Are Platinum's still getting the chocolate covered strawberries?

crusinpsychRN

DW is allergic to strawberries, so even if we get them, they are immediately taken out of the cabin and placed in the hall. Such a waste of money. CCL, should provide options or an opt out feature to avoid the waste.

Last year on the Sunshine we received only one plate. Both of us are platinum and have always gotten one plate each. When I asked about it at guest services I was told that it is policy for only one plate when 2 platinums are in one cabin. I had never had this happen before. Granted I was going to give one plate to my husband's sister in another cabin---but----if both are platinum both should receive the plates. We both got the gifts and pins.

DW is allergic to strawberries, so even if we get them, they are immediately taken out of the cabin and placed in the hall. Such a waste of money. CCL, should provide options or an opt out feature to avoid the waste.

You can always let them know at guest services if you don't want the strawberries. They might even give you something else.

Last year on the Sunshine we received only one plate. Both of us are platinum and have always gotten one plate each. When I asked about it at guest services I was told that it is policy for only one plate when 2 platinums are in one cabin. I had never had this happen before. Granted I was going to give one plate to my husband's sister in another cabin---but----if both are platinum both should receive the plates. We both got the gifts and pins.

That's not the policy. Two Plats = two plates. But, IMO not worth the time to complain.

I work in the grocery business. Major shortage in strawberries available for sale in our area. Perhaps this is the reason for just one plate per room. DH and I will both be platinum on our next sailing, I would be rather put out if we only got one plate between us.

We have always got one plate for the two of us which is just fine, that way we only have to give the one uneaten plate back to the steward the next morning.

Interesting. I wonder if it's because I'm traveling with my domestic partner (20 years) separate last names, two males, both Platinum. Either way, it is one choc. strawberry plate, bottle water, pin, gift, drink coupon, etc. per Platnum. If you didn't get two of them, you have every right to ask for the second one.

We took four cruises last year (2015) and were on a B2B on the Breeze over the last two weeks this month and received the plates (one for each of us) every single cruise. There were no strawberries the last two weeks, but that is probably due to the scarcity of that fruit right now. Every other time we had them and they were big and juicy.

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise