Cruise Deposit Question

RCmommy

For a 7 day cruise is the required deposit $250 each passenger? I don't recall. Also, I thought I saw a post on facebook about possible reduced deposit offers available during this Carnivalidays promo.. Anyone else see/read this?

For a 7 day cruise is the required deposit $250 each passenger? I don't recall. Also, I thought I saw a post on facebook about possible reduced deposit offers available during this Carnivalidays promo.. Anyone else see/read this?

It's $250 per person and I haven't read of any changes. They do from time to time offer a reduced deposit offer which is usually on their webpage.

Are you sure about the $250??

I booked an 8 day Caribbean and the deposit was $600 for two people. Then, I just booked a 7 day Alaska yesterday and the deposit was $800 for two people.

Both were booked with a PVP.

I booked an 8 day Caribbean and the deposit was $600 for two people. Then, I just booked a 7 day Alaska yesterday and the deposit was $800 for two people.

7 day cruises are 250 a person 8 day cruises are 300 a person and I am thinking Alaska must be 400 per person

Alaskan and European cruises have higher deposit requirements than do Caribbean cruises.

Thank you. I will keep watch for the reduced deposit offer online.

Just know that a reduced deposit comes with a catch.

If you call back and upgrade or see a price reduction and ask for it,,,,, you WILL be required to pay full deposit at that time. Sometimes they tell you, sometimes they don't. If you don't pay (even if they didn't tell you) you may find that your entire cruise has been cancelled because full deposit was not made.

Clearly understand the Terms and Conditions when booking with a reduced deposit sale.

Just know that a reduced deposit comes with a catch.

If you call back and upgrade or see a price reduction and ask for it,,,,, you WILL be required to pay full deposit at that time. Sometimes they tell you, sometimes they don't. If you don't pay (even if they didn't tell you) you may find that your entire cruise has been cancelled because full deposit was not made.

Clearly understand the Terms and Conditions when booking with a reduced deposit sale.

THIS.

I booked with a reduced deposit, great! I called two days ago to get OBC added under the new promotion, great! I logged onto My Account a few hours later to see if the the OBC was on yet, it was, great! I also saw: Deposit: 250, Due 12/17/15, NOT GREAT. They didn't tell me I needed to pay my deposit ASAP. Thankfully, I called back and the new phone rep said it did need to be paid that night or I could lose the booking. That was SCARY.

It's all good now, and I'll see the Vista in 2017, but I really wish the first phone rep had told me that I needed to pay the rest of the deposit now that she changed the promotion.

Edited by morninsun86

We just booked an 8 day on Monday and the deposit was only $250/person. We booked a total of 5 rooms and on 3 of the rooms the people in them had an offer on their VIFP that we only had to put down half of the deposit so instead of $500 per room we only had to put down a total of $250.