Liberty of the Seas Drydock

How to ruin a cruise ship 101 put some tacky looking waterslides on the back. Think they should just have left them on the harmony pointless trying to retro fit a new feature on an older ship.

Kinda like rock walls and movie screens

Thanks for the reply...

Any idea about where the slides go into? a new pool?

Im ok with the slides.. However, I agree that the colors should be aesthetically pleasing :cool:

No new pool.

See this thread starting about post #20:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2301956

We are booked in June and it looks like we are in one of the new state rooms - Deck 12 #1878? I hope this is a good thing as I didn't realize this was a new room when I booked. We have only been on one RCL cruise and that was 7 years ago on the Majesty. So technically this is our first real RCL cruise. We have cruised on Carnival and NCL several times. Looking forward to checking out what this ship has to offer.

We are booked in June and it looks like we are in one of the new state rooms - Deck 12 #1878? I hope this is a good thing as I didn't realize this was a new room when I booked. We have only been on one RCL cruise and that was 7 years ago on the Majesty. So technically this is our first real RCL cruise. We have cruised on Carnival and NCL several times. Looking forward to checking out what this ship has to offer.

We have 1890 on Freedom in August. Booked it specifically because of new location. :D

Sometimes one photo says it all. Here was a view of MSC Divina coming along side Liberty at St. Maarten on the November repo cruise from Bayonne to Galveston.

The photo is taken from my favorite spot on Liberty, St. Tropez, where all passengers had access to the wonderful views from this relaxing haven forward above deck 12.

These views will now only be available to the lucky few getting those new cabins on deck 12 where the forward viewing area is also history now.

Notice the 'discreet' water slide on Divina and the beautiful lines of that ship.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

MSC has handled the design and placement of their new waterslides on the, soon to be Miami based, Seaside, very well.

ry%3D400

I am happy I had a last chance to sail on the 'beautiful' Liberty of the Seas on the repo to Galveston. Viewing this classic ship from the Renaissance pool at Curacao is how I will want to remember her.

ry%3D400

Edited by MADflyer

... These views will now only be available to the lucky few getting those new cabins on deck 12 where the forward viewing area is also history now....

Maybe Liberty will be different, but on Navigator, the lounge area on top of deck 12 was actually expanded because of the deck 12 stateroom additions.

Edited by clarea

Maybe Liberty will be different, but on Navigator, the lounge area on top of deck 12 was actually expanded because of the deck 12 stateroom additions.

It would be great if they had actually planned the use of that space instead of just putting a big empty open deck space up there. So far, the Navigator and Freedom usage of that space have been a complete failure and I think they will do the same with Liberty.

The St. Tropez deck was a very relaxing spot and used by many to get away from the open deck space, pool crowds and activity at the aft of the ship.

At least the Helipad is still open on these ships.

I am really not worried about their changes though as I have many other choices. I will never even consider the 'enhanced' Voyager and Freedom class ships as an option in the future, but have been very happy to sail with them in their 'classic' versions.

Edited by MADflyer

It would be great if they had actually planned the use of that space instead of just putting a big empty open deck space up there. So far, the Navigator and Freedom usage of that space have been a complete failure and I think they will do the same with Liberty.

The St. Tropez deck was a very relaxing spot and used by many to get away from the open deck space, pool crowds and activity at the aft of the ship.

At least the Helipad is still open on these ships.

I am really not worried about their changes though as I have many other choices. I will never even consider the 'enhanced' Voyager and Freedom class ships as an option in the future, but have been very happy to sail with them in their 'classic' versions.

I don't understand your dilemma, St Tropez is still a relaxing getaway, it's just larger. Time will tell if they ever come up with any additional usage

I don't understand your dilemma, St Tropez is still a relaxing getaway, it's just larger. Time will tell if they ever come up with any additional usage

I do not have a dilemma in the least. I will simply choose other options in the future.

St. Tropez was not designed as a huge open sun deck. Only someone who has appreciated St. Tropez can understand this fact it seems. On my final Liberty sailing on the Repo from Bayonne to Galveston, it was again mainly a European crowd up there daily.

Here is a late afternoon shot from Grand Cayman. It is clear this is not just open deck.

ry%3D400

Here is St. Tropez on a sea day.

ry%3D400

I do not think they have left the service bars and sofas on Freedom or Navigator.

ry%3D400

Edited by MADflyer