John Heald Announcement

molme

Mayport on the ocean. Bitter struggle between land developers ( Bush Pals) who want to make ocean front condos out of it...............and city and people who want a port

Obama was here......promised money to dredge as that has to be done for huge ships

Jax huge port. Getting port ready and dredging St. John's to make way for new Panama

Canal ships.

Lots of stuff going on out there. SIL works in logistics for CEVA out there........

Big money being spent

Big write ups in the local paper. which alas, I did not read

Big politicians out there making speeches

SOMETHING big going on

Unless they are going to announce a new port and Vista's sister due out in 2018 will port there. Although I will not be surprised when we are told it will be going to China.

I would also not be surprised it see the Vista's sister ship pick up the China route. We have been reading that Carnival is interested in expanding into that area and much like the Vista doing Europe, the sister ship could very well head to China.

My two cents...

:)

I'm booked on the last 2 Meds and the TA and I think the announcement will involve port changes for the Vista sailings. If Carnival follows what other cruise lines have already announced, then at least Izmir will be cancelled and (I hope) another port substituted for it - maybe Dubrovnik or Kotor. Both would be fine with me.

The Vista is most definitely not going to Jacksonville.

Heald has been known to really hype announcements. It's likely to be announced that a company in Jacksonville will be installing the toilets on the Vista. How "exciting"!

Here I was thinking the announcement was going to be that the door knob screws have arrived and you're thinking its the toilets? If that's the case there will be a laser show that Pink Floyd's set designer would envy and steaks as thick as cinder blocks served! :D

I too think it will be something on the lines of Vista is coming along as planned and will be ready in April. If there was truly something earth shattering news wise there'd be trial balloons being released to test the waters (no pun intended) as to the impact of the news.

In all seriousness, I really like John Heald and appreciate his FB posts and information.

This announcement is likely replacement ports for Izmir or to announce Vista is headed to sea! Her sea trials begin this month and there are only a few days remaining in the month. Or perhaps a completely new Vista concept we've not yet been told about.

However he does have a history of announcing a big announcement and than it turns out to be very hum hum. Nothing wrong with good nature goofing around with him.

A lot of hyped announcements always seem to be let downs though not just cruise ones :)

I was pondering on the Vista forum that the announcement from Jacksonville may be from there becauses hes boarding a ship there. Jimbo informed me JH wanted to sail small ships so it makes one wonder.

After research found out the ship is the Fascination.

From his FB page:

As I mentioned in a previous post I will be heading to Jacksonville tomorrow where on Thursday I will be joined by our President Christine Duffy and a gaggle of beards and press

Now apparently some of you are speculating what we will be announcing and while I cannot tell you what I can tell you what it is not

The Carnival Vista will not be sailing from Jacksonville. While we love the port and love sailing our ships from there, the bridge the ships have to sail under poses the same concerns as me squeezing my flaccid thighs into a pair of skinny jeans with no Xs on the label .

It's going to be a fun announcement though for sure. Stay tuned

Cheers

From his FB page:

As I mentioned in a previous post I will be heading to Jacksonville tomorrow where on Thursday I will be joined by our President Christine Duffy and a gaggle of beards and press

Now apparently some of you are speculating what we will be announcing and while I cannot tell you what I can tell you what it is not

The Carnival Vista will not be sailing from Jacksonville. While we love the port and love sailing our ships from there, the bridge the ships have to sail under poses the same concerns as me squeezing my flaccid thighs into a pair of skinny jeans with no Xs on the label .

Cheers

"my Speculation" Will have to do with a new unannounced feature on Vista which is made by a company in jax. may also have to do with the new commercial.

Edited by kybluecruiser

A lot of hyped announcements always seem to be let downs though not just cruise ones :)

I was pondering on the Vista forum that the announcement from Jacksonville may be from there becauses hes boarding a ship there. Jimbo informed me JH wanted to sail small ships so it makes one wonder.

After research found out the ship is the Fascination.

Could be.

"my Speculation" Will have to do with a new unannounced feature on Vista which is made by a company in jax. may also have to do with the new commercial.

Hopefully not an ejector pod, merry go round or bumper cars.

He has said it is NOT the Vista

"As I mentioned in a previous post I will be heading to Jacksonville tomorrow where on Thursday I will be joined by our President Christine Duffy and a gaggle of beards and press

Cheers"

Edited by Fogfog

He has said it is NOT the Vista

"As I mentioned in a previous post I will be heading to Jacksonville tomorrow where on Thursday I will be joined by our President Christine Duffy and a gaggle of beards and press

Cheers"

:D That's awesome.