Norwegian Cruise Line to Move Getaway to Europe, Jade to U.K.

LauraS

As much as I like sailing NCL, their IT operation sucks, as usual. Most of the fall dates are listed as a "variation." The "variation" consists of Stockholm being blank. So, what does this mean? Did they decide to drop Stockholm from half the sailings? Do I go on a less desirable date so I can visit Stockholm? Will Stockholm be loaded later and this is just an IT issue?

Ridiculous. I guess I will have to wait for the dust to settle before I book.

The variations look like alterations of the ports for Berlin (Rostock or Warnemunde) and Stockholm or Nynashamn.

I find logging into your Latitudes account gets around the geo-redirect.

I noticed on the US site today that no Jade cruises for July 2017 came up - already sold out?:eek:

Those are the ones that only sail from Hamburg to the north cape so if you searched for Southampton ones they won't be there..

The variations look like alterations of the ports for Berlin (Rostock or Warnemunde) and Stockholm or Nynashamn.

I wondered about Stockholm.

I would recommend avoiding any cruise which stops at Nynashamn. Not only is it a comparatively long journey into the city, but you miss the sail through the Archipelago which is one of the highlights of a Baltic Cruise.

I find logging into your Latitudes account gets around the geo-redirect.

I noticed on the US site today that no Jade cruises for July 2017 came up - already sold out?:eek:

I was just looking at Jade pricing for the Norwegian Fjords cruises on the US site, so they are there.

I wondered about Stockholm.

I would recommend avoiding any cruise which stops at Nynashamn. Not only is it a comparatively long journey into the city, but you miss the sail through the Archipelago which is one of the highlights of a Baltic Cruise.

I owe NCL an apology, as the dust settled quickly. I'm booked on the mid September variation. Now you have me wondering.

It seems not, no. I was looking at an August one.

Was up briefly around 4 pm ET, but, couldn't complete a booking. I did grab this pricing info.

Jul 04 - 16, 2017

TUE - SUN

Inside

from $1,699

Oceanview

from $2,349

Balcony

from $2,899

Mini-Suite

from $3,399

Suite

from $4,599

The Haven

from $5,549

Jul 16 - 30, 2017

SUN - SUN

Inside

from $1,799

Oceanview

from $2,549

Balcony

from $3,099

Mini-Suite

from $3,599

Suite

from $4,799

The Haven

from $5,749

Jul 30 - Aug 09, 2017

SUN - WED

Inside

from $1,299

Oceanview

from $1,499

Balcony

from $2,099

Mini-Suite

from $2,599

Suite

from $3,799

The Haven

from $4,749

I see they've blocked US passengers booking from Southampton as well.. Who knows what goes on in NCLs heads.. Can only guess they are reserving the Hamburg July runs for initial German release, Southampton for UK release..

Okay, now I'm confused.

This is the Jade portion of the European press release from January:

Norwegian Jade will arrive in Europe looking resplendent after a 2,5-week dry dock and begin her regular cruises from Hamburg on May 14, 2017 with a series of 7-night Western Europe itineraries visiting Amsterdam, Zeebrugge (Brussels/Bruges), Le Havre (Paris) and Southampton (London), offered from May 14 to 28 and from August 19 to September 23, 2017. A longer Western Europe itinerary of 9 nights is offered on September 30 and October 9, 2017 with additional stops in Portland and Brest. In addition there will be two 9-night cruises to the Norwegian Fjords on June 4 and 13, 2017 with stops in Ålesund, Hellesylt, Geiranger, Flåm and Bergen as well as Southampton (London), along with two 10-night Norwegian Fjords cruises on July 30 and August 9, 2017 which will also include a visit to the Orkney Islands. On June 22 and July 4, 2017, Norwegian Jade departs Hamburg for two 12-night cruises to the North Cape including numerous highlights along Norway’s West Coast and on July 16, 2017 guests can experience a 14-night cruise visiting Bergen, Ålesund, the Shetland Islands, Akureyri and Reykjavik (overnight) in Iceland, the Orkney Islands as well as Invergordon (Inverness) and Newhaven (Edinburgh) in Scotland.

Although all of these cruises are not on the site, I was able to book them by calling NCL directly. I know for sure that the 9 and 10 night cruises are embarking and disembarking at Hamburg. Which one is embarking/disembarking from Southampton? I would prefer to start/end in Southampton, but did not believe that was an option.

