Offers on cruises before or after yours

pthjudy

Last year we took a reposition cruise on Marina which did not sell out. We were actually able to upsell to a higher level cabin for very little outlay. We also were offered the cruises before or after ours at a deeply discounted price. They were also evidently not sold out. We were not able to take advantage for one reason or another. Now we are booked on Riviera TA in April. The cruise following is fantastic. How often does O make these pre/post offers? Have any of you taken an offer? What do they do about air? I do have O air. How can I tell if the cruise is sold out? On Princess, I can see all unsold cabins making my requests for upgrades simple. Thanks for any information.

If the following cruise is "fantastic", it may not generate the add on offer you are looking for. We are booked on NYC to Lisbon, and the offer we received was Lima to NY. Add on did not include air.

Look at the O website to see status of cabins on the subsequent cruise.

We've received several of these offers, but we were unable to take advantage due to scheduling issues. Most O cruises are lengthy and it is not easy to double your time away from home and family.

I'm also receiving friend and family offers of generous shipboard credit if they join you on a cruise, both parties get the perks.

On an upcoming Tahiti cruise we've had Extension offers and and friends and family offers.

We had offers on our May cruise to add before & after but again do to reasons we could not accept them

If you have O air they will change the flights for you

Some offer came before final payment but I seem to remember most came after that point (I could be wrong)

I know some did take advantage of the deals

If the following cruise is "fantastic", it may not generate the add on offer you are looking for. We are booked on NYC to Lisbon, and the offer we received was Lima to NY. Add on did not include air.

Look at the O website to see status of cabins on the subsequent cruise.

What is the best way to check cabin availability numbers?

Are you asking for specific room numbers of available cabins or are you asking for the number of available cabins in a category?

At any rate, if you go to oceaniacruises.com and do a search for the cruise you are interested in, you will see if categories are wait listed, available, etc. It used to be that if you started a reservation you would at least see the room numbers of 7 available cabins in a category ... I'm not sure if that is still the case since the website was revamped.

Another way is to ask help from your TA -- if you have one.

We've frequently received this offers to add on a cruise before or after one on which we are booked but have never been able to take advantage of them. Mostly because we've already been committed to our own air reservations.

Mura

Are you asking for specific room numbers of available cabins or are you asking for the number of available cabins in a category?

At any rate, if you go to oceaniacruises.com and do a search for the cruise you are interested in, you will see if categories are wait listed, available, etc. It used to be that if you started a reservation you would at least see the room numbers of 7 available cabins in a category ... I'm not sure if that is still the case since the website was revamped.

Another way is to ask help from your TA -- if you have one.

We've frequently received this offers to add on a cruise before or after one on which we are booked but have never been able to take advantage of them. Mostly because we've already been committed to our own air reservations.

Mura

I have done that in the past. It will probably be more accurate next week after final payment. Thank you all.

We got offers for both the cruise before and after ours.

(November 2015) but didn't accept mainly because of a land tour planned pre cruise and flights post cruise.

It is possible indeed and as others have said will depend upon how well the other cruises are selling.