First time cruiser here!

Hey folks, I'll be going on the Navigator of the Seas on 21st May for 9 nights and this will be my first ever cruise with any cruise line ever! It also is on my 30th Birthday as well so had a few questions regarding the whole thing: -

1) Do Royal Caribbean do anything? They asked if it was for a special occasion and I did mention that it is my first cruise so curious as to what they might do (or offer)

2) Can you really eat all day and night if you wanted? I'm a big eater see and small portions don't normally cut the mustard with me haha! Essentially this question is saying is there availability for food 24 hours?

3) Once you've done your first cruise, what kind of deals or offers do they sometimes offer to get you to come back? Is it onboard spending money? Is it a discount of the cruise fare itself? Etc

Thanks guys - can't wait to pop my cruising cherry!

Hey folks, I'll be going on the Navigator of the Seas on 21st May for 9 nights and this will be my first ever cruise with any cruise line ever! It also is on my 30th Birthday as well so had a few questions regarding the whole thing: -

1) Do Royal Caribbean do anything? They asked if it was for a special occasion and I did mention that it is my first cruise so curious as to what they might do (or offer)

2) Can you really eat all day and night if you wanted? I'm a big eater see and small portions don't normally cut the mustard with me haha! Essentially this question is saying is there availability for food 24 hours?

3) Once you've done your first cruise, what kind of deals or offers do they sometimes offer to get you to come back? Is it onboard spending money? Is it a discount of the cruise fare itself? Etc

Thanks guys - can't wait to pop my cruising cherry!

I'm a first timer too... Can't answer your questions but I would let them know you are celebrating your birthday. My TA noted our Anniversary in our reservation and it states that we are celebrating it on the CruisePlanner. Have a blast on your cruise!!!

I don''t know why they ask about special ocassions...they no longer make a fuss, unless you BUY some sort of birthday package, anniversary, etc...

You will have food avail. almost all the time. The buffet is open for all meals, and snacks every day. The dining room is open for breakfast and dinner daily, and lunch on sea days. You may order more than 1 entree, dessert, etc in the dining room. In specialty restaurants, you can get multiple appetizers but only 1 entree, unless you pay extra, but portions are large. Room service is avail. beginning at dinner on boarding day, until the last night of the cruise.

After your 1st cruise, join the Crown and Anchor and you will get some small discounts on your next cruise.

Edited by cb at sea

The only discounts Royal offers to previous cruisers are,

1 Balcony discounts. Need to be platinum level C&A 30 points about 5 cruises.

2 C& A discounts are offered on a variety of cabins but only on limited amount of sailings and they could be there one day and gone the next.

3 OBC from booking your next cruise on board

I don''t know why they ask about special ocassions...they no longer make a fuss, unless you BUY some sort of birthday package, anniversary, etc...

You will have food avail. almost all the time. The buffet is open for all meals, and snacks every day. The dining room is open for breakfast and dinner daily, and lunch on sea days. You may order more than 1 entree, dessert, etc in the dining room. In specialty restaurants, you can get multiple appetizers but only 1 entree, unless you pay extra, but portions are large. Room service is avail. beginning at dinner on boarding day, until the last night of the cruise.

After your 1st cruise, join the Crown and Anchor and you will get some small discounts on your next cruise.

No you don't.

You and I must cruise different lines- we get some kind of celebration every time- birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

It may not be much- like a candle in a cake from the menu. But it's isn't nothing.

Our first cruise with RCI was last May. When I called to book and told them it was our anniversary cruise they threw in a bottle of champagne and roses on the bed that evening. We also got a special dessert at dinner and several crew members wished us a happy anniversary in different parts of the ship. I thought it was very nice. You can also get some special treatment on the special day. We had the Rasul booked in the spa and when I told her it was our anniversary she suggested we book the last appointment that day which was at 5 pm I think. Since we didn't have anyone after us we were allowed as much time as we wanted instead of the normal hour.

There's a 24 hour snack place in the atrium that had several different sandwiches and desserts and free room service is available 24 hours although there is a service charge after midnight. The spinach artichoke dip from room service is really good!

I'm a big eater see and small portions don't normally cut the mustard with me haha!

As others have said, when in the main dining room you can order all the courses plus double up if they are serving something you like (for instance two portions of steak or two lobster tails).

Of course in the buffet you can go back multiple times.

Bottom line - you won't be hungry.

Edited by CruisermanVA

On Explorer of the Seas in 2014 I got a certificate from the hotel director for my birthday dropped of in my room.

On Oasis of the Seas in 2015 my birthday was registered in the computer so I got birthday wishes from bartenders and waiters.

Should't be a problem! Between the MDR, Windjammer, Promenade Cafe, Park Cafe, and Room Service, there should be no way you will ever be hungry at any time during your cruise! Enjoy!