Eat Drink Play promotion for All Oasis ships

I just got an email that is stating if you book a Neighborhood balcony room you get complimentary amenities.

For Central park rooms you get: Lunch for 2 at Giovannis, A bottle of red wine, and private gaming lesson.

For Boardwalk rooms you get: 4 meal at Johnny Rockets, 2 soft drink packages and private rock wall time for the family.

States this is for sailing beginning in November 2016 on OA Class Ships.

Thought you guys might want to know.

Looks like RCCL is trying to make the inside balconies more of a draw so they can charge more for them.

I wonder if you book a guaranteed inside balcony, if you get Central Park and do not drink, can you swap the wine for soda?

Also, a bottle of wine probably lowers revenue by $30 or so. OTOH free soda for two people costs over $100. That is interesting....

Of course soda is a lot cheaper than that, but that is the retail price.

Does anyone know if this applies to cruises already booked or just future bookings?

Also- wondering if this is interchangeable. We are in a park view, but have the kids with us so Johnny Rockets and pop is a better option for us than Giovanni's and wine.

Hmmm. Will have to inquire. If anyone knows anymore please share! :)

It is what you get for staying in these rooms come November 2016. It is a perk, it also had information about the suite amenities if you have one of those.

Do not have to worry with booking under a certain program, if you sail in these type of rooms this is what you get come November. I do not believe you can sub out the items from one neighborhood amenity to another. You have to consider which one is more valuable and what area of the ship you want to be on and consider your options.

I like the fact the RCCL is at least trying to offer new amenities to people that are not in suites. I did not see any difference in my price as compared to what it was last week.

Of course they will be some that think that ocean view balcony are being left out, but I think this is all about the people not booking those rooms as fast as the Oceanview rooms so they are offering an incentive. The Oasis class is usually always offering Inside Balcony deal I think it is the (X) cat. when booking.

Just got off the phone with Royal, said as of right now this promo is set to last throughout 2017 and that it is combinable with either C&A discount or $200 OBC per balcony. Also, you can "Mix & Match". I quoted 2 Central Park rooms and the rep said I could choose the Wine package for one and the Johnny Rockets package for the other room, since one room would be all minors.

I just got an email that is stating if you book a Neighborhood balcony room you get complimentary amenities.

For Central park rooms you get: Lunch for 2 at Giovannis, A bottle of red wine, and private gaming lesson.

For Boardwalk rooms you get: 4 meal at Johnny Rockets, 2 soft drink packages and private rock wall time for the family.

States this is for sailing beginning in November 2016 on OA Class Ships.

Thought you guys might want to know.

Is this part of the bogo promo or a stand alone.

I guess when they say "Soda Package" for Boardwalks they mean "Royal Refreshment Package"??

We don't drink much soda....

So.......no bottle water??

Nice of Royal to throw in some perks for this class of stateroom.

The link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/harmonyoftheseas/staterooms/?ecid=em_6887730&rid=758696528&emsc=RCIN_EM_CAS_NEWSJAN26_16_EA_US_CS&empf=Y&emct=GOLD&lnkid=T3_copy_Content

Edited by Beachammo

Does anyone know if this applies to cruises already booked or just future bookings?

Also- wondering if this is interchangeable. We are in a park view, but have the kids with us so Johnny Rockets and pop is a better option for us than Giovanni's and wine.

Hmmm. Will have to inquire. If anyone knows anymore please share! :)

Yes, wanting to know this also. Let us know if you find out first. We are booked March 2017 on Harmony. We actually have 2 Boardwalk booked. Wondering how that will work?? :)

Just got off the phone with Royal, said as of right now this promo is set to last throughout 2017 and that it is combinable with either C&A discount or $200 OBC per balcony. Also, you can "Mix & Match". I quoted 2 Central Park rooms and the rep said I could choose the Wine package for one and the Johnny Rockets package for the other room, since one room would be all minors.

For new bookings only?

