Super Bowl Broadcast?

harryw

It will depend on the ship's position at sea - and the availability of a good signal. If one is available - you'll will probably hear the game.

We were once off the coast in New Zealand - no broadcast but a cooperative harbormaster taped the game which we could listen to..

I was on the Riviera 2 years ago on Super Bowl Sunday, and there was no game broadcast. Is this still O's situation? I guess there are licensing issues....

Harry

Yup. Oceania does not want to pay for it. A lot of ships do, but they don't. Too bad.....:(:(:(

You never know

We had it broadcast on a couple of cruises

once they could only get the sound but those that were interested it was fine

One time we stayed later in port so people could watch the game at the local bar

When we were on the TA cruise in April, they did broadcast the NCAA Basketball final on the tv in our cabins. It was an ungodly hour and poor reception but we didn't care- at least we could hear it [emoji5]️. Maybe they will do the same with the Super Bowl!

When we were on the TA cruise in April, they did broadcast the NCAA Basketball final on the tv in our cabins. It was an ungodly hour and poor reception but we didn't care- at least we could hear it [emoji5]️. Maybe they will do the same with the Super Bowl!

Doubt it. A few years ago they would not broadcast the Olympics, the number one sports event in the world. TOO CHEAP. TOO BAD :(:(:(

I would hate to miss the Super bowl and all the festivities. It is bigger than some of our national holidays. I love the playoff games too, still recovering from that game Saturday night!

NFL Broadcast rights are very expensive, too bad Oceania does not air it.

Princess is an official NFL partner and they air all games on the outdoor big screen.

I would hate to miss the Super bowl and all the festivities. It is bigger than some of our national holidays. I love the playoff games too, still recovering from that game Saturday night!

Princess is an official NFL partner and they air all games on the outdoor big screen.

Agree with you, but I would still go on Oceania in spite of that. Superbowl is only a few hours and a cruise is 10 days of a few weeks. Not worth it as much as I would like to see the game. :(:(:(

Kinda of strange since big brother NCL had both Saturday night playoffs on live. We were in the Caribbean. I think it can also depend on the area the ship is in (ie. the foot print of the bird/satellite being used)