Liberty of the Seas Drydock

Thanks for another pic, can't wait to see her in person soon. I wonder what the slides end into small pool? We should see video soon

I'd bet they won't end into a pool. My guess is that they'll end in extended chutes at the end of the slide like you see at the kid-slide areas at Great Wolf and other water parks.

MSC has handled the design and placement of their new waterslides on the, soon to be Miami based, Seaside, very well.

ry%3D400

I am happy I had a last chance to sail on the 'beautiful' Liberty of the Seas on the repo to Galveston. Viewing this classic ship from the Renaissance pool at Curacao is how I will want to remember her.

ry%3D400

I totally agree to this point of view. The Freedom and Voyager class ships looked so great and now you see an amusement park on the water with a hat of additional cabins and even more people on board. We will choose other ships from now.

By the way: Open deck space on deck 12 forward and the possibility to walk around the ship on that deck is gone, deck space on 13 is expanded but not nice anymore.

I hope they will not find a way to add hats with cabins and waterslides and flowriders to Radiance Class!

A hat, really. I don't think it looks significantly different, but that's just me. The water side is ugly, but C'est la vie.

ry%3D480

And here you can see the Freedom never had sofas or storage areas for that manner. Hopefully Liberty will retain them, I don't see why not

ry%3D480

1454272697748.jpg.779c0b3a140d83702104cca8aace05c6.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

We went on a cruise on the NCL Epic when it first entered service. We would never go on it again. They put that big ugly box of rooms right up front on top of the ship. Here's what that did for me. 1. It ruined the appearance of the ship. 2. You could no longer go up on top of the ship and walk full laps around the ship with a beautiful view. 3. They eliminated their forward lounge on top of the ship. It used to be nice to go up, have a drink and have a remarkable forward looking view. It's like NCL forgot that people want to go cruising on a SHIP - AT SEA. It is interesting to note that orders for the 2nd and 3rd version of the Epic were canceled.

The point is, I hope that Royal Caribbean won't make a similar mistake by ruining the appearance, view and utilization of their ships.

We went on a cruise on the NCL Epic when it first entered service. We would never go on it again. They put that big ugly box of rooms right up front on top of the ship. Here's what that did for me. 1. It ruined the appearance of the ship. 2. You could no longer go up on top of the ship and walk full laps around the ship with a beautiful view. 3. They eliminated their forward lounge on top of the ship. It used to be nice to go up, have a drink and have a remarkable forward looking view. It's like NCL forgot that people want to go cruising on a SHIP - AT SEA. It is interesting to note that orders for the 2nd and 3rd version of the Epic were canceled.

The point is, I hope that Royal Caribbean won't make a similar mistake by ruining the appearance, view and utilization of their ships.

Looks like Indy is the only freedom class that still has a spa ocean view. Unless they are putting virtual windows in Liberty right now and did they in Freedom? No forward deck 12 cabins. No stopped forward jogging/walk track. I really enjoyed that walk around last April.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Looks like Indy is the only freedom class that still has a spa ocean view. Unless they are putting virtual windows in Liberty right now and did they in Freedom? No forward deck 12 cabins. No stopped forward jogging/walk track. I really enjoyed that walk around last April.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Did the spa have Windows to speak of, I don't recall. The gym still does. Not sure I'd want a window in my massage room. :eek:

It would be great if they had actually planned the use of that space instead of just putting a big empty open deck space up there. So far, the Navigator and Freedom usage of that space have been a complete failure and I think they will do the same with Liberty.

The St. Tropez deck was a very relaxing spot and used by many to get away from the open deck space, pool crowds and activity at the aft of the ship.

At least the Helipad is still open on these ships.

I am really not worried about their changes though as I have many other choices. I will never even consider the 'enhanced' Voyager and Freedom class ships as an option in the future, but have been very happy to sail with them in their 'classic' versions.

