What would you do?

There was much talk about the increase in pricing for the Cabanas that I jumped in and booked one. I was able to book online an Over the Water cabana on Nellies beach for $320. I booked this in case I was not able to get a cabana on Barefoot beach from the concierge.

Today a fellow cc member posted the pricing for 2016 cabanas on Barefoot beach.

Standard $250

Hilltop $350

Beachfront $350

Over the water $495

So now if I want to be a barefoot beach with the upgraded buffet I will have to pay a much higher rate. Should I keep what I have or get one for Barefoot beach from the concierge?:confused:

Yea talked with my husband and son and they are fine either way. I am going to keep the $320 cabana at Nellies. We won't be getting a cabana for our next cruise. It's just crazy the prices keep increasing. I understand supply and demand but the cabanas have almost doubled in price??

Yes, the prices have doubled. Even sharing the cost with friends doesn't seem worth it to me. I'll be in Labadie in a few weeks and I'm going to check out how many are vacant just to satisfy my curiosity.

Does anyone have pics of the cabanas inside and out? Never saw one and wonder why such high prices?

In addition to Bob's picture of the cabana on the beach there are some on the hill and some over the water with direct access to the sea from the Cabana.

Included in the cost is a cooler with ice and some bottles of water and you have an attendant that will go and get drinks for you. There is also an upgraded buffet lunch. Nothing very special, shrimp on skewers, steak etc.

WE did the Cabana twice before but at that time it was around $200. Definitely wont be paying the current prices for one.

NOTE: They will allow up to six people to One Cabana.

Having had one (Hillside) in 2013 for $175 and was even given an upgrade to a Barefoot Beach one with the upgrade Buffet for no additional cost, I would not pay the current prices as I do not think it is worth that kind of price! Shoot.... I had to really consider paying $175 back in 2013. We really enjoyed having one but for $350 :eek:

there was much talk about the increase in pricing for the cabanas that i jumped in and booked one. I was able to book online an over the water cabana on nellies beach for $320. I booked this in case i was not able to get a cabana on barefoot beach from the concierge.

Today a fellow cc member posted the pricing for 2016 cabanas on barefoot beach.

Standard $250

hilltop $350

beachfront $350

over the water $495

so now if i want to be a barefoot beach with the upgraded buffet i will have to pay a much higher rate. Should i keep what i have or get one for barefoot beach from the concierge?:confused:

well think about that.when people stop paying the prices--guess what! Prices will drop and fast !

It's not a $320 upgrade lunch I can tell you that

My point is that the concierge would likely change them to barefoot beach for the price that has already been locked in for Nellies. I have found the concierge can be extremely helpful for these types of issues.

We were in Labadee on Christmas day. Not sure of the price increase dates, but many of the cabanas ( at least 5 or 6) on Nellie's Beach appeared to be empty.

If you need shade, local chair guys were renting the blue shade clam shells. It seemed these were not rented through the cruise ship. Not sure of the price but they were putting them anywhere, even in front of the people who got to the beach early to "get a nice spot". They put the clam shell whereever the person wanted it often at water's edge - right in front of everyone's view.

M

I must be just blind to the advantages. I enjoy walking around too much to spend enough time actually IN the cabana to make it worthwhile. I'd feel somewhat obligated to stay nailed down at that cabana, drinking that water....lol. Sorry, but you won't have to fight me to get a reservation for any of them. I like wandering around on the island and the beach, and I don't need the cabana. Paying that amount of money would just make me miserable.

How much to just sit in the shade under the tree?;):)

Actually you can sit in the shade under a tree and even get a lounge chair and have the buffet for free. The only glitch is you need a gold seapass card.:(

The cabana looks lovely but there's no way it's worth what they're charging! I'll pass ;)

Agree: It should be a staggered rate. $200 for the first two people $50 per additional person up to 6 people.

Ridiculous for a couple to pay $400 + for them.