Freedom Diamond Lounge

We were Diamond for the first time on our Serenade 11 day cruise in November. There was an incredible number of D, D+ and P on that cruise (500+). The entire VC lounge was open as the Diamond Lounge every night.

We will be on Freedom in May. Do they open up an overflow area on Freedom like they did on Serenade? Or should we just plan on getting our 3 drinks elsewhere if the Lounge is full? We really enjoyed the little hor d'oeuvres in the Lounge.

Every ship we've been on opens up additional space as needed. They know ahead of time how many D and above are onboard and plan accordingly.

We were on Vision a few weeks ago and there were over 400 D and above onboard so the lounge was packed and we usually were in the overflow area just outside the DL.

Edited by BND

We were Diamond for the first time on our Serenade 11 day cruise in November. There was an incredible number of D, D+ and P on that cruise (500+). The entire VC lounge was open as the Diamond Lounge every night.

We will be on Freedom in May. Do they open up an overflow area on Freedom like they did on Serenade? Or should we just plan on getting our 3 drinks elsewhere if the Lounge is full? We really enjoyed the little hor d'oeuvres in the Lounge.

I've found that if the lounge is full you can just ask for 1, grab some food and walk out into the Crown and Anchor Lounge and sit there. No need to use your vouchers.

I highly prefer the C&A Lounge anyway

The Seven Hearts and Cloud Nine venues are frequently opened as part of the Diamond Lounge and if needed, they will also tap into Olive or Twist.

Have those lounges reopened since they closed due to the construction of the emissions systems? I know the fire delayed the installation quit a bit. Last May when I was on those two overflow lounges were both closed and they were using them as a construction office, which pushed everyone into the Diamond Lounge and it was packed.

It is nice when they do use them as an overflow as it is generally not nearly as crowded in them.

I've found that if the lounge is full you can just ask for 1, grab some food and walk out into the Crown and Anchor Lounge and sit there. No need to use your vouchers.

I highly prefer the C&A Lounge anyway

Crown and Anchor Lounge?

There's a Diamond Lounge and a Concierge Lounge. What is a Crown and Anchor Lounge?

Have those lounges reopened since they closed due to the construction of the emissions systems? I know the fire delayed the installation quit a bit. Last May when I was on those two overflow lounges were both closed and they were using them as a construction office, which pushed everyone into the Diamond Lounge and it was packed.

It is nice when they do use them as an overflow as it is generally not nearly as crowded in them.

I saw the Freedom in St.Maarten last month and still (part of ) the damage has not been repaired. The Anchor is also still missing.

My info is fairly old since I have not been on her since 2014, but they did have an overflow during that cruise. The DL was usually full, so both of the card rooms on the side of the VCL were being used. It was actually pretty nice in the card rooms as they had a big tub of beers set up and you could just take them as you liked.