time change

cary1306

You should have plenty of time to get back... your tour will be over at 1pm..... If this is a ship's excursion , you need NOT worry about time...they take care of everything. Since this is a private tour, you'll be fine....but you MUST go by SHIP'S TIME...that's the ONLY time that matters! There are clocks at every exit on the ship...make note of the time and set your WATCH to whatever time the ship says it is!

arriving at 8am going on private tour at 930am for 3 1/2 hr. ship leaves at 3pm and have to tender back. what is time change??and will I have enough time?

Cayman time never changes. It is the same time as Eastern Standard Time all year. That of course does not mean it will be the same as your ships time. Since you didn't mention the date of your cruise, or the ship you are on or your departure port, that is as good an answer as can be given on the time.

You say your ship is tendering. That is unusual but sometimes happens.

Edited by Charles4515

Ships can only tender in Grand Cayman, none dock

I don't know why but I was thinking of Cozumel when I wrote that. I just got off a cruise that did Cayman and Cozumel and both stay on stay on Eastern Standard time year around. They never go on daylight time. So since we left from Florida which is currently on Standard time, ship time was the same at both ports as local time. In the summer there would have been a difference. That is important to know if you book independent local excursions. We had to check the time zones of both Cayman and Cozumel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Yep. Cayman starting DST this March. Should be interesting.

I was told on the Royal Forum that Royal goes by local time but then read many debates about local vs. ship time...

we are going in April after DST so I'm concerned if this will be correct or not.

Yep. Cayman starting DST this March. Should be interesting.

I was told on the Royal Forum that Royal goes by local time but then read many debates about local vs. ship time...

we are going in April after DST so I'm concerned if this will be correct or not.

Weird. Here in the US many states want to do away with the time change, either stay on Daylight Time or Standard Time all year and they regress to changing time.

In addition to the actual different time zones some Captains change time when the actual time does not change. On my last cruise we changed time after Falmouth for Labadee and back again after Labadee even though they were on Eastern Standard Time. The same as Falmouth and Florida. I asked why. So they would get there early and the crew would have an extra hour to supply Labadee and so there would be an extra hour of daylight. The Captain can make ship time be whatever he wants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Actually, Cayman will be doing Daylight Savings Time starting in 2016

http://www.timeanddate.com/news/time/cayman-islands-introduce-dst.html

It is not yet a done deal.

The Premier did make an announcement last fall that DST will be introduced. The enabling legislation has been published and comments are being accepted. It should be voted on soon.

Island time soon?

The bill states daylight saving time in the Cayman will go into effect from 2:00am the second Sunday in March to 2:00am the first Sunday in November. At that time in November the country will revert to its standard time.
There has been a bit of opposition to the change. And (for mostly unrelated reasons) the majority in Parliament has shrunk in recent weeks as a couple MLAs have chosen to leave the governing party. It is unclear if they will side with Independent MLAs who opposed the DST change.