new mattresses and TV on Ruby

Jemnibabe

Does anyone know for sure, if the Ruby has gotten the new mattresses and the large flat screen TVs in the cabins yet? If not, when is she scheduled to get them? Thanks for any input on this.

Judy from SW Florida

Have not heard any news about the Ruby getting the flat screen/on demand system replacement as the Sapphire did a couple of years ago. Seems the replacement program has ground to a halt. :(

Mattress's are replaced on an ongoing basis on all ships.

Its still a crap shoot whether you receive a good mattress or not.

The Emerald was supposed to get all new mattress's too, it did not happen as several reported they had bad ones. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Ruby is the first Princess ship getting the new mattresses. I read this February it was to happen. However, posters that recently cruise said it is already done.

Glad to hear this and I hope it covered all of the cabins :D

Does anyone know if they are making any efforts to replace all of these during drydock? I am hoping this might happen.
A dry dock isn't necessary for either mattresses or the TV system. Mattresses are replaced on an ongoing basis and on the Sapphire, the TV system was installed over a period of several cruises. I was on one of those cruises and it was a PITA as technicians had to come to my cabin several times to make adjustments. The TV didn't work for the whole cruise.

So some thought on recent Emerald cruises. The Emerald was supposed to have all her's replaced as well. Didn't happen.

So I would not hold your breath.

We were on the Emerald on Dec. 14 and DID HAVE NEW MATRESSES. They were Wonderfully comfortable.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/princess-luxury-bed/

*The Princess Luxury Bed will debut on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess and Coral Princess in February 2016, followed by Sun Princess (Apr 2016), Grand Princess (Dec 2016), Caribbean Princess (Mar 2017), Golden Princess (Apr 2017), Pacific Princess (May 2017), Sea Princess and Star Princess (Nov 2017), Royal Princess (Feb 2018), Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018), Regal Princess (Apr 2018), Crown Princess (Apr 2018) and Island Princess (Apr 2018). Please note this schedule is subject to change.