Halloween On Board - Candy, Costumes, Decorations???

Looking for details about what happens on board for Halloween. Thinking about booking a Halloween cruise on the Serenade.

A small percentage of guests dress up in costumes. Sometimes there is a guest costime parade. The ship has some Halloween decorations.

We dressed up, had a fun time with friends. The bigger the ship the more pazzaz, bit difficult to do a parade on a ship without a Promenade but we still had a great time on Vision.

What we did last year for the first time was take candy for the room stewards on our deck.

The smiles on their faces said we did the right thing, they loved it. We went round the whole deck shouting "trick or treat" in between the dinner times so it did not disturb anyone.

We are doing Halloween on Allure this year and from what I hear, there re quite a lot of people who dress up. Contests and parades and such. Demographic will certainly big younger and obviously larger on Allure. We haven't decided if we are doing costumes. DW will make that decision:)

Not on Royal Caribbean, but about 10 years ago we did a Halloween cruise on Carnival. There was a parade from the MDR to the theater. Then they had everyone who dressed up parade across the stage for a costume contest. Many people did a great job with costumes and it was really a lot of fun.

We've been on the Freedom twice on Halloween ( within the past few years). The ship is heavily decorated and it seems lots of folks dress in costume. There were parades on the promenade and a lively party. Some dress in costume all day and stay in character. Many of the customs looked somewhat professional. I was amazed at the creativity and thought that many put into their costume. Staff dressed too. My little Halloween cat (headband) ears were so lame!

In talking with folks, it seems many had cruised together for Halloween for a few years.

About 15 years prior we also sailed on Halloween and there was no real celebration. Times have changed!

enjoy

M

We have been on several ships at Halloween. There is always decorations, and a party on each. On the Jewel one year, they had a haunted house.

We were just on the Grandeur last Halloween. It was the last night of the cruise. I thought, this isn't going to be much fun, being it was the last night. It was a ball. There was a huge amount of people dressed up. They had a parade of costumed and gave out prizes in several categories.

It really was fun.

We have done Halloween cruises the past years on Jewel and Brilliance and will do it again this year on Serenade. There have been lots of decorations, many costumes and a big Halloween party. Like one poster mentioned, one year there was a Haunted House, but don't know if Serenade will do that.

People go to dinner in costume, there has been a costume parade a couple of years, and they have given prizes for the best costumes.

These Halloween cruises have been on the repositioning from Boston, they attract a lot of repeaters (like us) so I expect the Serenade will have a good Halloween turnout this year!

We were on the Anthem in Oct. over Halloween. Many folks wearing costumes. The staff put on a Haunted House in the Music Hall. I have to say, it was quite lame.

We were also on the Celebrity Infinity a few years ago over Halloween, and the activities staff hosted a truly fun costume party in one of the big lounges that night. Lots of energy (even the Captain attended), and I was quite amazed not only by the creativity of so many of my fellow passengers but also by how much stuff they had brought on board the ship!

Lots of cabin doors decorated for Halloween (including ours).

We were on the Indy this past Halloween and it was really a great time. RCL went all out as the ship was all decorated from the promenade to the Windjammer. Halloween was on Sat night, the last night of the cruise so we were concerned that not many would dress in costume, but wow were we wrong. The costime parade lasted just under 1 hr as there was a huge amount that were dressed up. We were really impressed. If you plan a cruise, do take costumes!

We have been on several ships at Halloween. There is always decorations, and a party on each. On the Jewel one year, they had a haunted house.

We were just on the Grandeur last Halloween. It was the last night of the cruise. I thought, this isn't going to be much fun, being it was the last night. It was a ball. There was a huge amount of people dressed up. They had a parade of costumed and gave out prizes in several categories.

It really was fun.

We were on your cruise. Halloween was a blast! I loved it when the ship's dancers, dressed as zombies, did the Michael Jackson Thriller dance. And afterwards there was that fun parade of folks in costume. The audience was cheering like crazy. I'd definitely do it again.

We are doing a Halloween on the Grandeur this year.

Early in our cruising days we would pack different outfits (hats, clothes, shoes and accessories) for each of the expected "theme" Nights.

Italian, French, Caribbean, 50's, Western, Hawaiian, etc, and whatever.

With the luggage restrictions nowdays, did you notice any costumes that appeared to be packing friendly?

Would love some suggestions. :)

Also, Halloween is our sailing date. Maybe go as tired, red eye flyers!

Edited by biomedbob
For got to add our sailing date!

We are doing a Halloween on the Grandeur this year.

Early in our cruising days we would pack different outfits (hats, clothes, shoes and accessories) for each of the expected "theme" Nights.

Italian, French, Caribbean, 50's, Western, Hawaiian, etc, and whatever.

With the luggage restrictions nowdays, did you notice any costumes that appeared to be packing friendly?

Would love some suggestions. :)

Also, Halloween is our sailing date. Maybe go as tired, red eye flyers!

This past Halloween on the Indy, the costumes were pretty elaborate & amazing. You could see just about any & everything. I would suggest using youtube. Search for Halloween costumes on Royal Caribbean. From there, get ship specific.

We have done Halloween cruises the past years on Jewel and Brilliance and will do it again this year on Serenade. There have been lots of decorations, many costumes and a big Halloween party. Like one poster mentioned, one year there was a Haunted House, but don't know if Serenade will do that.

People go to dinner in costume, there has been a costume parade a couple of years, and they have given prizes for the best costumes.

These Halloween cruises have been on the repositioning from Boston, they attract a lot of repeaters (like us) so I expect the Serenade will have a good Halloween turnout this year!

We have decided to book the Serenade repo Halloween cruise this year. Talk to you on the roll call.