Reservations required?

Sox Fan Cruiser

This is my first time on Celebrity and see that you can make reservations for the different places for dinner. Is this recommended? Will there still be openings on the ship?

I'm a planner in "real life" and would rather not do so when I'm cruising. We do anytime dinning on Princess but eat on the later side (8pm) so we never have a problem.

If we don't make reservations now will be stuck going to the buffet?

If you want to go to specialty restaurants you do not need to pre book, you can wait until you board. The only time we have had problem is on a holiday sailing then the holiday or the evening before tend to book quickly.

For main dining room select dining it is never necessary to pre book, either before or while on the cruise. Just show up when you want to eat. You might have a short wait but there is always a bar near by to pass the time. :D

No need to confine yourself to the buffet.

No you will not have to go to the buffet if you don't make reservations for Select dining (anytime). I would recommend making a reservation for the first night or so, after that we generally let the hostess know as we leave when we want to dine the next night.

Eight o'clock can be busy as on many nights the show times in the theater are 7 & 9. Folks going to the show at 7 descend on the dining room after the show - 8.