help re reasonable price hotel boston

craftymarie

i have read through so many posts that I am confused. I am looking for help in finding a reasonably priced hotel in Boston for 2 nights. 26-28 October 2016 prior to our Dawn cruise. I am hoping for somewhere less than $300 per night if possible and not to far from a subway stop. we are reasonably fit, in our late 40s/early 50s. somewhere basic is fine not looking for luxury lol as we will be exploring most of the time. we have been to Boston a couple of years ago and found it very accessible . it is such a lovely city, so friendly. hoping to book our flights tomorrow yay. any advice would be much appreciated from all you knowledgeable people

thanks Marie

i have read through so many posts that I am confused. I am looking for help in finding a reasonably priced hotel in Boston for 2 nights. 26-28 October 2016 prior to our Dawn cruise. I am hoping for somewhere less than $300 per night if possible and not to far from a subway stop. we are reasonably fit, in our late 40s/early 50s. somewhere basic is fine not looking for luxury lol as we will be exploring most of the time. we have been to Boston a couple of years ago and found it very accessible . it is such a lovely city, so friendly. hoping to book our flights tomorrow yay. any advice would be much appreciated from all you knowledgeable people

thanks Marie

Look at the John Jeffries House B&B hotel. This hotel is close to the Charles/MGH Red line stop on the edge of Beacon Hill in downtown Boston. If you can roll your luggage, you can get there for free from the airport via the Silver Line and Red Line (http://www.mbta.com) and to the port for a normal subway fare via the Red Line and the SL2 Silver Line. The station is accessible.

It may be too early for best rates, but the Best Western University Hotel is right on the Green Line in Brighton and is showing $233/night.

You should book something cancelable now just to have something and then keep an eye out for better rates as the date approaches

Edited by Nitemare

actually forget that hotel. the good price has a shared bathroom- no thanks !!!

and the prices for other rooms are comparable to many hotels.

my TA is recommending the hotel Buckminster- any thoughts? thanks

My impression is that the Buckinster is not as buffed up as many other Boston hotels, but if you're not expecting the Ritz, it would probably be fine. What price are they asking? Location is good by the Green Line at Kenmore Square.

LastMinuteTravel has the Hyatt Harborside at the airport for just under $300 tax included prepaid.

thanks for help maybe I will wait and do more research seeing as we are still 10 months out

That's a really bad idea. October is high season in Boston and you should make some sort if cancellable reservation just to be safe.

My impression is that the Buckinster is not as buffed up as many other Boston hotels, but if you're not expecting the Ritz, it would probably be fine. What price are they asking? Location is good by the Green Line at Kenmore Square.

LastMinuteTravel has the Hyatt Harborside at the airport for just under $300 tax included prepaid.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this property very close to Fenway Park? It's off of Comm Ave, No? Can anyone say post-season play of Boston Red Sox?

Beside Leaf-peeping, Boston is a huge college town, every weekend in October is a Parent Weekend and/or alumni reunion. As stated, do not wait to book October in Boston, the prices will go up dramatically, not down.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this property very close to Fenway Park? It's off of Comm Ave, No? Can anyone say post-season play of Boston Red Sox?

Beside Leaf-peeping, Boston is a huge college town, every weekend in October is a Parent Weekend and/or alumni reunion. As stated, do not wait to book October in Boston, the prices will go up dramatically, not down.

Oct 26-27 are actually World Series dates in 2016. There is also a convention of 9000 people in town. Fall foliage could be late. And there are always college events. Many many reasons to have some kind of reservation in place for Oct.

thanks to all for advice, I have now booked the Revere hotel on recommendation of several work colleagues. got fairly good rates. €540 for the two nights. looking forward to being back in Boston. hopefully we will see the gorgeous foliage this time. we were a week too late last time and most of the trees were bare.

thanks again to all.

thanks to all for advice, I have now booked the Revere hotel on recommendation of several work colleagues. got fairly good rates. €540 for the two nights. looking forward to being back in Boston. hopefully we will see the gorgeous foliage this time. we were a week too late last time and most of the trees were bare.

thanks again to all.

That's an excellent choice and an excellent price. I'm so glad you found something that suits. You will be one block from Boston Common, which is the major source of trees in downtown Boston.

• 3 weeks later...