Eurodam lido deck white tents?

Cruizann

My DH and I just watched the Eurodam sail away from Port Everglades and we wondered what the tent like structures are on the back of the lido area. Also are there still many tables available to sit and enjoy lunch and the sunshine (we are from the cold white north, Toronto, Canada and like to maximize or out door time). Our cruise is on the Nieuw Amsterdam and are these tent structures on this ship too. Many thanks for your help.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the photographs. We now understand what we saw on the sail away. We will still be able to enjoy our breakfast and lunch outside in the sunshine (wearing a hat and lots of sun block of course). Also looking forward to scuba diving in Cayman and Cozumel. My DH has been diving since he was a teenager and I took the course last year and am now certified.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the photographs. We now understand what we saw on the sail away. We will still be able to enjoy our breakfast and lunch outside in the sunshine (wearing a hat and lots of sun block of course). Also looking forward to scuba diving in Cayman and Cozumel. My DH has been diving since he was a teenager and I took the course last year and am now certified.

I scuba dived in Cozumel and it was good - drift diving. I did not dive in Grand Cayman as we opted for Stingray City. That was fun too.

My DH and I just watched the Eurodam sail away from Port Everglades and we wondered what the tent like structures are on the back of the lido area. Also are there still many tables available to sit and enjoy lunch and the sunshine (we are from the cold white north, Toronto, Canada and like to maximize or out door time). Our cruise is on the Nieuw Amsterdam and are these tent structures on this ship too. Many thanks for your help.

the pics that are posted of the tent like structures are the cabanas. No worries to you since you like sun - but they are booked privately and cost $.

The do take up space on the Lido deck IMO.

Eurodam and N Amsterdam are pretty much the same as far as the cabana tents are concerned to the best of my knowledge

the pics that are posted of the tent like structures are the cabanas. No worries to you since you like sun - but they are booked privately and cost $.

Eurodam and N Amsterdam are pretty much the same as far as the cabana tents are concerned to the best of my knowledge

That's not correct. Those are not the cabanas that you rent privately. The private cabanas are mid ship on the lido and forward on the observation deck. I believe these pics are from the aft of the lido deck. I've rented cabanas several times and they look much different.

Edited by cruz chic

That's not correct. Those are not the cabanas that you rent privately. The private cabanas are mid ship on the lido and forward on the observation deck. I believe these pics are from the aft of the lido deck. I've rented cabanas several times and they look much different.

sorry, but they sure look like the cabanas I saw on the N Amsterdam on the Lido deck.

apologies if I am in error

sorry, but they sure look like the cabanas I saw on the N Amsterdam on the Lido deck.

Here is a link to a thread showing the lido cabanas. The pics in this thread look nothing like them to me. See picture 6 and 7. There is also a bar in these pictures on this thread. There is no bar within the cabanas.

These pics are from the NA but it's the same on the eurodam.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2227958

Edited by cruz chic

Here is a link to a thread showing the lido cabanas. The pics in this thread look nothing like them to me. See picture 6 and 7. There is also a bar in these pictures on this thread. There is no bar within the cabanas.

These pics are from the NA but it's the same on the eurodam.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2227958

those pics don't apply when I was on. Sorry if I am out of date but I was going by when I was on the ship.

No biggie. But they DO take up space on the Lido and one of the reasons I don't like the Lido on the N Amsterdam.

personal preference of course.

those pics don't apply when I was on. Sorry if I am out of date but I was going by when I was on the ship.

No biggie. But they DO take up space on the Lido and one of the reasons I don't like the Lido on the N Amsterdam.

personal preference of course.

They have not changed. I know Sapper has stayed in one so perhaps verify with her. Please don't take my word for it since I've been on the ship many times. The lido cabanas are ugly and they take up space. You couldn't pay me to stay in one. I do the cabana club cabanas which do not take any prime space. You can see many chairs in this area, anyone can sit here. Have you actually been on the eurodam to be able to correctly identify these? The op mentioned these structures are on the back deck like I mentioned. The lido cabanas are mid ship if you take a look at the deck plans.

Edited by cruz chic

I have to agree with cruz chic on this one--those are not the cabanas! We rented a Lido cabana on NA last year and posted pix here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2184912

but they look just like the pix POA1 and others have posted. While the pix shown around the bar do show some tent-like coverings, they are out by the bar in the aft of the ship, by the pool. Lido cabanas are, not surprisingly, on the Lido deck. They are on opposite sides of the ship for NA and Eurodam. And not to be confused with the club cabanas, which are 1 deck up (and cost more!).

Cheers

ML

Edited by NoWhiners
fix link

I have to agree with cruz chic on this one--those are not the cabanas! We rented a Lido cabana on NA last year and posted pix here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2184912

but they look just like the pix KK posted. While the pix shown around the bar do show some tent-like coverings, they are out by the bar in the aft of the ship, by the pool. Lido cabanas are, not surprisingly, on the Lido deck. They are on opposite sides of the ship for NA and Eurodam. And not to be confused with the club cabanas, which are 1 deck up (and cost more!).

Cheers

ML

Thanks for the confirmation. I was beginning to wonder where everyone was that has rented a cabana.

The Retreat cabanas - not on the Lido deck and on the front of the ship:

Cabanas-Holland-America-Eurodam.jpg

The Lido cabanas - midships:

lidocabanasJune20.jpg

The OP asked about "tents" on the back of the Lido area.

Edited by Boytjie

Thanks Boytjie--those pix are perfect. They show the private, extra charge cabana's available on NA and Eurodam. Not the same as tented ares on aft Lido by bar that are open to anyone.

It really does get a little confusing but the big difference is the privacy--and extra cost!!

ML

We love to sit and chat with other smokers by the Seaview Bar. What impact do those cabanas have on the smoking area and rules?

There are no cabanas by the Sea View Bar; the Lido cabanas are further forward, on the other side of the Lido Restaurant.

The "tent like" covers by the Sea View Bar are only a roof, to make some of that area shady. That is where the designated smoking area is. There are also tables & chairs, and loungers in the open, sunny, area, and on the other---non-smoking---side of the ship.