First time on Princess - any favorite places or tips on the ship?

flygirl2

We've sailed quite a few times on other cruise lines but this will be our first on Princess. We will be on the Caribbean Princess in a few weeks. Where is the best place to lay out that is quiet and sunny? On other ships I find a place on a top deck but on this ship where would you suggest? I usually do not eat buffets but what's your take on this ship? I eat a lot of fish and chicken so what is the fish and chicken like in the main dining room? When you order room service in the morning is the coffee served in a silver pot like on Holland or Celebrity or is in a plastic pot like Carnival? I love my morning coffee and croissants served on china....just a pleasure I have when I cruise. :) I enjoy the sauna's so do they have a dry sauna and possible a steam sauna as well? Many questions so who will be the first?? Thanks !!

I was on the Caribbean Princess about 6 weeks ago.

There is a sauna and a steam room in the women's locker room which is available to use free. However, for more than half of our cruise there was a sign on it that read "Closed for cleaning." This was different times, different days. Bottom line--sign was put up and never removed. Not sure if there was a malfunction or what.

There are several pools. We found the adult only pool at the aft to be often crowded while the midship (family) pool to be deserted. Your shipmates may be different.

I had one fish dish at lunch that I sent back. The salmon at dinner was good.

The buffet was ok, but we preferred the MDR when open. The International Cafe is also good.

The Caribbean Princess is my favorite Princess ship. I've sailed on her 11 times so far.

For Sailaway--try Tradewinds Bar on deck 16 over looking the pool...the view is nice and its the middle of the party :)

The Steam/Sauna rooms in the locker rooms are fine and are FREE. IMHO resist the Thermal Suites, price has gone way up. By contrast, the Enclave on the Royal/Regal cost $149 plus depending on the cruise just to use a Steam/Sauna room.

The spa pool has padded loungers and is right below the Sanctuary and is also Free. The Aft pool area hot tubes are usually empty--right below SkyWalkers.

IMHO the left side of MUTS screen on the deck above the pool has light traffic and is a good spot to view a movie and the wind blockers are there. Grab an ice cream cone before settling in.

For me, the best place to see a show is from the first row above the walk way nesr the front of the theater. There is a railing like area in front of your seat to sit your drink on. If you are near the aisles on either side....you can slip out for the restroom without bothering anyone. When you enter the theater, look for the walkwy down front, you'll immediately see why I like this area.

Club Fusion or the Explorer's lounge are nice places to see a show .

Morning Trivia is aways fun.

Have a great time.

Edited by blkspy

My favorite area on the Caribbean Princess (also my first Princess experience) is aft on the terrace. The Outrigger Bar is there, along with an 'adults only' pool. DH and I spend most of our time there, from breakfast until sundown.

:D

The Caribbean Princess is soon to be our first Princess experience. Thanks for sharing.

I was on the Caribbean Princess about 6 weeks ago.

There is a sauna and a steam room in the women's locker room which is available to use free. However' date=' for more than half of our cruise there was a sign on it that read "Closed for cleaning." This was different times, different days. Bottom line--sign was put up and never removed. [b']Not sure if there was a malfunction or what.[/b]

There are several pools. We found the adult only pool at the aft to be often crowded while the midship (family) pool to be deserted. Your shipmates may be different.

I had one fish dish at lunch that I sent back. The salmon at dinner was good.

The buffet was ok, but we preferred the MDR when open. The International Cafe is also good.

I suppose if it's seen that too many passengers are using the larger showers on a regular basis , then there won't be any available for the gym users.

These are great tips. Thank you! DH and I will be on Caribbean Princess in 60 days and this too will be our first experience with Princess! Loving these tips! Thanks!

Don't forget to enter your anniversary in your cruise personalizer. You'll get a nice sign and balloons for your door and a small Princess Chocolate cake (very rich)

May she become your favorite ship also. :)

Edited by blkspy

The white plastic carafes are actually thermal pots so the coffee etc stays hot for quite a long time.

Ha....does not help when coffee they put in there is already lukewarm. :cool:

When home I have to microwave my coffee countless times as I drink it. Love it hot.

At least in the DR we find it very hot most of the time.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Don't forget to go through the Princess website. Look at the deck plans and read the FAQs (the Cruise Answer Place). There's a section about the Caribbean Princess that will give you info about what features are on the ship and where they are.

One place you'll want to check out that's on most Princess ships now is the International Cafe. It's not an enclosed eatery, but a set of display cases featuring various plates of food and snacks, with a coffee counter next to it. You just tell the person at the counter what you want and you'll get the items on small plates (or bowls) to take with (you can look for a place there in the grand atrium or take the food up to the pool area, your cabin, a lounge --I would often get some Key Lime Pie tartlets or the excellent chocolate chip cookies to take to the afternoon trivia contest). The only charges will be for hot beverages or gelato (some ships have this).

My favorite area on the Caribbean Princess (also my first Princess experience) is aft on the terrace. The Outrigger Bar is there, along with an 'adults only' pool. DH and I spend most of our time there, from breakfast until sundown.

:D

We too have enjoyed the Outrigger bar. Usually it's quiet back there and relaxing. :)

Don't forget to enter your anniversary in your cruise personalizer. You'll get a nice sign and balloons for your door and a small Princess Chocolate cake (very rich)

May she become your favorite ship also. :)

Wow... Thanks! I will try to figure that out! We are really excited to be celebrating our 10 year anniversary on board! Just 59 more days!

Wow... Thanks! I will try to figure that out! We are really excited to be celebrating our 10 year anniversary on board! Just 59 more days!

I have unused coffee cards--I only get a cup on sea days. What I like to do when getting a cup is to see if any Blue card (1st time) Princess cruisers are there . I use my punches to pay for there coffees :) I always hope this enhances their cruise experience and they will choose Princess again.

So don't be surprised if someone does this for you :)