United Economy Plus

leennp

I am a status flyer on United. United does not have true Premium Economy seats as some airlines do. They call theirs Economy comfort, which means it is the exact same size seat with a bit of extra legroom and perhaps a better location on the plane. My biggest beef with United, versus other carriers such as American, is that even if one has purchased an upgraded seat (to Premium Comfort) United will still bounce them out of that seat in a heart beat. Typically, if you pay the upgrade (I get it free as an American Gold passenger) on American, they don't move you out of that seat unless it is a total plane change such as a 767 to a 777. United will bounce you just to show the seat as available to a late buying customer. Every time United makes a 2 min schedule change on some rummy connector flight one must check their seat assignments, on all other flights, because United takes advantage of a loophole in the laws and flips their passengers seats on any flight they choose. You can have a window aisle on a 767 for a cross the pond trip and they'll flip you to a center seat, middle section, in a blink. As I said, I've got premier executive status with over a 500K miles in their bank, and they'll still flip me in a heart beat. It's a continual fight with United!:mad:

I am a status flyer on United. United does not have true Premium Economy seats as some airlines do. They call theirs Economy comfort, which means it is the exact same size seat with a bit of extra legroom and perhaps a better location on the plane. My biggest beef with United, versus other carriers such as American, is that even if one has purchased an upgraded seat (to Premium Comfort) United will still bounce them out of that seat in a heart beat. Typically, if you pay the upgrade (I get it free as an American Gold passenger) on American, they don't move you out of that seat unless it is a total plane change such as a 767 to a 777. United will bounce you just to show the seat as available to a late buying customer. Every time United makes a 2 min schedule change on some rummy connector flight one must check their seat assignments, on all other flights, because United takes advantage of a loophole in the laws and flips their passengers seats on any flight they choose. You can have a window aisle on a 767 for a cross the pond trip and they'll flip you to a center seat, middle section, in a blink. As I said, I've got premier executive status with over a 500K miles in their bank, and they'll still flip me in a heart beat. It's a continual fight with United!:mad:

If you are going to go on a rant could you at least make sense? On UA it is called "Economy Plus" not "economy comfort".

Now what gold level on AA has to do with anything is beyond me. AA "gold" is their lowest level (25k eqm's) and you only get the free MCE (main cabin extra, what AA calls their extra leg room seats) within 24 hrs of departure (basically after everyone ahead of you gets their bumps to first/biz).

I've had the econ + subscription for a few years now and have NEVER lost my seat. I always take an isle and have never had any issues. They are not "bouncing you out of a seat" to "show it available". Just stop you sound ridiculous.

What is "premier executive status"??? UA has Premier Silver, Gold, Platinum and 1K (plus Global services but that is invite only) no premier executive status. (AA has executive platinum but that is their top level). What does 500k miles in their bank mean? 500k lifetime flight miles doesn't get you anything, lifetime satus starts a 1 million miles. (now "but in seat" miles at that)

If you are going to go on a rant could you at least make sense? On UA it is called "Economy Plus" not "economy comfort".

Now what gold level on AA has to do with anything is beyond me. AA "gold" is their lowest level (25k eqm's) and you only get the free MCE (main cabin extra, what AA calls their extra leg room seats) within 24 hrs of departure (basically after everyone ahead of you gets their bumps to first/biz).

I've had the econ + subscription for a few years now and have NEVER lost my seat. I always take an isle and have never had any issues. They are not "bouncing you out of a seat" to "show it available". Just stop you sound ridiculous.

What is "premier executive status"??? UA has Premier Silver, Gold, Platinum and 1K (plus Global services but that is invite only) no premier executive status. (AA has executive platinum but that is their top level). What does 500k miles in their bank mean? 500k lifetime flight miles doesn't get you anything, lifetime satus starts a 1 million miles. (now "but in seat" miles at that)

Thank you for pointing out the inconsistencies in the OP's posting. DH was global services on United for almost a decade before retiring with over 1.5 million miles and is now premier gold for life and we have never had any of the issues the OP discusses.

I am a status flyer on United. United does not have true Premium Economy seats as some airlines do. They call theirs Economy comfort, which means it is the exact same size seat with a bit of extra legroom and perhaps a better location on the plane.

UA never claimed to have premium economy. It's Economy Plus. Economy Comfort is a DL product.

My biggest beef with United, versus other carriers such as American, is that even if one has purchased an upgraded seat (to Premium Comfort) United will still bounce them out of that seat in a heart beat. United will bounce you just to show the seat as available to a late buying customer.

This is blatantly not true.

Every time United makes a 2 min schedule change on some rummy connector flight one must check their seat assignments, on all other flights, because United takes advantage of a loophole in the laws and flips their passengers seats on any flight they choose. You can have a window aisle on a 767 for a cross the pond trip and they'll flip you to a center seat, middle section, in a blink. As I said, I've got premier executive status with over a 500K miles in their bank, and they'll still flip me in a heart beat. It's a continual fight with United!:mad:

As pointed out, there is no "Premier executive status". The amount of miles you have in your FF account is meaningless in a status discussion.

I don't know what airline you are talking about, but it's not UA.

Edited by 6rugrats

I usually fly United and the only time the seats I have originally booked have changed is when there was an equipment change. That being said I have a trip coming up shortly on Fiji Airways. On the return flights AKL-NAD-LAX, I recently received a schedule change for the short leg and was surprised to note that instead of 2A/2B we are now 1A/2A. The equipment did not change. So I guess it can happen but I don't think things like this are part of some nefarious plot by the airlines.

. You can have a window aisle on a 767 for a cross the pond trip and they'll flip you to a center seat, middle section, in a blink.

One last thing...there are no window aisle seats on UA's 767's. Coach is 2-3-2 seating...so you can have either a window or aisle..not both like on an rj's :rolleyes:

Edited by TruckerDave

... United will bounce you just to show the seat as available to a late buying customer.
That presumes United IT is competent enough to change peoples seats to increase availability. I would not presume that.
... It's a continual fight with United!
Yeah. I always check UA reservations on Sunday/Monday. Weekends is when they play musical aircraft. Eventually, their computer figures out that an RJ is ill-suited for a TATL.

That presumes United IT is competent enough to change peoples seats to increase availability. I would not presume that.Yeah. I always check UA reservations on Sunday/Monday. Weekends is when they play musical aircraft. Eventually, their computer figures out that an RJ is ill-suited for a TATL.
Sez who?

JFK to Halifax to Gander to Narsarsuaq to Reykjavik to Glasgow to London.

map?P=jfk-yhz-yqx-uak-kef-gla-lhr&MS=wls&MR=540&MX=720x360&PM=b:disc7%2b%25t

WTP?? It fits UAs reputation for fine inflight service and comfortable seating.

Great Circle Mapper Link

Maps generated by the Great Circle Mapper -copyright © Karl L. Swartz

That presumes United IT is competent enough to change peoples seats to increase availability. I would not presume that.Yeah. I always check UA reservations on Sunday/Monday. Weekends is when they play musical aircraft. Eventually, their computer figures out that an RJ is ill-suited for a TATL.

On my recent TATL this past October my UAL reservation showed that the equipment was to be a Bombardier Q400 ! Thankfully a 767-400 came to the rescue. :)

• 8 months later...