Additional restaurant reservations?

chelseabelsea

Hi, Oceania family! I have a quick question- what's the best way you've found to score additional specialty restaurant reservations? We have an upcoming cruise, our 9th, and trying to figure out timing and strategy to get another reservation for two in a couple of our favorites. Appreciate any advice you have- thank you 😃

Don't use one of your allotted reservations on first night and try to book one as soon as you board for the first night.

Be flexible with dinner time and table size.

Get a PH or higher and dine in suite if you cannot get additional reservations :D

Some cruises you can get as many extras as you want, others you get none - depends on the cruise.

Good luck and enjoy!

Go to Terraces early the morning of the day you would like the extra reservation.

There is a staff person at a podium there who will take your reservation if they have an opening. The earlier you arrive at Terraces, the better chance you have!

Good Luck!

Edited by cbb

Go to Terraces early the morning of the day you would like the extra reservation.

There is a staff person at a podium there who will take your reservation if they have an opening. The earlier you arrive at Terraces, the better chance you have!

Good Luck!

Do they do that on the O class ships also ??

I usually go to the Reservation desk on deck 5

Do they do that on the O class ships also ??

I usually go to the Reservation desk on deck 5

On Marina they would have on deck 5a desk by reception where you could , around 10 am, stop by and see what opens On the R class ships, its Terrace cafe when last I was there.

I have not found a significant difference in getting reservations whether you in an inside or a PH. Its timing. Lots of those in PH and above seem to dine in their room... rather than scoop up everything.

Too, I never book all my reservations... like Toscana ,always say I will share and leave the time open. Being polite and low key, non demanding I find goes a long long way.

If the ship traverses a section of bumpy seas there are many many who dont feel like dinner...and you can swoop in....

Also on a 14 day or longer cruise ,even with sea days you will be able to have lots of additional chances...once on board...........RELAX

Lots of people really stress out and its a big deal to get more

On the Marina, it is on the 5th floor, a separate table, and they start taking reservations at 8:00 a.m. I have passed by on sea days and saw the line forming at 7:00 a.m., sometimes the same port days.

Most port tours (private and ship) begin between 8:30 and 9:00. The 8:00 opening gives a short window for most to get signed up, unless they are in line early. However, some days one can come down at 8:55 before departing for their tour and sign up easily. Other days the line makes it impossible. Crap shoot.

On the Marina, it is on the 5th floor, a separate table,

That is where we have gone

I just never looked in the Terrace on the O class ships to see if reservations could be done there as CBB suggested :confused:

hence my question

I think they are trying to stop the walk ups by making sure people make reservations

but I could be wrong

Generally speaking, you are right, although it may not be very consistent on all the ship as yet. They are instead trying to compile a waiting list and notify people on the list in case of cancellations. Of course, this assumes that people will have the common courtesy of canceling if they do not wish to keep the reservation (a big assumption in many cases)

Generally speaking, you are right, although it may not be very consistent on all the ship as yet. They are instead trying to compile a waiting list and notify people on the list in case of cancellations. Of course, this assumes that people will have the common courtesy of canceling if they do not wish to keep the reservation (a big assumption in many cases)

I think they always had the wait list but people were reporting that they just showed up & were admitted

some with a polite hand shake to the Maitre'd

I remember reading here that they had stopped people from just showing up but as you say the rules are inconsistent

i have never tried just showing up without a reservation