Single serve plastic wine bottles

myangel

You might get lucky and smuggle these on board via checked luggage, but they're solid candidates for confiscation if in your carry-on.

Carnival's policy specifically mentions 1 bottle of 750 ml, not 750 ml in total via various formats.

"At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage."

At best you'll sneak them on board. At worst, they'll call you to the "naughty room" and as long as none are unopened, you'll get them back at the end of the cruise.

oh that dreaded naughty room. Thankfully I've never had to enter. I am the only wine drinker and always think the wine has gone bad one day after opening it, so little bottles would have been a good idea.

oh that dreaded naughty room. Thankfully I've never had to enter. I am the only wine drinker and always think the wine has gone bad one day after opening it, so little bottles would have been a good idea.

Wine does not go bad that fast. Re-cork it and you should be good for 3 days. Maybe more depending on the wine.

Wine does not go bad that fast. Re-cork it and you should be good for 3 days. Maybe more depending on the wine.

Or bring a screw top bottle. I know the wine snobs abhor these but you can get really good everyday drinkable wine in screwtops. Try a couple of different bottle or vintages before your cruise and find one that is pleasing for you. Most are under $15.

Four of those little bottles add up to the allowed amount. I've carried these on two different cruises and had no problem with them being allowed onboard. I was flying to the port each time and was able to pack them easily in my checked bag with the airline.

I wish more wines came with the screw top :( That is what we bring now so we don't have to carry a corkscrew.

Or bring a screw top bottle. I know the wine snobs abhor these but you can get really good everyday drinkable wine in screwtops. Try a couple of different bottle or vintages before your cruise and find one that is pleasing for you. Most are under $15.

I believe they go bad as well, but being a frugal gal DH and I always finish!:D

I wish more wines came with the screw top :( That is what we bring now so we don't have to carry a corkscrew.

In Seattle just before my Alaskan cruise I bought a very cheap bottle of wine at a gas/convenience store. Got on the ship and the darned $5 bottle of wine had a cork!

In Seattle just before my Alaskan cruise I bought a very cheap bottle of wine at a gas/convenience store. Got on the ship and the darned $5 bottle of wine had a cork!

I have asked the room steward (although we usually carry multiple corkscrews) twice when we did not have one for carry on wine and he obliged both times.

What's the problem with the wine having a cork? Your room steward will get you a corkscrew if you don't have one. And you can just re-insert the cork if you don't finish the bottle. Am I missing something?

I LOVE these! I have saved so much money since I bought these about 8 years ago. Before I had this little baby, my wine used to turn to vinegar before I could get through an opened bottle (even with the cork shoved in as tight as possible).

Also, for a corkscrew: if you didn't bring your own, and your room steward isn't around at the time you need it, you can request one from room service.;)

Edited by ShakyBeef
typo

I have in the past but the one they gave me wasn't very solid. So ever since I have just gotten one bottle of wine with a screw top and one bottle champagne.

I have asked the room steward (although we usually carry multiple corkscrews) twice when we did not have one for carry on wine and he obliged both times.

Four of those little bottles add up to the allowed amount. I've carried these on two different cruises and had no problem with them being allowed onboard. I was flying to the port each time and was able to pack them easily in my checked bag with the airline.

Was this since the rule change this summer? If so, you were lucky to have someone at the port that used logic (a rare find, indeed), because the rules say you are allowed one 750 ml bottle. While I agree that 4 187 ml bottles would fall within the spirit of the rule (750 ml per passenger), it certainly falls outside the letter of the rules. So you can't be surprised if they say no dice.

You might get lucky and smuggle these on board via checked luggage, but they're solid candidates for confiscation if in your carry-on.

Carnival's policy specifically mentions 1 bottle of 750 ml, not 750 ml in total via various formats.

"At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage."

At best you'll sneak them on board. At worst, they'll call you to the "naughty room" and as long as none are unopened, you'll get them back at the end of the cruise.

I always take the little 4-Pk in lieu of the big bottle and have never had a problem. I carry them on openly and have done so from 3 different ports.

I always take the little 4-Pk in lieu of the big bottle and have never had a problem. I carry them on openly and have done so from 3 different ports.

Let us know in February if you get your 4-pk through this year. Or, if confiscated, get it back at the end of the cruise. I hear Galveston, like Miami, is notorious for confiscation of anything that doesn't conform to the exact language of the beverage policy. Best of luck!

He was no where in sight so I went to a bar and one lady gave me a hard time but her coworker opened it for me.

I take champagne sometimes and once had a bum thumb which made it really hard to open the bottle. I asked the steward for help. He obviously had never opened a bottle before. He pointed it right in the face of his assistant and started pushing. I quickly told him not to do that.