Celebrity Concierge Pre-Cruise NICE note

BartonX

Despite all those negative comments regarding Celebrity on this forum, we had a quite nice first experience for our upcoming cruise on Jan 10 - on the the Eclipse. We just got a nice welcome email from our Concierge.

Not sure if everybody gets such a welcome email but it was nice to read. Looking forward to our cruise in JUST 5 days!

---------

The Celebrity Cruises family is delighted you have chosen to sail with us again. We look forward to welcoming you onboard the Celebrity Eclipse soon.

As your vacation is just around the corner, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I will serve as your dedicated shoreside Concierge. I work hand in hand with the onboard Michael’s Club Concierge to make your Celebrity experience as carefree as possible, and I am therefore happy to assist you in any way I can.

Please feel free to call or email me with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your upcoming vacation. It would be my pleasure to make arrangements on your behalf; no request is too big or too small.

In preparing for your arrival there are a few items that I would like to notate in your file. Please provide the following information so we can make sure all of your needs are planned for:

Expected arrival time

Preferred departure time

Please always feel welcome to contact me for any reason. Once again, we look forward to welcoming you, onboard the Celebrity Eclipse!

------

Edited by BartonX
spelling

Celebrity has had the shoreside concierge for Michael's Club contacting upcoming passengers for a long time now - ever since the Club became Celebrity Suites and up only. Now it's also a perk for sky suites.

Please do reply as they said, and then you may also receive a series of emails and phone calls to make sure things are as perfect for you as you'd like.

We took full advantage of this in November, asking ahead of time for extra hangers in the closet, for the mini bar to be emptied and no baskets of snacks to buy brought in our room. We requested an Engine Room Control Room tour (which happened). We got an exclusive galley tour, the engine room tour, a bridge tour (which we didn't attend since we've done several before), and dinner with the captain. Drinks and snacks were free flowing in Michael's Club and we had great conversations with the staff there as well as regular passengers.

We tipped them well during the cruise and mentioned them by name on the attention to detail cards. This gives them instant perks like calls home, internet access, and extra hours off duty.

Enjoy your suite - and particularly Michael's Club and Luminae.

Celebrity has had the shoreside concierge for Michael's Club contacting upcoming passengers for a long time now - ever since the Club became Celebrity Suites and up only. Now it's also a perk for sky suites.

Please do reply as they said, and then you may also receive a series of emails and phone calls to make sure things are as perfect for you as you'd like.

We took full advantage of this in November, asking ahead of time for extra hangers in the closet, for the mini bar to be emptied and no baskets of snacks to buy brought in our room. We requested an Engine Room Control Room tour (which happened). We got an exclusive galley tour, the engine room tour, a bridge tour (which we didn't attend since we've done several before), and dinner with the captain. Drinks and snacks were free flowing in Michael's Club and we had great conversations with the staff there as well as regular passengers.

We tipped them well during the cruise and mentioned them by name on the attention to detail cards. This gives them instant perks like calls home, internet access, and extra hours off duty.

Enjoy your suite - and particularly Michael's Club and Luminae.

I am not sure that the sky suites get this email. I think it may just be for CS and above. We are in a SS in Feb and CS in Mar so will know a bit better after that although last Feb we did not get any emails pre cruise when in a CS

• 1 month later...

Sailing in an S1 Sky Suite in 10 days, and yesterday I received a call from someone saying he was a Celebrity Concierge, although I know he wasn't calling from on board Constellation. :)

I was busy working, and couldn't think of anything we'd need, but thought the call was a nice touch.