What would you do?

My point is that the concierge would likely change them to barefoot beach for the price that has already been locked in for Nellies. I have found the concierge can be extremely helpful for these types of issues.

I wouldn't bet on that happening.

we have been to Ladadee quite a few times, and have almost always been able to get a Barefoot beach cabana, the only exception being when there is more than one ship there. We do not book suites, just see the concierge to get one.

Since it seems the suites were not booking those cabanas, it doesn't make sense that the price would increase.

we have been to Ladadee quite a few times, and have almost always been able to get a Barefoot beach cabana, the only exception being when there is more than one ship there. We do not book suites, just see the concierge to get one.

Since it seems the suites were not booking those cabanas, it doesn't make sense that the price would increase.

The folks with BB access (suites & Pinnacle) don't need to rent a cabana to enjoy the benefits of BB. The logistical problem is when does the concierge release the cabanas to the D+, and then the general population.

I will continue to rent a standard cabana, at $250 it still has value for us

Find someone to share with

That's easy if you are traveling with friends or a group. I Usually cruise with my wife alone to celebrate occasions. I am not really interested in spending the day in a 10 by 10 Cabana with some strangers. It could be hit or miss and could turn out to be a costly lesson that I rather do with out :cool:

$500 cabana? That price alone would be a little more than 1/3 of my total cruise price. Yikes!

It is impressive how the prices on excursions keep increasing like they have been. If you're not careful, between 2 people, you can easily double your cost if not do more damage. $500 for a cabana is insane.

That's easy if you are traveling with friends or a group. I Usually cruise with my wife alone to celebrate occasions. I am not really interested in spending the day in a 10 by 10 Cabana with some strangers. It could be hit or miss and could turn out to be a costly lesson that I rather do with out :cool:

I've shared with roll call people twice this past year. Both times were fine.

YMMV

I must be just blind to the advantages. I enjoy walking around too much to spend enough time actually IN the cabana to make it worthwhile. I'd feel somewhat obligated to stay nailed down at that cabana, drinking that water....lol. Sorry, but you won't have to fight me to get a reservation for any of them. I like wandering around on the island and the beach, and I don't need the cabana. Paying that amount of money would just make me miserable.

I can see the benefit - I burn to a cinder in seconds, and the sofa looks comfier (and easier to get up from) than a lounge chair. I could see myself happily ensconced with a book, a steady supply of drinks, and dipping in and out of the ocean as I felt like it. However, to me that's worth about €50. As that's not what cabanas cost, I'll pass :)

Agree: It should be a staggered rate. $200 for the first two people $50 per additional person up to 6 people.

Ridiculous for a couple to pay $400 + for them.

If they do that, the cabanas will be almost completely taken up with couples (or would you suggest $100 for solos?) at the cheaper end, when they can obviously make a lot more money from them and have more people enjoy them.

$500 cabana? That price alone would be a little more than 1/3 of my total cruise price. Yikes!

It is impressive how the prices on excursions keep increasing like they have been. If you're not careful, between 2 people, you can easily double your cost if not do more damage. $500 for a cabana is insane.

Guess I'm the self designated cabana cheerleader. Some people travel with 6 people in an Aqua Suite and drop 12 grand. And the cabana is considerably less a percentage of their cruise fare. But there are none available because they are only $250 and there are none left. Just being devil's (Royals) advocate.

FWIW, there is a lot more to a cabana than some shade. Ceiling fan, AC outlet, some sense of security, floaty mats, really comfy loungers, a comfy sofa to enjoy a pretty decent buffet (BB only), golf cart transportation, suite attendant, ice with cooler and lot of water.

Guess I'm the self designated cabana cheerleader. Some people travel with 6 people in an Aqua Suite and drop 12 grand. And the cabana is considerably less a percentage of their cruise fare. But there are none available because they are only $250 and there are none left. Just being devil's (Royals) advocate.

FWIW, there is a lot more to a cabana than some shade. Ceiling fan, AC outlet, some sense of security, floaty mats, really comfy loungers, a comfy sofa to enjoy a pretty decent buffet (BB only), golf cart transportation, suite attendant, ice with cooler and lot of water.

I love cabanas! We had one last year and one upcoming. Ours will be $320 for OTW...still a cheap excursion by my standards. 6 people...or could spend over 100 each for a quick thrill ride...at least this lasts all day!

My point is that the concierge would likely change them to barefoot beach for the price that has already been locked in for Nellies. I have found the concierge can be extremely helpful for these types of issues.

Thank you for posting this. I will see if the concierge can work out.