It doesn't specify in the email that it's for new bookings only, might want to call and check, but a lot of the reps don't even know of this promotion yet with it just starting today. I just booked 2 cabins for the Feb 5th 2017 sailing of Allure and WAS able to mix & match between offers for Central Park & Boardwalk offers + 200 OBC per stateroom thru Royal + another $75 OBC from the TA!

I guess when they say "Soda Package" for Boardwalks they mean "Royal Refreshment Package"??

We don't drink much soda....

So.......no bottle water??

Nice of Royal to throw in some perks for this class of stateroom.

The link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/harmonyoftheseas/staterooms/?ecid=em_6887730&rid=758696528&emsc=RCIN_EM_CAS_NEWSJAN26_16_EA_US_CS&empf=Y&emct=GOLD&lnkid=T3_copy_Content

Thanks for providing the link. To me this is not a promotion, it is a perk for staying in these rooms. So no worries about when you booked or if it is combinable. Most likely they will have some sort of Coupon or Ticket in your room for your perks so you can redeem them. Except for the wine, I'm sure that will be just the standard St. Martin Merlot/Cab that is considered their house wine in the Dinning Rooms.

Thanks for providing the link. To me this is not a promotion, it is a perk for staying in these rooms. So no worries about when you booked or if it is combinable. Most likely they will have some sort of Coupon or Ticket in your room for your perks so you can redeem them. Except for the wine, I'm sure that will be just the standard St. Martin Merlot/Cab that is considered their house wine in the Dinning Rooms.

I hope you are right because we are booked for November but dealing with RCI for the last couple years I'll bet it's for new bookings only.

It would cost me about $250 more to get my booking refared.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

Bill

I hope you are right because we are booked for November but dealing with RCI for the last couple years I'll bet it's for new bookings only.

It would cost me about $250 more to get my booking refared.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

Bill

It is now on the Front Page of RCL website. They are calling it a Perk for staying in these rooms come November on, so it is not a promotion. You should be good to go.

Now people are saying they can Mix/Match what they want but that seems like a nightmare for either the crew on board on booking agent since it seems that would be a lot harder to keep up with who gets what based on what you want. We will find out in November I guess how that plays out as people will be getting what they want or bashing because they did not get what they were told but got what was advertised for that particular room type.

It is now on the Front Page of RCL website. They are calling it a Perk for staying in these rooms come November on, so it is not a promotion. You should be good to go.

Now people are saying they can Mix/Match what they want but that seems like a nightmare for either the crew on board on booking agent since it seems that would be a lot harder to keep up with who gets what based on what you want. We will find out in November I guess how that plays out as people will be getting what they want or bashing because they did not get what they were told but got what was advertised for that particular room type.

you were indeed correct. My travel agent called RCI today and they said there will be a voucher in your stateroom when we board the ship.

That's cool about the free soda packages and the free lunch or dinner at Johnny Rockets or jamies Italian.

I don't think Jamies Italian is on Allure or Oasis so that would be just for the Harmony which may have the obstructed views from the slides, or not. lol

Now will that juts cover the cover charge or will we be able to get a milk shake too?

Bill

Looks like RCCL is trying to make the inside balconies more of a draw so they can charge more for them.

I wonder if you book a guaranteed inside balcony, if you get Central Park and do not drink, can you swap the wine for soda?

Also, a bottle of wine probably lowers revenue by $30 or so. OTOH free soda for two people costs over $100. That is interesting....

Of course soda is a lot cheaper than that, but that is the retail price.

ttle of wine would be $3-4.00

The costs of a bottle of wine would be $3. to 4.00 for RCI! Sugar water is very

cheap! So revenue/profits would increase for RCI! It's a good deal for all!

For the dinner for four for Johnny Rockets, if you've only got two people in the room can you use it two separate times?

It's a brand new promotion that no one has used yet. These types of details won't be known until the promo is being used and folks start reporting back.

10 months away for a new benefit and the debates have already started how to manipulate it and squeeze out as much as possible......................:rolleyes:

Not really, people just want to know detail as to exactly what the perk is going to offer. Not unreasonable if it may sway you to book a different cabin to your original intended one.