Whereas for me the enhancements to these are what draw me to them. Each to his or her own. [emoji846]

I've been tracking her on Marine traffic and googling for photos...there are a couple of her in dry dock but you cannot see much.

We have to wait until April 24th so by then some of you will be able to enlighten us...lurking over on the Feb. 7th roll call too, but they probably won't be posting after the 7th....so we have to rely on you who are cruising soon. I'll be watching everything I can get my hands on....:D

Becci,

Debbie and I will be on the Liberty the 21st and 28th sailings so can check anything out for you. We had booked a January sailing before dry dock, but switched it to after when rates were lower and snagged a B2B.

I have heard that some Royal Caribbean ships have soda machines on the ship that passengers can use. I wonder if Liberty will have them? How do you pay for your drink and what happens if you have a drink plan that includes sodas?

They give you a cup with an RFID chip. You can also get soda from any bar and at dinner. I think it close to $9 a day. The non alcoholic pkg for around $20 is probably a better deal. Includes juice, coffee and Virgin bar drinks.

Becci,

Debbie and I will be on the Liberty the 21st and 28th sailings so can check anything out for you. We had booked a January sailing before dry dock, but switched it to after when rates were lower and snagged a B2B.

Don't you guys ever stay home?!:D

You'll post pics of the slides and tell us if you enjoyed them...do a review with pics when you return!!!!!!!! Lucky dog, I've got cabin fever so bad right now it's pathetic! Not to mention Cedar Fever...choo

I have heard that some Royal Caribbean ships have soda machines on the ship that passengers can use. I wonder if Liberty will have them? How do you pay for your drink and what happens if you have a drink plan that includes sodas?

There are a bunch of us waiting with baited breath to see if they add the freestyle machines to the Liberty during dry dock.

Don't you guys ever stay home?!:D

You'll post pics of the slides and tell us if you enjoyed them...do a review with pics when you return!!!!!!!! Lucky dog, I've got cabin fever so bad right now it's pathetic! Not to mention Cedar Fever...choo

Debbie and I both have had Cedar Fever this year. Kinda wish the cruise would get here quicker for some relief. We had to make a special Costco run to stock up on Kleenex.

Can't promise a review as I hate typing long essays. Will be glad to share some pictures though of the new features they add in dry dock. Maybe even a GoPro video coming down the slide and other new slide.

I wonder?Do they charge to use the new slides ? More money for the line?

also, expect it brings more families that will stay onboard, spend more$ instead of going off the ship at ports.

As long as there is still places to sit away from the crowds and enjoy the ship - I really do not mind the additions - it is fun to walk around a watch for a bit - then go sit with the drink of the day in the peaceful shade somewhere.

Each to their own = nobody forcing you to use the slides. And the look of the ship slides/no slides does not make me book on it

The Salon on Liberty had windows all along the side of the facility. It provided natural lighting.

Liberty featured a very large 'relaxation' room along the front of the ship. This was where you waited for the treatment and could relax following a treatment.

The treatment rooms did have windows that were shaded and provided some light to the rooms and were very relaxing as other lighting was often not necessary.

Debbie and I both have had Cedar Fever this year. Kinda wish the cruise would get here quicker for some relief. We had to make a special Costco run to stock up on Kleenex.

Can't promise a review as I hate typing long essays. Will be glad to share some pictures though of the new features they add in dry dock. Maybe even a GoPro video coming down the slide and other new slide.

Yes yes please....next time we cruise, I owe ya a drink:D

No Freestyle machines on Liberty, and I've not see any announcement that they will be installed.

Im willling to bet that she will get them during dry dock. Is that not when other ships have been typically getting them? AKA Freedom last spring?

Possibly, but in a similar situation, Navigator in Galveston had a dry dock and they did not get installed.

Im willling to bet that she will get them during dry dock. Is that not when other ships have been typically getting them? AKA Freedom last spring?

Freedom has had Freestyle forever. They even had the ones before they became Freestyle. They were useless. What Freedom got this spring was a beer dispenser :D

But it failed to deliver :(