Diamond Member

DEEDIA

As we are Diamond Members am I correct in thinking we already have a Status on board Celebrity Cruisers. I have been looking but cannot find a link to what Benefits we are entitled to. Our point tally is 107 if this has any input. Thank you Diane

As we are Diamond Members am I correct in thinking we already have a Status on board Celebrity Cruisers. I have been looking but cannot find a link to what Benefits we are entitled to. Our point tally is 107 if this has any input. Thank you Diane

Call Celebrity's Captain's Club (800.760.0654) and request reciprocity with your Royal C&A level. You will become Elite on Celebrity. Have your C&A number handy.

Edited by clarea

Yes, you get reciprocal benefits. You will go into Celebrity as Elite, but start accruing your points from zero. However, the good thing is you get to enjoy the Elite benefits while doing so. Also, as your status changes on Royal, it will automatically update on Celebrity. (We started sailing Celebrity when we were Emerald and went in as Select. When we hit Diamond last November, our profile on Celebrity automatically changed to Elite.)

To activate, call Celebrity's Captains Club to have your account opened and they will match your status. You will need your Crown & Anchor account number.

Have a great cruise.

Edited by gw2fll

Thank You everyone for your input, we have been looking at Celebrity as we think RCI is getting very expensive, offering Drinks Packages in the price, charging for things that once were free, and as we see cuts cuts and more cuts. Yes you can guess we are a little unhappy with RCI. But still like their ships.

Also, as your status changes on Royal, it will automatically update on Celebrity.

Not totally true. The highest level Celebrity will give you is Elite. So even when you hit D+ on RCCL you will still be Elite on Celebrity.

Not totally true. The highest level Celebrity will give you is Elite. So even when you hit D+ on RCCL you will still be Elite on Celebrity.

Sad but true. We're Diamond Plus, and have to reach Elite + the long way. But some of the perks at Elite are comparable to Diamond +. We get free bag of laundry, and also 90 minutes of internet, but I'm not sure if they're switched that to the day plan. They hadn't as of last May.

Be sure to sign up for your CruiseCritic roll call. On our first cruise, we'd booked a Sky Suite, and happened to be top of the list in our section because we were Elite, Cruise Critic staying in a Suite.

Edited by knittinggirl

Can anyone share what the perks are on Celebrity for Elite? Specifically interested if there is a balcony/suite discount.

No balcony discount on Celebrity.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-overview#captains_club_tier_elite/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-elite%3Fsubtab=true

Thank You everyone for your input, we have been looking at Celebrity as we think RCI is getting very expensive, offering Drinks Packages in the price, charging for things that once were free, and as we see cuts cuts and more cuts. Yes you can guess we are a little unhappy with RCI. But still like their ships.

Look at the Celebrity board and FB Celebrity pages.

Celebrity cruisers are making the same complaints. ;)

there were quite a few threads on here about MSC offering loyalty matches:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

Another way to look at other options and take your diamond level with you!!

there were quite a few threads on here about MSC offering loyalty matches:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

Another way to look at other options and take your diamond level with you!!

I don't see anything in the MSC loyalty program that compares with the nightly cocktail hour on RCCL.

I just turned Diamond on my last cruise and I've got two Celebrity cruises booked. I'm at Elite with them, but I've never told them, they just knew. The same thing happened to me on Princess, I'm Caribbean tier on P&O and those points will transfer to Princess. So I'm Elite on Princess and I've never ever set foot on board any of their ships. That happened automatically too.

I don't see anything in the MSC loyalty program that compares with the nightly cocktail hour on RCCL.

Just giving other options that let you take your status.

Lots of other really nice things in those loyalty rewards for those that really don't care about Royals ever changing 'cocktail hour'.

Sad but true. We're Diamond Plus, and have to reach Elite + the long way. But some of the perks at Elite are comparable to Diamond +. We get free bag of laundry, and also 90 minutes of internet, but I'm not sure if they're switched that to the day plan. They hadn't as of last May.

Be sure to sign up for your CruiseCritic roll call. On our first cruise, we'd booked a Sky Suite, and happened to be top of the list in our section because we were Elite, Cruise Critic staying in a Suite.

What do you mean by "top of the list in your section" and "Cruise Critic"? As far as I know, Cruise Critic has no bearing on your status on a cruise line. I'm confused.

I too am interested in what you mean by this. We'll be looking into Celebrity and always sign up on roll calls. Is there some possible perk?

I too am interested in what you mean by this. We'll be looking into Celebrity and always sign up on roll calls. Is there some possible perk?

If 25 people sign up for the Royal Meet & Mingle on a cruise of 7 days or longer, Royal will host a party for the folks who signed up. There's no perk for posting to a roll call, besides getting to know your cruisemates better.

Edited by clarea

I agree, Clarea. Also, didn't understand "top of the list in the section", but I think the Diamond just transferred to Elite and that was the end of it.

I have been on Cruise Critic for many years and other than the Meet and Greets and a couple of Bridge Tours haven't ever gotten anything from a cruise line/ship.

I agree, Clarea. Also, didn't understand "top of the list in the section", but I think the Diamond just transferred to Elite and that was the end of it.

I have been on Cruise Critic for many years and other than the Meet and Greets and a couple of Bridge Tours haven't ever gotten anything from a cruise line/ship.

A couple of times they gave Cruise Critic members a discount to a specialty restaurant. Like a couple of weeks ago on Celebrity to Qsine. I don't have a clue what list the OP was talking about though.

Edited by Charles4515

We are Diamond + going on our first Celebrity cruise.

I searched the benefits, and couldn't find how long the cocktail hour is.

I think I saw somewhere that it's shorter than RCI?

TIA

I believe you are correct, that the Celebrity cocktail hour is shorter, however I don't know the specific time period. I believe they also skip the first night. I would try posting on the Celebrity forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Edited by clarea

We are Diamond + going on our first Celebrity cruise.

I searched the benefits, and couldn't find how long the cocktail hour is.

I think I saw somewhere that it's shorter than RCI?

TIA

From 5 pm to 7 pm. Not the first night or the night of the Senior Officers Party. Senior Officers Party tends to be crowded as it includes Select tier.

ce9e0ce7185fde2f3c15b9da485cf1c6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515