Ovation: is she the poor relation?

No, they don't send them. They emailed me a link and I then printed the documents out. The luggage tags print on an A4 page so once you have folded them as instructed, they are pretty sturdy.

I have invested in some of them, too for our upcoming cruise.

Corinna

Thanks

Yes, dining is now available for 14 April......and for 3 May the only "entertainment" is the bookable Behind the Scenes tour. No entertainment for April 14

27 days to go......no urgency.

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

Could it have anything to do with the ship being new, but taking such a long time repositioning before reaching its target markets in Asia/Australia?

I have no idea how marketing execs decide to spend their money and when.

I don't suppose it would really have anything to do with that particular repositioning route and safety issues. Ships travel this route routinely.

My guess is the timing is for a different market group, but this thread does make me wonder.

There would be zero chance of this happening on an inaugural US cruise

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

25 days to go.

No entertainment

If this was a USA sailing there would have been a riot by now. [emoji36]

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

A riot? Really?

Now that´s really funny, I can well remember the times when all you got to know about the Entertainment was in the daily cruise compass you got every night in your cabin. It´s not been that Long ago.

I also remember quite well the virtual riot, when they started to offer online booking of Shows.:eek::D

People never wanted to sail with a ship / line where they Need to pre-plan.:D

A riot? Really?

Now that´s really funny, I can well remember the times when all you got to know about the Entertainment was in the daily cruise compass you got every night in your cabin. It´s not been that Long ago.

I also remember quite well the virtual riot, when they started to offer online booking of Shows.:eek::D

People never wanted to sail with a ship / line where they Need to pre-plan.:D

So true!

Anyone looking/booked the 26th May price drops in the UK from £699 now.

last time it got close was a one day sale in Oct.

Not any more, ive just checked and its about £1200pp :eek:with airfare back from Dubai its a massive amount x

I feel like this ship has been heavily promoted in Australia, probably more than is warranted given it's only four or so sailings scheduled. They make it sound like it's going to be "our ship" but it's really not!

The one I would like mid January is all but sold out, with only junior family suites available at over $6000 per person. A bit out of my price range!! I wonder if anything will show up after final payment is due and people cancel.

Cant believe all the moaning about lack of info on shows and not being able to book entertainment etc etc

For Christ sake your on holiday its about relaxing! you should of booked the cruise for the destinations not what show your going to watch onboard!

Also why do you want to pre book everything its not a military procedure where you have to be here for X time and there for X time

Just get on board and relax!! :rolleyes:

Edited by The_0neuk

The title of this thread is questioning whether Ovation is the Poor Relation.

For Christ sake your on holiday its about relaxing!
Firstly it should be 'you're' not 'your'. Grammar aside, the whole point of these ships is doing the planning. It helps build up the excitement. This is what RCI wants and expects and encourages us to do.

In the 'new' RCI world where you are meant to make your reservations prior to boarding, for dining, entertainment, skydiving etc; I feel it is unfair to criticize those who are expecting to have the ability, prior to their cruise to make reservations for dining, entertainment, skydiving etc.

So 24 days prior to Ovation's first sailing, whilst paying inflated prices for the few ex-UK sailings, there is still no facility to book entertainment. I believe that dining options opened out 26 days before her first sailing.

Yes, in a world where we have "99 days of Harmony" counting down to that launch, Ovation is indeed the poor relation.

IMHO.

Edited by little britain

Quantum is a closer relative. Also she doesn't have the ability to currently book entertainment onboard, and dining opens up a similar time out.

Hence, she's either consistent with her sister, or there are a number of "poor relations." However, it's not unique.

This ship is coming to Asia and then Australia and then later in the year on to China. A very big difference from a ship heading to the United States. The market here (Asia) is not like the US Market, passengers will book just because it is a new ship.

The Europe Cruises are really just shake down cruises to test the ship, and the passengers are paying for this test period. I'm sure once the ship is sailing it will have the shows and the extras some people are looking for.

Completely different market so the campaign is completely different. I know passengers in China booking not based upon the cruise but the dates and it is the largest passenger ship in Asia.