The Istanbul Conundrum

chrismakris

Our Oct 21 Constellation cruise has no eliminated the Istanbul overnight. This is great for us, since we are spendng 4 days before the cruise in Istanbul. We will also NW pick up an additional port Limassol, Cyprus.

Mike

When I spoke to the Celebrity TA about this, she confirmed that whilst cruise lines can and will change itineraries and ports of call, changing an embarkation/debarkation port is not impossible but not logistical common sense.

As we are sharing our few days with you and Carol pre-cruise, I, like you am quite happy that we leave on the 21st rather than the 22nd as it gives us Limassol as an additional port. Just hope nothing else has to change!

Well they changed the itinerary and took away any extra time in Istanbul.

I had spoken with Celebrity this week and was told that the itinerary had not changed and that we would be arriving in Istanbul on the 13th of November at 2 p.m. and leaving on the 14th at 11 p.m, giving us an overnight.

I checked today and the 13th is now a SEA DAY. We get into Istanbul at 7 a.m. and leave at 11 p.m.

I know Celebrity can change itinerary's, and yes they are still going to have some time in Istanbul.

Just making folks aware of the change

I don't think they have had an overnight in Istanbul since last August. We were on the Equinox last august out of Istanbul and were notified as we boarded our flight (!) that we would be sailing on embarkation day.

Fortunately we had a couple of days in Istanbul prior to embarkation so got to see this beautiful city.

I had spoken with Celebrity this week and was told that the itinerary had not changed and that we would be arriving in Istanbul on the 13th of November at 2 p.m. and leaving on the 14th at 11 p.m, giving us an overnight.

I checked today and the 13th is now a SEA DAY. We get into Istanbul at 7 a.m. and leave at 11 p.m.

I know Celebrity can change itinerary's, and yes they are still going to have some time in Istanbul.

I don't think they have had an overnight in Istanbul since last August. We were on the Equinox last august out of Istanbul and were notified as we boarded our flight (!) that we would be sailing on embarkation day.

Fortunately we had a couple of days in Istanbul prior to embarkation so got to see this beautiful city.

Yes (I think we were on the same August cruse last year, Higgy), I believe X have not been overnighting in Istanbul since then. We were the first sailing where they cancelled the overnight stop, literally the day of flying for us ;).

We are on the Connie that was boarding 21st October, departing 22nd. Received a letter by email yesterday confirming that we will be sailing out of Istanbul on the evening of the 21st. A sea day has been switched around and Limassol has been added to the itinerary.

As we will be spending 3 days in Istanbul pre cruise, we're more than happy with this alteration..............just so long as they cancel Israel!

We are on the Connie that was boarding 21st October, departing 22nd. Received a letter by email yesterday confirming that we will be sailing out of Istanbul on the evening of the 21st. A sea day has been switched around and Limassol has been added to the itinerary.

As we will be spending 3 days in Istanbul pre cruise, we're more than happy with this alteration..............just so long as they cancel Israel!

Oops! That should've said just as long as they DONT cancel Israel!!! Silly me 😡