How do people generally dress at night on Anthem and Quantum?

Some1

I'm going on Ovation later this year and just want to make sure I won't be overdressed or under-dressed since there are no formal nights... I don't want this to turn into another "you should or shouldn't wear this or that" thread, I just want to know what your observation was in terms of what most people were wearing during the night. Thanks! :)

We sailed Anthem out of NJ in November.

If you are going to eat in Grande, then YES. The vast majority of diners were dressed formally. You will always see some that do not, but by and large, yes most did. Outside of Grande, some dressed formally by choice but as a general rule, most did not.

We sailed Anthem out of NJ in November.

If you are going to eat in Grande, then YES. The vast majority of diners were dressed formally. You will always see some that do not, but by and large, yes most did. Outside of Grande, some dressed formally by choice but as a general rule, most did not.

Hi Sascol-- Thanks for the info. Regarding formal, do you mean what we used to call formal? that would be Tuxedos or perhaps a dark suit? Or are a lot of folks wearing jackets and ties? Thanks again.

Here is the suggested dress. If you dress according to this you will be most appropriate.

"Onboard Dress Code

Smart Casual: Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a blouse. Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a collared shirt.

Formal: Ladies: Cocktail dress or pantsuit. Gentlemen: Suit (black tie is optional)

Note: Swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurants or specialty restaurants. T-shirts, shorts and flip-flops are acceptable for lunch.

Note: Smart Casual is allowed on Boarding Day at The Grande Restaurant (should only be included where we are speaking about The Grande)"

Here is the suggested dress. If you dress according to this you will be most appropriate.

"Onboard Dress Code

Smart Casual: Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a blouse. Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a collared shirt.

Formal: Ladies: Cocktail dress or pantsuit. Gentlemen: Suit (black tie is optional)

Note: Swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurants or specialty restaurants. T-shirts, shorts and flip-flops are acceptable for lunch.

Note: Smart Casual is allowed on Boarding Day at The Grande Restaurant (should only be included where we are speaking about The Grande)"

That would only hold true for one restaurant and that would be The Grande. All other restaurants are Smart Casual.

You will see everything and anything all throughout the ship every night of your cruise. You don't know where anyone else has eaten that night, and that's the only thing that "dictates" what you wear. (and of course, it really doesn't. ;) )

Someone may have eaten in the Grande. Someone may have eaten in the Windjammer. Someone may have ordered room service. Someone may have slept through dinner.

There is just no one way of dressing on this ship, on any night or even any time of day.

:)

Hi Sascol-- Thanks for the info. Regarding formal, do you mean what we used to call formal? that would be Tuxedos or perhaps a dark suit? Or are a lot of folks wearing jackets and ties? Thanks again.

I would say 50/50. Specifically, in Grande, half of the men had on dark suits or a tux (tux by far the minimum though) and the other 50% in pants/sportcoat/maybe tie. I would not call the latter part of that formal but that seems to be what it is now.

Edited by Sascol

You will see everything and anything all throughout the ship every night of your cruise. You don't know where anyone else has eaten that night, and that's the only thing that "dictates" what you wear. (and of course, it really doesn't. ;) )

Someone may have eaten in the Grande. Someone may have eaten in the Windjammer. Someone may have ordered room service. Someone may have slept through dinner.

There is just no one way of dressing on this ship, on any night or even any time of day.

:)

Agree. My husband and I found it interesting that every night we saw people dressed in many styles. Because of the Grande (or for whatever reason), you will see some people "dressed fancily" every night and then others dressed casually every night.

Just enjoy!

When I found out there weren't any formal nights, I figured everyone would just end up wearing the same thing all day. I do enjoy dressing fashionably every night.

Thanks everyone for the responses, they really helped. :)