ms Nieuw Amsterdam and ms Eurodam Sail-Away January 17, 2016

Boytjie

Another busy day in Port Everglades with seven ships is port.

Both the Eurodam and the Nieuw Amsterdam have music charter cruises this week; Eurodam is scheduled to set sail at 16:00/4:00 PM EDT while the charter website shows Nieuw Amsterdam departing at 17:00/5:00 PM EDT (subject to change as always). There will be more music provided by the Love Boat theme toots from Regal Princess.

Also departing Port Everglades: Regal Princess, Allure Of The Seas, Navigator Of The Seas and Celebrity Silhouette.

The webcams are at:

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

The first dam ship sail-away of the season in Tampa takes place when the Veendam departs at 16:00/4:00 PM: http://porttampawebcam.com/

The Westerdam will be in Key West as it's first port-of-call on The Country Music Cruise charter, departing at 16:00/4:00 PM: http://keywestharborwebcam.com/

The Eurodam's 7-day Jazz Cruise itinerary:

Jan 17 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Jan 18 At Sea

Jan 19 Amber Cove, Dominican Republic

Jan 20 St Thomas, US Virgin Islands

Jan 21 St Croix, US Virgin Islands

Jan 22 At Sea

Jan 23 Freeport, Bahamas

Jan 24 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

ftlauderdale-ambercove-stthomas.gif

The Nieuw Amsterdam's 7-day Legendary Rhythm And Blues Cruise itinerary (with themes in parenthesis):

Jan 17 Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Hometown Blues)

Jan 18 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Blue Night)

Jan 19 Bluesin’ At Sea (Sea Creatures)

Jan 20 Frederiksted, St. Croix, USVI (Legendary Gear)

Jan 21 Road Town, Tortola, BVI (Cruiser’s Choice)

Jan 22 Bluesin’ At Sea (Carnival)

Jan 23 Bluesin’ At Sea (Pajamarama)

Jan 24 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

ftlauderdale-halfmooncay-tortola.gif

Our gang of Canadians will be out on deck for the sail away on the LRBC. I brought a large Canadian flag to wave! We always wave to the folks in the condos and on the beach.

Looking forward to the Blues cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam :D

Our gang of Canadians will be out on deck for the sail away on the LRBC. I brought a large Canadian flag to wave! We always wave to the folks in the condos and on the beach.

Looking forward to the Blues cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam :D

Will be watching for you.

Have a fabulous cruise.

Both our ladies are here, a lot earlier than port board predicted.

Veendam is already parked in Tampa.

Last night while watching the Costa Deliziosa depart, I heard something on the radio feed that sounded like "cruise ships arriving at 4:30 am", no ships identified.

I wonder how accurate the Port Schedule is for arrival times and whether it just shows expected arrival, not actual arrival:

ps.jpg.ca9e9a243e7958f816309419cca48e25.jpg

Edited by Boytjie

Last night while watching the Costa Deliziosa depart, I heard something on the radio feed that sounded like "cruise ships arriving at 4:30 am", no ships identified.

I wonder how accurate the Port Schedule is for arrival times and whether it just shows expected arrival, not actual arrival:

[ATTACH]373845[/ATTACH]

I'm sure it was the weather, it's about to hit FLL at any time. Where I am, an hour NW of FLL, we lost power at the motel for an hour when that same storm came through. It's very strong!

I've found the Port Schedule arrival times to be fairly accurate, but with everyone showing up an hour early, I'm sure they were told to get there as early as possible. RCCL ships are always the first in, unless HAL has an arrival from Europe, So Amer or the Panama Canal - those tend to arrive between 1-4 am. Just my personal observation.

Glad to see Veendam made it in to our home port of Tampa safely as we had some pretty wild weather move through starting around 2am. Winds have been strong enough to close the Skyway Bridge this morning but at this present time don't know if it still is. Areas south of the Skyway Bridge were hit the hardest including tornados around 3am.

70 cruises on HAL at the age of 51

1,038 days at sea on 14 different DAM SHIPS

700 day Platinum Medallion holder

5 Maiden Voyages (Ryndam,Veendam,Volendam, Zaandam & Amsterdam)

September 24, 2004 Rotterdam Trans Atlantic Hurricane Karl survivor

7/17/16 Voyage of the Midnight Sun - Koningsdam

12/23/16 Christmas & New Years - Koningsdam

If Holland America doesn't go there, WE DON'T GO!

Edited by rjbean4

Looking forward to today's sail-away; here on the "frozen tundra" it is -42C with the wind chill. Just seeing the ocean, the beautiful ships and the palm trees will help keep me warm!

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Looking forward to today's sail-away; here on the "frozen tundra" it is -42C with the wind chill. Just seeing the ocean, the beautiful ships and the palm trees will help keep me warm!

Wow! That's COLD.

I can't even imagine what -42C would even feel like!:eek::eek::eek: I might have to hibernate for the winter with cold like that.

I can only remember one time when we had wind chills of -40. It was back in the early nineties. Schools were closed. Malls had limited hours. Many businesses shut down.

Our state was in a natural gas crisis.

I don't ever want to see wind chills like that again.