Although all of these cruises are not on the site, I was able to book them by calling NCL directly. I know for sure that the 9 and 10 night cruises are embarking and disembarking at Hamburg. Which one is embarking/disembarking from Southampton? I would prefer to start/end in Southampton, but did not believe that was an option.

Basically, if a cruise goes through Southampton then embarking there seems to be an option.

In effect it is all of the Mainland Europe and Norwegian Fjords cruises. The one that goes to Iceland doesn't go through Southampton and I think the North Cape one may not as well.

Actually, I assume that the last visit to Southampton before the 12-14 day trips probably won't allow embarkation there as it doesn't return back to Southampton for disembarkation on that cruise.

If you can get on the UK site then the press release there has the info.

Basically, if a cruise goes through Southampton then embarking there seems to be an option.

In effect it is all of the Mainland Europe and Norwegian Fjords cruises. The one that goes to Iceland doesn't go through Southampton and I think the North Cape one may not as well.

Actually, I assume that the last visit to Southampton before the 12-14 day trips probably won't allow embarkation there as it doesn't return back to Southampton for disembarkation on that cruise.

Found it: http://www.ncl.co.uk/summer-2017-europe/

Thank you!

Edited by ireashmott

So I called and they said they currently aren't able to sell me the Southampton get on/get off option as it isn't in their system. Maybe next week?

Adding the itin details at 7 PM ET. Still can't complete a booking online.

Jul 04 - 16, 2017

TUE - SUN

EMBARK Hamburg (Germany); Geiranger (Norway); Hellesylt (Norway); Trondheim (Norway); Leknes, Lofoten Islands (Norway); Tromso (Norway); Honningsvaag (Norway); Alesund (Norway); Bergen (Norway); DISEMBARK Hamburg (Germany)

Starting From $1,699 USD

Inside

from $1,699

Oceanview

from $2,349

Balcony

from $2,899

Mini-Suite

from $3,399

Suite

from $4,599

The Haven

from $5,549

Jul 16 - 30, 2017

SUN - SUN

EMBARK Hamburg (Germany); ; Bergen (Norway); Lerwick, Shetland Islands (Scotland); Reykjavik (Iceland); ; Kirkwall (Orkney Isles); Inverness (Invergordon) (Scotland); ; DISEMBARK Hamburg (Germany)

Inside

from $1,799

Oceanview

from $2,549

Balcony

from $3,099

Mini-Suite

from $3,599

Suite

from $4,799

The Haven

from $5,749

Jul 30 - Aug 09, 2017

SUN - WED

EMBARK Hamburg (Germany); Southampton (London) (England); Stavanger (Norway); Bergen (Norway); Flam (Norway); Geiranger (Norway); Hellesylt (Norway); ; DISEMBARK Hamburg (Germany)

Inside

from $1,299

Oceanview

from $1,499

Balcony

from $2,099

Mini-Suite

from $2,599

Suite

from $3,799

The Haven

from $4,749

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

So some, but not all, of the announced Jade cruises with Southampton as the home port are up on NCL.com this morning. They are oddly still not posting the Jade cruises on the UK site.

I'm still waiting for the fjord cruise with the Southampton home port.

Edited by ireashmott

The NCL UK web site is a disgrace to the world of IT. Some of the Jade cruises later this year (September ones in particular) don't even show up when you do a search for Jade European cruises, but they do if you do a search on some different and wider searches, if you can be bother to wade through all of the irrelevances.

Don't forget that UK schools are on their half-term holidays, so the 4 and 5 year olds who they usually seem to us to do the updates will be at home this week. Mind you, 4 and 5 year olds would probably get things more correct more often. If it is updated in Miami, they are probably still suffering code pain from the various mess ups with the Jade (and others) last year. Maybe the database engines are getting their own back? Who knows? We might eventually get to know what the ship is doing a bit before they become "Last Minute Deals"!

On the NCL.co.uk website I can find the Jade Transatlantic from Tampa in April 2017 if I change the 'country' to Germany, or to Continental Europe and it is priced in Euros. Why the heck is it not shown in GBP for us Brits?? Totally useless.....

On the NCL.co.uk website I can find the Jade Transatlantic from Tampa in April 2017 if I change the 'country' to Germany, or to Continental Europe and it is priced in Euros. Why the heck is it not shown in GBP for us Brits?? Totally useless.....

So join the union already:D