worried i selected the wrong line?

I usually cruise NCL because I like to relax on vacation,my travel agent is trying to talk me into anthem of the seas,i booked it but haven't closed the deal as of yet so im trying to find out about the attire at the complimentary restaurants,Im reading that smart casual is a jacket and tie,its just not going to happen,the agent told me that its only one restaurant the Grande that has that,im just looking to find out the truth,the Breakaway is going out the same time so any help will be appreciated so I can change my plans,Im not into buffet dining so if I cant eat at a sit down table im just not going that way,also I was told they don't have room service? Thank you for any help

I usually cruise NCL because I like to relax on vacation,my travel agent is trying to talk me into anthem of the seas,i booked it but haven't closed the deal as of yet so im trying to find out about the attire at the complimentary restaurants,Im reading that smart casual is a jacket and tie,its just not going to happen,the agent told me that its only one restaurant the Grande that has that,im just looking to find out the truth,the Breakaway is going out the same time so any help will be appreciated so I can change my plans,Im not into buffet dining so if I cant eat at a sit down table im just not going that way,also I was told they don't have room service? Thank you for any help

Go over to the Royal board and you will see that you have nothing to worry about. Dress for men is khakis and a polo, and some actually wear jeans or shorts. The grande does require jackets but that is the only one.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Go over to the Royal board and you will see that you have nothing to worry about. Dress for men is khakis and a polo, and some actually wear jeans or shorts. The grande does require jackets but that is the only one.

Oops, thought I was on a different page, you are in the correct spot.

I'm leaving on the Anthem next Monday. My last 2 cruises were NCL - Breakaway and Gem. I also am a fan of the casual dining and it is my understanding that the only restaurant requiring a jacket is Grande, as your agent told you. I'll be happy to report back upon my return. When do you need to "finalize" your trip?

I'm leaving on the Anthem next Monday. My last 2 cruises were NCL - Breakaway and Gem. I also am a fan of the casual dining and it is my understanding that the only restaurant requiring a jacket is Grande, as your agent told you. I'll be happy to report back upon my return. When do you need to "finalize" your trip?

We wont be going till april!I can hold off till you come back,LOL I hope you have a great time,the ship looks really nice with a lot to do on it.Im doing a 5 day to Bermuda to see if we like it and if we do in Oct we will do the 12 day Caribbean one,Hey see if they have Lobster!NCL got rid of it,I thought it was a bad move! Thanks and enjoy your trip.

I cruise both lines. You are never going to know if you like something unless you try it. I love a new ship so the anthem looks fun. You're vacation will be what you make it. Sometimes change can be good.

That's what I was thinking then I started to really think and maybe im screwing it up<LOL Thanks for the reality check!

You are reading the old dress suggestions. Smart Casual is now the old "casual." The only restaurant the requests jackets is Grande. Other than that, you can wear whatever you want except shorts and t-shirts to dinner (really only shorts). Here are the current dress suggestions from Royal Caribbean:

"Onboard Dress Code

Smart Casual: Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a blouse. Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a collared shirt.

Formal: Ladies: Cocktail dress or pantsuit. Gentlemen: Suit (black tie is optional)

Note: Swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurants or specialty restaurants. T-shirts, shorts and flip-flops are acceptable for lunch.

Note: Smart Casual is allowed on Boarding Day at The Grande Restaurant (should only be included where we are speaking about The Grande)"

You'll have no problem going into restaurant...just no shorts....

I've cruised NCL tons of time and I dress the same way in NCL's MDR and RCL's MDR, with the exception of formal night. I've done RCL cruises where I didn't bring a suite. On those nights, I just go to the buffet or specialty restaurant.

I am sitting on the Anthem replying to you right now.

Only the Grande (of the four standard complimentary restaurants) is considered "formal" and that's a pretty flexible term these days. They ask that men wear a jacket, and as stated above, will provide you with one if you don't have one.

In the other restaurants, just don't wear shorts and don't be a slob, and you will be fine. (and please don't wear a cap inside! ;) )

If you want to eat at the Chef's Table or Prime Table, you *should* be prepared to dress up.

Relax. Clothing should not be an issue for you on the Anthem of the Seas.

:)

I have been on Breakaway and going on anthem next month. I think the dress should be similar, and I suspect you will enjoy it. That being said, your TA should be listening to you more than pushing what they want you to do. Your first two sentences had me thinking "maybe find a new TA"

If you want to eat in the Grande without a jacket, do it the first night when the jacket requirement is waived.

RCL has a room service charge between midnight and 5am of $4.95 or $5.95. Otherwise room service is complimentary, but tipping is suggested.

Many many free choices for breakfast, lunch, and dinner plus specialty pay restaurants. There is no lack of food!

The Anthem does not have a formal night. Instead they have a formal restaurant. If you want to dress up, you go to the formal restaurant. If you want to wear jeans, and a polo, go to the many others. Dinner you are expected to wear pants, polo and better, and sneakers or better. Personally, I don't understand what difference it makes in the sentence of relaxing? A jacket and tie is not uncomfortable if the right size. On this ship, I would chose not to go to the Grande, if I was flying but if I'm driving, I would pack it just for the experience.

If you want to eat in the Grande without a jacket, do it the first night when the jacket requirement is waived.

RCL has a room service charge between midnight and 5am of $4.95 or $5.95. Otherwise room service is complimentary, but tipping is suggested.

Many many free choices for breakfast, lunch, and dinner plus specialty pay restaurants. There is no lack of food!

Regarding room service on Anthem, I thought the Quantum ships were experimenting with for fee items. Some free, but more for a fee (not including the late night surcharge). Haven't noticed this in a recent review however. Can anyone confirm for sure?

Keep in mind, the dress "code" is more like a suggestion. More times than not, you aren't going to be turned away as long as your shirt has sleeves, you have on something below that isn't a swimsuit (yes, shorts will get a pass most of the time) and you are wearing something that covers your feet (in case there's a spill, they want shoes instead of sandals in case of glass)

I wouldn't let the dress code turn you away from the Anthem

Regarding room service on Anthem, I thought the Quantum ships were experimenting with for fee items. Some free, but more for a fee (not including the late night surcharge). Haven't noticed this in a recent review however. Can anyone confirm for sure?

When we were on the anthem there was a charge for hot breakfast items. There was also complimentary items for lunch and dinner but also several items for an extra charge. We loved the ship and had a great time. :)

When we were on the anthem there was a charge for hot breakfast items. There was also complimentary items for lunch and dinner but also several items for an extra charge. We loved the ship and had a great time. :)

Thank you. Considering the room service charge of $7.95 on NCL is 24/7, this shouldn't be much of a shock to the OP.

Guest maddycat
I really think that you should look at Celebrity, they are, it seems more, service oriented, and RC is more fun, big shows etc. Both are good, but Celebrity is more relaxing.

Celebrity is also more formal..........dress codes are enforced.