Infinity 2C to a 2A move

clojacks

( I initially posted a similar thread but had the categories reversed, thus totally confusing some about my question. Hopefully this clarifies).

We have a 2C Veranda cabin right in the middle of the gathering area for the forward stairs and elevator for an upcoming South American cruise that goes around the horn from Argentine to Chile. As prices have come down, we already received a refund the day before final payment 2 weeks ago. Prices have continued to drop below what we paid when the cruise was first released, so I asked our TA about the possibility of a cabin upgrade. She indicated that there is a 2A mid way between the mid ship and aft stairways, about 8 cabins back from the starboard bumpout for the Celebrity Suites. Having read a bit about the pretty good potential for some pretty severe waves and winds on this itinerary, does anyone have opinions, experiences, etc in these cabins in particular? Are they similar in size, etc?

That does make more sense than your original post, but I think you'll get the answers you're looking for in your other post. This is just basically a duplicate. Maybe the moderators can delete the other one? :confused:

Hopefully you are right Mario. I have already asked them to do so to avoid confusion....

So counting back on the Deck Plan, I'm guessing it is 7156 you are asking about. First, your 2C cabin is likely to be noisy because of the proximity to the forward elevator lobby and there will be more "motion of the ocean" in the forward 1/3 of the ship. The new location is probably much, much better on both counts -- the only caveat is I don't know what's in the white area opposite your cabin [if there is a crew door directly opposite yours, you may hear is banging 24/7; but if it's a blank wall, you will have total quiet]. Look through the M-Class Cabin sticky and see what people who have actually sailed in that area think.

( I initially posted a similar thread but had the categories reversed, thus totally confusing some about my question. Hopefully this clarifies).

We have a 2C Veranda cabin right in the middle of the gathering area for the forward stairs and elevator for an upcoming South American cruise that goes around the horn from Argentine to Chile. As prices have come down, we already received a refund the day before final payment 2 weeks ago. Prices have continued to drop below what we paid when the cruise was first released, so I asked our TA about the possibility of a cabin upgrade. She indicated that there is a 2A mid way between the mid ship and aft stairways, about 8 cabins back from the starboard bumpout for the Celebrity Suites. Having read a bit about the pretty good potential for some pretty severe waves and winds on this itinerary, does anyone have opinions, experiences, etc in these cabins in particular? Are they similar in size, etc?

Hi Clojacks,

Assuming Host Jazzbeau has it right, and you are considering the 7156 area, I'd definitely make the change. I'd much rather be in this general location, as it's more mid-ship than your current choice. I'm not entirely sure if you are near a crew door.... but I have stayed in this area several times, and did not have any unusual or unwelcome noise.

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful cruise, and Happy New Year !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Clojacks,

Assuming Host Jazzbeau has it right, and you are considering the 7156 area, I'd definitely make the change. I'd much rather be in this general location, as it's more mid-ship than your current choice. I'm not entirely sure if you are near a crew door.... but I have stayed in this area several times, and did not have any unusual or unwelcome noise.

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful cruise, and Happy New Year !

Yup, that is the area our TA alerted us to. Hopefully Celebrity will agree to the area change.

Keep us posted clojacks. Good luck !

Just heard from our TA that Celebrity has upgraded us to the 2A that she told us was available. So in the past 2 weeks, we got a $500 refund a day before final payment (although, we did forfeit $100 of OBC, but kept our drink package and prepaids) and now an "upgrade" within category to a more desirable location. Pretty happy!!

Just heard from our TA that Celebrity has upgraded us to the 2A that she told us was available. So in the past 2 weeks, we got a $500 refund a day before final payment (although, we did forfeit $100 of OBC, but kept our drink package and prepaids) and now an "upgrade" within category to a more desirable location. Pretty happy!!

Nice!! Glad it all worked out for you.

Just of note, we once booked 7903 -- which is midship but opened right out into the elevator vestibule on the vista deck on the infinity. I must say, when I arrived, I scolded myself for booking this cabin -- thought it would be noisy as all get out. I can honestly say, we must have had a great group of passengers onboard. This was an inside cabin but still one of the best rooms I have ever booked. Still glad you were able to move but sometimes what you think may be an issue turns out not to be an issue at all...this being with respect to the noise. In terms of feeling the movement of the ship, you definitely made a good move.

We have been on Infinity four times. Also, most of the other M class ships. We have had cabins close to the forward stairwell, between stairwell, amidships and near the aft stairwell. Never had a bad cabin, on decks 6, 7 or 9.

We never noticed significant noise when near the stairwells. We had 7171 on Infinity twice and once on Connie and loved it.

Also, we did Around the Horn in Jan 2014 and had no rough seas. Hope you have the same.

Our cruise was sold out early. This is a popular cruise, I am surprised it wasn't sold out.

We have been on Infinity four times. Also, most of the other M class ships. We have had cabins close to the forward stairwell, between stairwell, amidships and near the aft stairwell. Never had a bad cabin, on decks 6, 7 or 9.

We never noticed significant noise when near the stairwells. We had 7171 on Infinity twice and once on Connie and loved it.

Also, we did Around the Horn in Jan 2014 and had no rough seas. Hope you have the same.

Our cruise was sold out early. This is a popular cruise, I am surprised it wasn't sold out.

4774papa, your review was 1 of the reasons we probably decided to do this cruise, so, thank you for providing encouragement for us. To be honest with you, I've been extremely surprised to see cabins still available in a number of categories. Can't figure out why???