I finally took the "plunge" and booked Carnival

BugsyCruiser

Hello friends! I guess this is my way to introduce myself to all of you on the Carnival board. I finally did it, I booked my first ever Carnival cruise aboard the Breeze

shocked_face_zpsu3kpt27d.jpg

Sorry, just a little humor there. What took me so long to do this? Well to be honest I guess I let the all the "horror" stories and the bad rep that Carnival had gotten in the past get to me and I wasn't willing to try them out.

Cue up a head slap from Gibbs for me being so unwilling to try Carnival out

hqdefault_zps12aadfqz.jpg

But two reviews on here really stood out and perked my interest. One was Gambee's extensive review of his cruise aboard Breeze, afterwards rating as one of his best and just barely behind Allure of the Seas. For anyone that has not seen his reviews they are fantastic.

The second review came from Jeff(Jamman54). His review titled "Our Beautiful Breeze cruise" from August 15th of this year was great and for me, finally sealed the deal. I look forward to finally experiencing Carnival and Breeze. She does indeed look fantastic.

1784736_zpsdnbyycpt.jpg

I will be sailing on her September 25th of this upcoming new year out of Galveston and of course there will be a LIVE review of my sailing. I know there are many reviews on here and a lot of questions have been answered but please, I would appreciate feedback from my fellow cruisers out there. Share some of your best experiences from Breeze with me. What really stood out to you? What really impressed you? How is the food(I know that can be very subjective)? The service? How are the activities?

And then of course Vista interests me as well. Will I sail on Carnival's new ship? Stay tuned.... ;) :D

I look forward to hearing from you all and finally experiencing Carnival.

Happy New Year everyone!

I think as long as people have reasonable expectations about the product that Carnival offers and what it includes then you'll have a good trip. If one expects Carnival to be five star dining and white gloved butlers, you won't have that good of a time. We have enjoyed all of our Carnival cruises and while we haven't tried another cruise line, we really haven't felt the need to as we feel it was a great value for our hard earned vacation dollars.

We also enjoy cruising out of Galveston because its within driving distance of our house and makes the trip that much easier and cheaper.

Bugsy hello I just noticed it...well I see you cruised with RC and Princess my favorite cruise lines, you will see differences on Carnival, some you may like and some you may not...but its worth trying another cruise line just like its nice trying different hotel chains. The Breeze is one of the better ships so enjoy.

Welcome to the Carnival boards!

You are going to LOVE the Breeze!

We have cruised on her twice, and she is definitely our favorite ship.

The décor is a breath of fresh air. Very Caribbean feel, light and airy.

TONS of stuff to do on this ship.

I think you will have a great cruise!!!!:D:D

Not sure I can wait 9 months for the live report, though.:eek::eek:

Very good to know about the ship! Well I can understand hating to have to wait for a review.... if I can sail on her sooner I will let you know ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the dark side .... LOLOLOLOL

This was my very thought when I opened this thread!

OP - welcome to the Dark side;) - I'm sure you are aware that the Breeze has Cove balconies. Although I haven't been on the Breeze yet, I was on her sister the Magic and had a Cove. These are awesomely close to the water and more private than any balcony we've had. Whichever cabin type you chose, have a great cruise.

This was my very thought when I opened this thread!

OP - welcome to the Dark side;) - I'm sure you are aware that the Breeze has Cove balconies. Although I haven't been on the Breeze yet, I was on her sister the Magic and had a Cove. These are awesomely close to the water and more private than any balcony we've had. Whichever cabin type you chose, have a great cruise.

I saw the cove balconies and they do look nice but this time around I opted for an aft balcony on deck 9.

Welcome aboard. You'll love the Breeze. Only thing that strikes my curiosity since I've been cruising Carnival since the 90's is what horror stories and bad rep are you referring to.

Just how some people claimed they were a cheap line, cut corners, and anytime one of their ships had some kind of mechanical problem people jumped on it to trash the line.

Like I said it made me unwilling to try them but after seeing their newer ships and the aforementioned 2 reviews, I've definitely lifted my opposition to the line.

Hello friends! I guess this is my way to introduce myself to all of you on the Carnival board. I finally did it, I booked my first ever Carnival cruise aboard the Breeze.

But two reviews on here really stood out and perked my interest. One was Gambee's extensive review of his cruise aboard Breeze, afterwards rating as one of his best and just barely behind Allure of the Seas. For anyone that has not seen his reviews they are fantastic.

The second review came from Jeff(Jamman54). His review titled "Our Beautiful Breeze cruise" from August 15th of this year was great and for me, finally sealed the deal. I look forward to finally experiencing Carnival and Breeze. She does indeed look fantastic.

I will be sailing on her September 25th of this upcoming new year out of Galveston and of course there will be a LIVE review of my sailing. I know there are many reviews on here and a lot of questions have been answered but please, I would appreciate feedback from my fellow cruisers out there. Share some of your best experiences from Breeze with me. What really stood out to you? What really impressed you? How is the food(I know that can be very subjective)? The service? How are the activities?

And then of course Vista interests me as well. Will I sail on Carnival's new ship? Stay tuned.... ;) :D

I look forward to hearing from you all and finally experiencing Carnival.

Happy New Year everyone!

Glad that you enjoyed my review. You picked a GREAT ship for your first Carnival cruise. Enjoy your planning, and looking forward to your review of the Breeze!

Glad that you enjoyed my review. You picked a GREAT ship for your first Carnival cruise. Enjoy your planning, and looking forward to your review of the Breeze!

Thanks Jeff. I've already got the steakhouse and Italian specialty restaurant booked :)

Debating on excursions now

I,too, will be sailing the Breeze, Just a bit before you. Carnival has been the only line I've sailed with but from some other's perspectives they do have some more and some less to offer that their counterpart(s). But go in with a positive attitude and not one that's there to critique everything and I know you'll have a great time!

I read the HAL board about how nice the ships are, how good the food is. So I tried Westerdam. I found it to be quite ugly and couldn't get waited on in the MDR for anything. Food below Carnival's which has gone down. Guy's is better than their Dive In burgers.

Don't believe everything you read. Have fun!

Does this mean no orange sofas?

Thanks Jeff. I've already got the steakhouse and Italian specialty restaurant booked :)

Debating on excursions now

Which itinerary are you doing? I forgot she is moving to Galveston.:mad: