leaving Miami to St. Thomas. I wanted to tell her, "it's a ship!!!" Poor Guest Services…..they put up with a lot…..

Good Luck both with NCL but also with getting advice. I agree that the board will not be able to give you advice if you don't out line the actual problem.

Unless the problem occurred after debarking the first port of call should have been the Guest Services desk as frequently as you considered a long enough wait. I would return every 4 hours to ask for an update.

Mike

One thing for sure. I would be pretty cheesed off if some demanding stranger called me at home and interrupted my Christmas holiday with some non life and death complaint that belongs at the office.

But it wasn't the OP who called her ("Maria"). A manager at Reservations did, then connected the call to OP.

Sounds like the one guy from reservations was at least trying to do right by you.

It is irrelevant that Maria was home when you spoke to her. She would have had every right to refuse to take your call, but obviously told the Reservation Manager that she WOULD take it. By doing that, she should have lost the right to complain to you about where she was (not to mention, YOU certainly didn't call her at home.)

I actually had worse customer service (both on and off the ship) from RCCL, so it can really happen anywhere. I think it is all dependent on who answers the phone! Sometimes you get someone (like the Reservation Manager) who really want to help, and sometimes you get the Maria's of the world, who just suck. You should definitely send a letter complaining about that horrid woman, regardless of what your underlying issue on the cruise was.

Even if you were complaining that you hated the color of your room decor, as a paying customer, you have a right to air your frustrations and be heard!

Good luck!

Not enough information from the OP. Unless she can say what the issue was and described what happened just another person venting about something that was probably minor.

Plenty of information from OP. Well written and informative. Whatever the original issue is does not matter, why you would dismiss something you don't know about as being minor is beyond me. The issue now is how NCL is responding, or not responding to OP.

Plenty of information from OP. Well written and informative. Whatever the original issue is does not matter, why you would dismiss something you don't know about as being minor is beyond me. The issue now is how NCL is responding, or not responding to OP.
Agree and will add, how the OP was treated by the NCL employee.

Agree and will add, how the OP was treated by the NCL employee.

I had an issue on my last cruise, which was Carnival. I went to GS immediately; no resolution. I asked for the Hotel Director. Refused. I called my T/A who called Carnival; could not resolve. Gave me an email address. No response.

Waited about 2 weeks and asked on CC what is the best address to contact. People pried, asking what's the problem, why wasn't it handled on board, etc. I said I didn't want to disclose that and wanted to give Carnival the opportunity to respond.

Other helpful members gave me a better address to contact. I forwarded my original correspondence and within TWO DAYS I had a response and a very generous resolution. In the end Carnival did right by me.

I then reported back here what the problem was and gave Carnival full credit for a prompt and excellent response and then disclosed the issue for anyone interested at that point. It really worked out better that way.

OP - Keep going at NCL, you will get this resolved. Whatever the issue is you should be treated as a valued customer and dealt with in a respectful manner and reasonable time frame. No one here has any right or any need to know WHAT the original issue WAS; we KNOW what the current issue IS!

I had an issue on my last cruise, which was Carnival. I went to GS immediately; no resolution. I asked for the Hotel Director. Refused. I called my T/A who called Carnival; could not resolve. Gave me an email address. No response.

Waited about 2 weeks and asked on CC what is the best address to contact. People pried, asking what's the problem, why wasn't it handled on board, etc. I said I didn't want to disclose that and wanted to give Carnival the opportunity to respond.

Other helpful members gave me a better address to contact. I forwarded my original correspondence and within TWO DAYS I had a response and a very generous resolution. In the end Carnival did right by me.

I then reported back here what the problem was and gave Carnival full credit for a prompt and excellent response and then disclosed the issue for anyone interested at that point. It really worked out better that way.

OP - Keep going at NCL, you will get this resolved. Whatever the issue is you should be treated as a valued customer and dealt with in a respectful manner and reasonable time frame. No one here has any right or any need to know WHAT the original issue WAS; we KNOW what the current issue IS!

Great story and, as I said, I think a letter to corporate is in order.

While it is always best to inform guest services when a problem occurs onboard (and then take it up the chain when you don't get satisfaction), it is understandable that sometimes the onboard staff lacks the power to correct certain issues.

For example, we had a poster awhile back whose toilet didn't work throughout their 7-day cruise! For the vast majority of their cruise, they had to go way down the hall (and to a different floor) to use a public bathroom!

As compensation, they were given $100 OBC and a specialty meal for two (value $60), which is laughable.

Apparently nobody onboard was empowered to do more than that.

This was a textbook case of where you need to take your case to Miami afterward.

I don't know about the OP's situation.

Edited by pokerpro5

We had an excursion issue on the Gem last year. We went to the Shore Excursion desk and they were able to help us. We did write NCL corporate to make them aware of the issue. It took a few weeks but they answered.

We had an issue also last year with our Celebrity cruise. We wrote to corporate. It took two months for someone to get back to us. They called to apologize it had taken so long. We had contacted them in the middl of November but because of the holidays our email was put to the side.

We usually have no problems so problems with both cruise was a rarity.

By emailing you have a written record of your correspondence. Contacting a company during the holiday season is not the way to go.

Whatever the issue have patience. After the holidays write again. Good luck.

I completely agree. I can't fathom treating anyone like that!