Children sharing Cabin with parents

Squirty27

Good evening.

Trying to get a price for a cabin on the Breakaway for 4 people in one room. Two adults, two children ages 2 and 6.

When I put 4 guests in, it doesn't ask how many adults, children. Is there no reduction for children?

Thank you.

Good evening.

Trying to get a price for a cabin on the Breakaway for 4 people in one room. Two adults, two children ages 2 and 6.

When I put 4 guests in, it doesn't ask how many adults, children. Is there no reduction for children?

Thank you.

Nope, all passengers pay the going rate. Sometimes there is a passenger 3-8 free or half price. You have to pay attention to the promotions

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Nope, all passengers pay the going rate. Sometimes there is a passenger 3-8 free or half price. You have to pay attention to the promotions

I saw someone where the next promotion is that 3rd/4th sail free starting January 4? Scan through the board.

Wow, so you pay the same amount for a two year old as an adult if there isn't a promo. That is crazy.

You pay regardless of age...could be 1 day old.

Watch prices regardless because promos might be with inflated fees and if you don't know what the regular price is you may be not getting a good deal

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Wow, so you pay the same amount for a two year old as an adult if there isn't a promo. That is crazy.

Only difference is kids under 3 aren't charged the daily service charge. Though they make quite the mess and room steward at a minimum and probably waiters should get an extra tip for taking good care of them. (I say this as someone who has sailed with a 10 month old and will be sailing with him again this summer when he is 2)

Passengers 3-4 are usually a much lower rate than passengers 1-2 regardless of age.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good evening.

Thank you.

Nope all the same price.

The 3rd and 4th are less than the first two, but that for kids or humans:p

Right?! Since there are only a limited number of souls allowed on board, and two year olds don't buy alcohol, gamble, shop, get spa treatments, etc., where the cruise line makes all of their profit, you would think kids would be charged more! Luckily, they are not.

Right?! Since there are only a limited number of souls allowed on board, and two year olds don't buy alcohol, gamble, shop, get spa treatments, etc., where the cruise line makes all of their profit, you would think kids would be charged more! Luckily, they are not.

NCL, as there are watching CC, will send you a "Thank You" note. That is an "upcharge" they hadn't thought of!! :D

Mike

When you check prices on ncl, they calculate the total and divide it by the number of people, so it looks like you are paying the same price for the kiddos and adults. But... When you book, you usually see a larger price for the adults than the kids - for example, passengers 1 & 2 are ~ $700, 3 & 4 are ~ $300, but the average price is $500 per person. For us, our kiddos were "free", but we still paid port on them, so not exactly free.

But if they are paying the same price logic dictates you should book 2 connecting cabins. Your profit analysis makes no sense given ncl could have higher revenue per cabin if 3rd and 4th passenger were less.

Not really. They still require beds, still eat (some as much as an adult - we don't call ours the bottomless pit for nothing!), make messes, and they use the kids' clubs - for which there isn't a charge. They require a seat on a life boat, etc. Doesn't matter if the person is 3 mo old or 93 yo, 3rd & 4th passengers cost the same.

I bet your head would explode if you knew that if you took your 8yo - just the two of you, the 8yo would cost exactly the same as you......

But if they are paying the same price logic dictates you should book 2 connecting cabins. Your profit analysis makes no sense given ncl could have higher revenue per cabin if 3rd and 4th passenger were less.

Take a breath. She was being sarcastic/joking.