Norwegian Cruise Line to Move Getaway to Europe, Jade to U.K.

LauraS

Does anyone know if the current offers (free drinks package etc) apply to the getaway ta if travelling in a studio cabin?

Don't know about the TA specifically, but I booked a Studio last night for the regular Baltic itinerary, and I was eligible for one offer. Maybe you can do a mock booking to see if it's available on the TA?

Looking at the latest on the UK site, the Jade is showing as doing two consecutive 9 nighters in early June 17 that have Southampton stops on 11 and 20 June on Hamburg-Hamburg trips. In theory that would meant that NCL could offer a Southampton-Southampton trip if they wanted to like they are doing the West Med with Barcelona, Rome and Marseille. At least that would mean doing something like they said they would in their early press releases. Assuming they care not to look like they were telling porkies in them.

I suppose we could do the one starting on 11 June and turn it into a 7-nighter by legging it off the ship in Southampton on 18 June. We would only be missing out on the equivalent of a cross-channel ferry trip for the pleasure of flying back across the channel to London.:(

I am having some difficulty trying to see what on earth they are thinking with those eight cruises drifting up and down the Channel through the summer with the Jade. Maybe they expect to make them full of Americans willing to do those long land trips to visit the capitals that are all well inland. Can't see many Europeans bothering with such crazy cruises.:confused:

Edited by old nutter
Some more odd thougts

Looking at the latest on the UK site, the Jade is showing as doing two consecutive 9 nighters in early June 17 that have Southampton stops on 11 and 20 June on Hamburg-Hamburg trips. In theory that would meant that NCL could offer a Southampton-Southampton trip if they wanted to like they are doing the West Med with Barcelona, Rome and Marseille. At least that would mean doing something like they said they would in their early press releases. Assuming they care not to look like they were telling porkies in them.

I suppose we could do the one starting on 11 June and turn it into a 7-nighter by legging it off the ship in Southampton on 18 June. We would only be missing out on the equivalent of a cross-channel ferry trip for the pleasure of flying back across the channel to London.:(

The problem with your plan is that you will end up paying for the 9nights but only using 7. It will make it expensive. That's what I am struggling with in August.

However, the good news for you is that I think they will offer the Southampton round trip on your dates. I suspect that they just haven't been loaded up yet.

The problem with your plan is that you will end up paying for the 9nights but only using 7. It will make it expensive. That's what I am struggling with in August.

However, the good news for you is that I think they will offer the Southampton round trip on your dates. I suspect that they just haven't been loaded up yet.

True Kieth, but we would be offsetting that loss against the pointless air fare back to London, so we would save about £100-150 each on that cost. And we would only miss one sea day actually awake and two nights drifting up the Channel/North Sea to Hamburg. Plus we would be spared a wasted port day in Southampton because there is no way we would want to be bothered travelling all that way up to and back from London to be around 40 miles from home anyway, so we would only be sunbathing onboard the ship - assuming the sun shines that day:). It is beginning to almost look an attractive proposition the more I think about it.

You are right about possibly the web uploading. Maybe they will add a realistic UK option for Norway - hope so.

HI all!

Thanks so much for the info on ports in Sweden.:D

Gingercruiser ~ I don't know about the TA but I did get one option on the studio Baltic cruise. I chose the internet package since I'll be away from DH & kids. I found the food to be really good on Getaway when I took it from Miami & I don't drink enough to take the beverage package.;)

~ Jo ~ :)

True Kieth, but we would be offsetting that loss against the pointless air fare back to London, so we would save about £100-150 each on that cost. And we would only miss one sea day actually awake and two nights drifting up the Channel/North Sea to Hamburg. Plus we would be spared a wasted port day in Southampton because there is no way we would want to be bothered travelling all that way up to and back from London to be around 40 miles from home anyway, so we would only be sunbathing onboard the ship - assuming the sun shines that day:). It is beginning to almost look an attractive proposition the more I think about it.

You are right about possibly the web uploading. Maybe they will add a realistic UK option for Norway - hope so.

They will be adding 2nd and 11th June 9nt Fjord cruises but looks like due to that Southampton reverse itinerary nothing in August from Southampton. The July ones to the nth cape were always stated from Hamburg only..

I am having some difficulty trying to see what on earth they are thinking with those eight cruises drifting up and down the Channel through the summer with the Jade. Maybe they expect to make them full of Americans willing to do those long land trips to visit the capitals that are all well inland. Can't see many Europeans bothering with such crazy cruises.:confused:

This

At the moment the cruise fare is not very interesting but in case you are correct and most Europeans won't bother with those I am happy to fill the ship after some discounts :D

Taken a very early plunge for me and booked 9 night Norway trip ex Southampton that also visits Hamburg. Booked outside cabin on deck 5 and got speciality dining and the drinks package. Good package so even if price drops won't be to badly off. Only stupid thing is drinks package does not cover speciality coffee. Totally daft as the latte I would drink is far cheaper than a cocktail. Perhaps NCL will change policy on this?

• 2 weeks later...
I am wondering if the Getaway will be returning to FL in October 2017. I want to be on that transatlantic. There is so much to do on the ship and we could tour Europe beforehand, either on a ship or by rail.

I would think it would return in Nov. I am booked on the transatlantic in May 2017. Will post a review when we return. Should be an exciting trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app