NCL Getaway in Europe summer 2017, woohoo!!

FreestyleNovice

I really don't know what to make of this.

I see the Getaway as a ship to spend some time on. There is so much to do on the ship.

Meanwhile, the Baltics run is a port intensive itinerary with busy days and tired passengers.

Maybe they shall attract passengers from Denmark, southern Sweden and northern Germany which will spend lots of time on the ship and don't really care about the ports?

I should love if NCL put a ship in Stockholm for cruises on the Baltic sea. I don't care about the ports but should love to spend time on the ship and also I could bring friends and relatives which shouldn't take a cruise far away.

This is very exciting!!! IF Getaway does the 14 day Fjords and Iceland which Star does every fall, count me in! Hope I will be able to do Getaway and Jade in 2017.

This is a very smart move NCL, and I'm sure a lot of Europeans and Scandinavians will be interested.

FINALLY, the depolyment I've been dreaming of for years! :D:D

This is very exciting!!! IF Getaway does the 14 day Fjords and Iceland which Star does every fall, count me in! Hope I will be able to do Getaway and Jade in 2017.

This is a very smart move NCL, and I'm sure a lot of Europeans and Scandinavians will be interested.

As I understand it, the Getaway is just doing the Baltics. The Fjords etc will be on the Jade.

Still a lot to learn about those Jade itineraries isn't there. Hopefully someone will have the cruise by cruise details soon. And prices. :)

Totally agree but for me, that's part of the fun :p

I love researching new cruises and it seems like there's a lot of potential with these new itineraries. Would love to visit UK again as part of another cruise .. more exploring.

;)

Anyone know what the "Norwegian Edge" is?

Some new standards of excellence...what does that mean?

(Do we get all the stuff back that was taken away from NCL cruisers or things will just cost more under the guise of excellence?)

Safe cruising all! :)

(Do we get all the stuff back that was taken away from NCL cruisers or things will just cost more under the guise of excellence?)

I thought it was the ship formerly known as the Bliss, but the name doesn't sound Chinese.:D

https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-unveils-norwegian-edge

$400 million fleet enhancement, essentially. But improvements to GSC and dining, too.

I can see all the excitement for the big ship in Europe, however, that huge thing will dwarf the ports and will the experience be as nice in Tallin or Warnemunde; 2 fairly small towns with unique 'flair'. I think they will be overwhelmed by passengers.

Certainly not more than every other caribbean island.

We were on the Gem during refurbishment while sailing in 2014, and before and after dryadic in 2015. Amazing changes in public areas. One criticism is though they moved Moderno from deck #8 to #13, next to Cagney's, with new carpets, furniture, drapes, etc., they then redid it all over again after dry dock. Seems a huge waste of $, as the first design was beautiful.

Another problem: suite passengers no longer have capacity to make cappuccino in their cabins. Replaced Lavazzo machines with simple N'Espresso machines that only make black coffee, expresso & tea. That was a HUGE perk I'll miss, as it was only thing that got me up in the early AM :(

Re the 2017 European itinerary, we're disappointed that the 14-day Northern European cruise doesn't depart again from Copenhagen. Had it all lined up to stay with friends there and take the cruise on the Star Sept. 22nd. Argh!!!

I can see all the excitement for the big ship in Europe, however, that huge thing will dwarf the ports and will the experience be as nice in Tallin or Warnemunde; 2 fairly small towns with unique 'flair'. I think they will be overwhelmed by passengers.

Warnemunde cruise port and Tallinn cruise port. Both already get some big ship's share I think.

https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-unveils-norwegian-edge

$400 million fleet enhancement, essentially. But improvements to GSC and dining, too.

OK, thanks I had not seen this press release.

This seems really subjective on what improvements are.

I was hoping for a better customer service initiative, across the company.

So far have not really seen much NCL improvement at all; I have cruised on the Escape and I am not just talking about the service. JMHO. :)

More than just Europeans! This American has been dreaming of this, with a family of 5, a family ocean view is hopefully in our budget to allow us to take the kids and tour Europe! The 2 bedroom suites and other configurations have been cost prohibitive for this adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More than just Europeans! This American has been dreaming of this, with a family of 5, a family ocean view is hopefully in our budget to allow us to take the kids and tour Europe! The 2 bedroom suites and other configurations have been cost prohibitive for this adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getaway will only sail the Baltic route, unfortunately. More news and bookable next Feb.

Was hoping the same, doing the fjords/North Cape on Getaway would be awesome. Size wise it wouldn't be a problem as QM2 also does the fjords. But no.. :o

Be aware that the northern Europe routes on the older ships always have been higher priced than the 7 day Med routes on i.e. Epic, as mentioned before by Keith in this thread. Epic is presumably still the cheapest way to see Europe by ship in 2017.