Cabin Electricity

Hi all,

I read in another review (can't remember which one it was) that you must put your room key in a slot in the room for the electricity (lights and A/C) to run. Can anyone verify this? Would any card with a magnetic strip work? Like an old gift card or the like?

Thanks in advance! :)

Yes, like modern hotels they require the card in to operate supplies, so when you leave they automatically turn off.

I haven't tried a substitute though would expect them not to work in the same way only current cards will let you in. Also note that all Quantum class ids are chip based rather than stripe based.

Hi all,

I read in another review (can't remember which one it was) that you must put your room key in a slot in the room for the electricity (lights and A/C) to run. Can anyone verify this? Would any card with a magnetic strip work? Like an old gift card or the like?

Thanks in advance! :)

We used an old room key card from Universal Studios and it worked. We left it in for the entire cruise.

Currently on Anthem and we have a business card in the slot. Our Cabin Attendant twice, has lifted the card which disabled the micro switch. Once I realized he did it, I advised him to please leave the card alone and he complied.

Hi, Linda! ;)