Norwegian Cruise Line to Move Getaway to Europe, Jade to U.K.

LauraS

Well they've just loaded Epic's European dates on NCL.co.uk . The Apr 1st 13nt Eastbound TA looks a good bargain

I couldn't help noticing the first cruise it's doing after that. 9 night Canary Isles on the 14th of April.

I had a 10 night Canary Isles on the Epic on the 13th of April booked previously, but it was one that got cancelled and transferred to the Spirit at the other end of the Med. :)

I'm actually happy with what I've ended up with, but what a mess they've made of it all haven't they. :)

I couldn't help noticing the first cruise it's doing after that. 9 night Canary Isles on the 14th of April.

I had a 10 night Canary Isles on the Epic on the 13th of April booked previously, but it was one that got cancelled and transferred to the Spirit at the other end of the Med. :)

I'm actually happy with what I've ended up with, but what a mess they've made of it all haven't they. :)

Yeah, noticed that.. Also noted the last one for Epic doesn't finish until 5th Nov so unless it's going to be a late TA Epic will be over-wintering in Europe 2017/18.

I'm bummed!

I am booked on the Star this summer for a baltic cruise....already booked airfare....I would have switched to the escape in a second.

I even looked at pricing to see if any difference so early to offset airfare change:o

Not listed on site yet:roll eyes:

Oh well....I"m sure the Star is fine....but Getaway looks Amazing!!!

Kerri

No joy yet on NCL.eu, one hour after midnight but I guess they will be loaded manually on to the site versus being queued for midnight.

Btw, has someone has more info on that new port..

From what Craig said earlier, we have to wait for Miami to wake up.

I don't expect anything to happen today in time for bookings to happen to be honest.

I'm confused. They can't be sending both ships to the Baltics, can they? I've been on both now and have to say that the typical TA and Baltic person may enjoy the Star just as much. Both the Getaway and Star are missing some of my favorite features: the forward observation lounge and tables outside for eating near the pool. I doubt all the bells and whistles on the pool and sports deck of the Getaway will be used much as they tend to be geared to the youth.

I'm confused. They can't be sending both ships to the Baltics, can they? I've been on both now and have to say that the typical TA and Baltic person may enjoy the Star just as much. Both the Getaway and Star are missing some of my favorite features: the forward observation lounge and tables outside for eating near the pool. I doubt all the bells and whistles on the pool and sports deck of the Getaway will be used much as they tend to be geared to the youth.

Star won't be in the Baltic in 2017, she will be in 2016 and head to Asia in fall/winter 2016. She will be back in the Med in spring 2017 as far as I know.

I'm confused.

Just the Getaway is going to be in the Baltics.

The Jade is doing Norwegian Fjords etc cruises that the Star used to do as a break from the Baltics. It's also doing some Northern Mainland Europe cruises.

The Star is taking over the cruises that the Jade used to do in the Med, and isn't going North any more.

I assume that they are using the Jade in the North as it is easier for it to get there from the US than it is for the Star from Asia. It cuts out a few weeks extra transit time.

Finally the Getaway and the Jade itineraries were up this morning. We booked a Jade Norway Fjords cruise for the summer of 2017! Several suites were already booked, so I suspect the rumour someone posted about a German invite-only booking occurring last week was true.

As much as I like sailing NCL, their IT operation sucks, as usual. Most of the fall dates are listed as a "variation." The "variation" consists of Stockholm being blank. So, what does this mean? Did they decide to drop Stockholm from half the sailings? Do I go on a less desirable date so I can visit Stockholm? Will Stockholm be loaded later and this is just an IT issue?

Ridiculous. I guess I will have to wait for the dust to settle before I book.

I don't feel that it's just NCL that has these issues when first introducing their new itineraries. I've had similar situations when booking RCL and Carnival. RCL they had all their port/tax fees wrong and Carnival kept going down when they did the British Isles a few years ago. Not that I'm stick up for NCL but it does happen to the other lines as well.

Just looking at the US pricing for the Getaway and it looks like the price is pretty similar to the Star this year.

I'd love to jump on the Getaway to do the Baltics again in a few years (assuming it's still there), but the price is quite high to justify for a cruise which would be largely for the ship. Not enough to rule it out, but quite high.

Just looking at the US pricing for the Getaway and it looks like the price is pretty similar to the Star this year.

I'd love to jump on the Getaway to do the Baltics again in a few years (assuming it's still there), but the price is quite high to justify for a cruise which would be largely for the ship. Not enough to rule it out, but quite high.

For me it would give me the option for a studio as Star was just so expensive double priced. I'll try the .com site now if I remember how to get around the geo-redirect

For me it would give me the option for a studio as Star was just so expensive double priced. I'll try the .com site now if I remember how to get around the geo-redirect

Yes, it will certainly be better for solos. To be honest, the Baltics are worth doing anyway. I'm thinking more of return trips, like we have done on the Epic.

For us, at £2,500 for 7 nights on Eric or £3,800 for 9 nights on the Getaway, it's difficult to justify the latter.

I get round the redirect by searching "Norwegian getaway deck plans" and then clicking on the find a cruise button when there.