Margaritville Cabanas

pajazz28

• 4 weeks later...

The cabanas really aren't anything special and there are so many loungers in both shade and sun, we never saw a reason to get one. They are not particularly attractive, rather small and wonder what it is about them that people seem to be attracted to? :confused:

• 4 weeks later...

We are renting a cabana for our trip in a few days. Main reason, one in the group does like some "quiet" time where she can get away and read, she is also very fair skinned, so being out in any sort of sun can be brutal. Wanted her to be comfy and still enjoy the day on island with us, so the $$ was worth spending in our minds. We are also the 2nd ship into port that day, so knowing that Carnival has an hour ahead of us, we wanted to make sure we definitely had loungers.

The cabanas really aren't anything special and there are so many loungers in both shade and sun, we never saw a reason to get one. They are not particularly attractive, rather small and wonder what it is about them that people seem to be attracted to? :confused:

We have one rented for our August cruise for a variety of reasons. Primarily - we are the second ship in port. It will be crowded. It will be August, super hot. So even if we got there and could pick two chairs each, a cabana would be better for us. We looked inside one last year, and it was very neat and clean. Air conditioned. You can lock your things in there, etc. So there is plenty to be attracted to. Now if none of that is appealing to you, sobeit. I was sorry we didn't have one last year since they do have them available. Why not. We were sure to grab one for this year. Can't wait!

We saw them but did not reserve them as we wanted to walk the beach to some of the beach bars for the day, but if I were going with a "group" or a family and wanted a central base-camp so to speak, I think they are a good idea. Especially if you have little kids or someone who does not tolerate the sun or heat well. They are cute and I think worth the money if you have a few people going there to use it. Like I said, nice base camp setting where you know you can keep your things while you swim/party/sun or beach.

• 2 weeks later...

we reserved one in 2014 on our last cruise and will be getting another one this July. We LOVED it. Great place to keep all your things locked up when you are at the beach or pool. Great place to cool off in the air conditioning during the day. We did use the waiter last time but found it way expensive (to be expected)/ I think this time we will bring some sodas off the ship and pick up a bottle in the duty free shop and have our own drinks in the cabana

I checked Carnival's excursion list and I do not see one where you can book the cabanas at Margaritaville in Grand Turk? Anyone have any experience with this? We're sailing on Magic in Nov.

If the excursion offerings are already showing and you don't see the cabanas, you might want to check and see if there's another ship visiting Grand Turk on the same day. And if so, which ship gets there first. Second ship won't be offered the cabanas. I know we're booked on the Magic and it's the second ship in port. I got a cabana only by special request. The Conquest docks first and had them listed. I know, because I was originally booked on that Conquest sailing.

Thanks for the input. Conquest is also in the same time so I'm not sure which one of us is scheduled to dock first. Regardless, they aren't offered on our excursions so I guess we're out of luck on that one. Thanks again!

We always book a cabana. No, they're not spectacular but it's a respite, a place to secure belongings, and has good bar service.

I have a cruise in October and we are the only ship in port... and the cabanas aren't listed yet. No worries... keep checking!

We always book a cabana. No, they're not spectacular but it's a respite, a place to secure belongings, and has good bar service.

I have a cruise in October and we are the only ship in port... and the cabanas aren't listed yet. No worries... keep checking!

Ok - thank you - I'll keep checking. This is our first time in this port - cabana or no cabana, we'll still have a great time! :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked a cabana thru carnival for our August cruise on the Magic. There will be another ship in port that gets in before us that day and I don't want to searching for a spot for me and my boys to set up. My 16 year old can sometimes get anxious in crowded areas, so it will be nice to have somewhere quiet for him if needed. We plan on camping out here for the day, so I'm glad we will have a "home base" to lock things up if we want to wonder off and come and go as we like.