Carnival Bottled Water

golfb4cruzing

I asked this on JH page but he only answers questions that cause his lemmings to riot. Does anyone have a pic of the label on the "Purified Water" they now sell onboard? Wondering who it's bottled by and what is added to the water. We are Spring Water people and of course got shut down over there. The simple solution would be to sell Spring Water as well with Carnival label.

Thanks for the help.

On the West Coast we received water 'Purified by osmosis, filtered and ozonated to ensure quality.'

Ice River Springs USA Inc

Source: Morgantown, NC municipal water.

Finally, we're getting east coast water.

Edited by SadieN

I asked this on JH page but he only answers questions that cause his lemmings to riot. Does anyone have a pic of the label on the "Purified Water" they now sell onboard? Wondering who it's bottled by and what is added to the water. We are Spring Water people and of course got shut down over there. The simple solution would be to sell Spring Water as well with Carnival label.

Thanks for the help.

My guess it that "Carnival Water" is probably bottled by a score of local kinds of companies and it's probably impossible to guarantee what water a particular ship will have on a given sailing.

... and lord knows .... if someone says something is one way or another on FB or CC and it turns out to be different the "sayer" is flamed like they intentionally hoodwinked everyone.

Edited by summersigh

Good question, yet it might not even be on the package. 7-Feb I'm on the Liberty. Now we prepaid for one of there 12 Pack cases. Which was $2.99 + gratuity and they will have it in our room when we get there. I will see if I can answer your question, I'm sure it's not Poland springs though.

On the West Coast we received water 'Purified by osmosis, filtered and ozonated to ensure quality.'

Ice River Springs USA Inc

Source: Morgantown, NC municipal water.

Finally, we're getting east coast water.

The bottles are probably all filled from some guy's garden hose in Morgantown, then the fancy "Ice River Springs" labels get slapped on. :rolleyes::D

Thanks everyone. You can't ask a simple over there with the KAN going all ballistic.

Can you blame them? I saw your replies and your comments about John. And since you follow his page you should've known he wasn't answering today. Hopefully he will see it and have some "special" water delivered to your room.

You can label water any way you want....it consists of H20....same thing..whether it's from a spring, or tap or pond or puddle.

I have a coworker who used to think like that. He had been going to the doctor for months with digestive problems. The finally narrowed it down to a time when he went hiking. In his words, "We were hiking up a mountain and got thirsty. There was a tree stump with green water in it so we drank it."

It's not the H2O this is the problem, it's all the other stuff in it. Aside from distilled water which is just H2O, water does need different labels to identify all the other chemicals, minerals, or other additives that might be present.

There seems to be as many water snobs as there are wine snobs...

I agree, and what makes it funny is that bottled water from the same brand can be sourced from many different city's tap water. Its certainly possible carnival bottled water could come from Mexico, the DR, Grand Turk or anywhere in the US. I would say that depending on the ship, it comes from different sources that are close to where carnival sails that ship. This is the same for most brands sold today, they come from different tap water depending on where it is sold.

I have a coworker who used to think like that. He had been going to the doctor for months with digestive problems. The finally narrowed it down to a time when he went hiking. In his words, "We were hiking up a mountain and got thirsty. There was a tree stump with green water in it so we drank it."

It's not the H2O this is the problem, it's all the other stuff in it. Aside from distilled water which is just H2O, water does need different labels to identify all the other chemicals, minerals, or other additives that might be present.

I'm more concerned with what additives are in that danged marinara sauce that seems to cover large numbers of items in the MDR ... :eek: :D :eek: :D

I agree, and what makes it funny is that bottled water from the same brand can be sourced from many different city's tap water. Its certainly possible carnival bottled water could come from Mexico, the DR, Grand Turk or anywhere in the US. I would say that depending on the ship, it comes from different sources that are close to where carnival sails that ship. This is the same for most brands sold today, they come from different tap water depending on where it is sold.

I don't know why people expect water to always taste identical. Water taste changes no matter what the source is, even going from town to town.

I bought soda at ports in the Caribbean that totally tasted different than American bottled soda, so it's the water source.