New to Neptune?

SabreSailor

It could well be that I was dozing when a HAL announcement was made - but when I received the 2016-2017 Cruise Planner yesterday, I noticed three Neptune/Pinnacle benefits that I was unaware of:

- In-suite coffee and espresso machine (this can't be like the one in the Neptune Lounge, can it?)

- Bose SoundDock (do you have to have an Apple product to use it?) We usually bring CDs from home to play through the DVD player.

- Complimentary mimosas and exclusive daily breakfast service (I'm familiar with the breakfast in the Pinnacle - is that where the mimosas are served?).

Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks!

Edited by SabreSailor

It could well be that I was dozing when a HAL announcement was made - but when I received the 2016-2017 Cruise Planner yesterday, I noticed three Neptune/Pinnacle benefits that I was unaware of:

- In-suite coffee and espresso machine (this can't be like the one in the Neptune Lounge, can it?)

- Bose SoundDock (do you have to have an Apple product to use it?) We usually bring CDs from home to play through the DVD player.

- Complimentary mimosas and exclusive daily breakfast service (I'm familiar with the breakfast in the Pinnacle - is that where the mimosas are served?).

Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks!

these are new improvements they are adding to the Neptune Suites in January 2016.

I think the mimosas were for room service, (at least I read that on the HAL site a bit ago) but if that is the case, surely they could also be had in the Pinnacle? not sure though.

The nexpresso machines will be in the room. I am guessing the coffee machine in the Neptune Lounge will remain. But it is just a guess.

The coffee machine is a Nespresso unit. They're like a Kuerig on steroids. The machine in the Neptune Lounge is still going to make some of the best coffee on the ship. In my experience, Bose Sound Docks require an adapter (check on Amazon) to play Android devices, but I would call Ship Services to verify. They put out great sound, but the DVD player is still available for your CDs. The Amenities listing states "free Mimosas with in-suite breakfast" which sounds like they come from room service with a breakfast order. We'll wake up in a Neptune 3 weeks from today. I'll report back!

Edited by blizzardboy

I had the Nespresso coffee maker in my Penthouse on NCL this summer. That machine made very good coffee...... or least I found it good to my taste. :)

The new suite amenities do not make up for what they eliminated IMO

Big deal to provide us a coffee maker. Neptune Lounge has a wonderful coffee machine.

I don't' much care about a mimosa at breakfast and am not even sure they'll provide them in Pinnacle?

Bose? Seriously? We're supposed to be thrilled about that? Speaking only for myself,,,,, :D Not.

We're in an aft-wrap Neptune so the Nespresso machine might come in handy. Depends on it's quality versus room-service coffee. I'll still be the Lounge for CNN or BBC news, a yogurt parfait, a pastry or two, and great coffee from that Rolls Royce coffee machine.

We're in an aft-wrap Neptune so the Nespresso machine might come in handy. Depends on it's quality versus room-service coffee. I'll still be the Lounge for CNN or BBC news, a yogurt parfait, a pastry or two, and great coffee from that Rolls Royce coffee machine.

They will be nice for the aft-wrap Neptunes! Others, not so much.

I had the Nespresso coffee maker in my Penthouse on NCL this summer. That machine made very good coffee...... or least I found it good to my taste. :)

The new suite amenities do not make up for what they eliminated IMO

Big deal to provide us a coffee maker. Neptune Lounge has a wonderful coffee machine.

I don't' much care about a mimosa at breakfast and am not even sure they'll provide them in Pinnacle?

Bose? Seriously? We're supposed to be thrilled about that? Speaking only for myself,,,,, :D Not.

what was eliminated? other than the hot hors d'hoeuvres I think?

No more Captain's Cocktail Party.

Interesting - the new 2016-2017 Cruise Planner lists as a Neptune/Pinnacle perk "Cocktail party with the ship's officers". We had two last March on the Eurodam with the senior officers, one in the Silk Den and one in the Crow's Nest.

The Suite Welcome Aboard cocktails in the Neptune Lounge was 45 minutes. Hot appetizers and champagne only.

No more VIP parties -- at least not on the Eurodam.

KK and Kazu......

I'm curious,

Do the addition of Bose System or mimosa mean much to you?

Top of the List are:

Suite Welcome Aboard Party is now about 15 minutes and no Officers/Crew but for Conceriges.

No more Captain's Cocktail Party.

thanks.

No VIP party anymore? that's a shame. Some of them were a lot of fun.

The new Suite Amenities begin in January 2016 -- but not for all ships.

From HAL's site:

CRUISE SHIP ROOMS

The Suite Life Will Be Even Sweeter

As part of a $300-million brand enhancement initiative, we are planning exciting enhancements with new furnishings, décor, amenities and upgrades for all suites on our Signature-, Vista- and R-Class ships. Ships will receive the suite enhancements as they head into their scheduled dry docks over the next few years.

Some where I saw a list for each ship as to when the dry docks will occur and the new amenities will be in place. But I can't find it right now.

Interesting - the new 2016-2017 Cruise Planner lists as a Neptune/Pinnacle perk "Cocktail party with the ship's officers". We had two last March on the Eurodam with the senior officers, one in the Silk Den and one in the Crow's Nest.

I saw that in the cruise planner and it is still listed on HAL's site as a perk.

But I can assure you -- it didn't happen on the second week of our Eurodam cruise when changes took place.

We were among the highest day cruisers and the second week we weren't even invited to the Mariner's Awards cocktail party before the brunch/lunch.

There was a Nespresso machine on the Zuiderdam in our Pinnacle Suite. I don't drink coffee and DH prefers to just go to the Neptune Lounge and get a cup there when he wants one.

2015%20Zuiderdam%20Ship%20pictures%20016_zpsxrmzrkoi.jpg

I have that same model at home. It's called Nespresso "Pixie". We like ours, but it's an acquired taste. It makes small shots of espresso, not coffee. And without milk, it wouldnt be easy to make a latte. I dont know many other people who drink straight espresso, although we do.

I got creative and made iced lattes in the Neptune this past week. I needed more ice than they usually have out in the small bucket, but asked our steward to make sure we always had fresh ice. I kept the milk containers they had out at breakfast in our mini bar, and mixed them with epresso from the Neptune machine, and lots of ice. Voila, iced latte. It was no trouble at all, and in the hot weather I much prefer iced coffee drinks to hot.

Edited by WeLoveCruising

... I am guessing the coffee machine in the Neptune Lounge will remain. But it is just a guess.

I hope so. On our Alaska cruise this year it was the only source of hot water suitable to make a decent cup of tea. I could care less about coffee, although I usually have one cup a week just for a change.

Nope.

The mimosas are for in-cabin breakfast only (at this time). Plus I don't like cheap champagne and sour orange juice.

I don't take anything on the ship that needs a docking station.

thanks.

No VIP party anymore? that's a shame. Some of them were a lot of fun.

I agree with you, as well. :)

The VIP parties were a lot of fun. We always looked forward to them. My DH used to check with the concierge to verify just when it would be. :) He didn't want to miss it.

Not on our Dec. 7-18, 2015 Oosterdam cruise.

We had a Neptune Lounge party the first night, but no officers attended. Further, no Captain's VIP party any other day/time.

I agree with you, as well. :)

The VIP parties were a lot of fun. We always looked forward to them. My DH used to check with the concierge to verify just when it would be. :) He didn't want to miss it.

You assumed and probably knew before hand that you would be invited to them.

We have not always been invited to the VIP parties even though we were have been in either the PS or an SA suite and were high number day cruisers.