Status change question

DocJohnB

With all of the problems facing us in today's world, my question has to deal with a possible problem that is so picayune as to be almost non-existent.:p But, I am going to ask it just the same. :D

I have two cruises booked that are almost back to back. The first on the Reflection ends on 1/30/16, the second begins on the Equinox on 2/1/16.

My curent C/C status is Elite @730 points. As I will be a single supplement in concierge, my status will change to Elite Plus after the 2nd full day. I know that status WILL NOT be honored on that cruise, however, how do I ensure that it is honored on the 2nd cruise.

Now, I did talk to a Captain's Club rep who ensured me that there would be no problem as it happens quite frequently. That was all well and good until he qualified his statement with "but, if there is".

Has anybody here suffered such a horrendous fate? If so, how were you able to resolve it. (TIA)

VERY VERY SIMPLE:

You bring something with you that shows you had 730 points before your first cruise. You already know what "should happen" means.

And bring your sea pass card from the cruise you just got off of that gave you Elite+ points and go see the Captains Club Host/Hostess.

We have never met a bad one! As others have said, take documentation with you, there probably will not be an issue, but if there is just put copies in the hands of the Captains Club host and I am sure they will sort it for you.

Enjoy your extra perk So!

Just one more suggestion -- the updating of your account can be expedited if you speak to the Captain's Club host/ess on your first cruise about it, so you may find that you are already Elite Plus when you board the second cruise and find the Elite Plus coupons on your bed.

They have done this for us, as well as for many others, when doing B2B cruises on the same ship, so I don't see why the same thing can't be done for someone who is changing ships.

Also, don't forget that you can see your Captain's Club past history info onboard the ship in the computer lab, or on your own device, and the Captain's Club hostess probably has access to it also (or else can contact someone who does).

With all of the problems facing us in today's world, my question has to deal with a possible problem that is so picayune as to be almost non-existent.:p

LOL! But the same is true for just about all the problems we discuss here, if compared to world problems. :D

I think it would be a miracle if the OP had Elite + status upon boarding the second cruise. It usually takes at least 5 days for the points to appear on your account after disembarking a cruise.

I like the advice to go to the CC host on the first cruise and see what can be done to expedite this. Failing that, a visit to the CC host on the second cruise should fix it. Enjoy the free Cappuccinos!

We became Elite after the first half of a B2B on two different ships. The CC hostess on the first cruise advised the CC host on the second ship and we were welcomed as Elite with no problem. We walked down the dock at FLL and our new seapass cards had Elite printed on them.

We became Elite after the first half of a B2B on two different ships. The CC hostess on the first cruise advised the CC host on the second ship and we were welcomed as Elite with no problem. We walked down the dock at FLL and our new seapass cards had Elite printed on them.

Thanks, that is good to know . . . . . especially from one who was there and did that!!

This is the type of "problem" I'm happy to contemplate! We were to be Elite after our first Celebrity cruise (carryover from Royal) and oddly enough my husband's card said Elite but mine did not. We've taken all our cruises together, should have the same status. I asked the CC hostess on board about it and she attempted to look up my sailing history on her computer and via HQ and got nowhere....so she just said she'd send a message for them to sort it out and in the meantime just went ahead and had a new card made for me with Elite on it.