Internet

Jacob0525

Does anyone know if the Regal Princess has a weekly internet plan? I know a few of the cruise lines do. If Princess doesn't have an unlimited plan, then my son will just need to use his You Tube Red subscription for his iPad. With this subscription, you can watch any video offline. I will probably have to pull out the SIM card during the cruise just in case he gets any ideas. I've heard nightmare stories of cruisers having huge cell phone bills when they get back. He is autistic, so his iPad is his security blanket. Thanks for any input.

You can pre-purchase an Internet plan or get it onboard. You get more bonus minutes pre-purchasing. There are several packages available based on the number of minutes. No unlimited (which in the past was abused so no more unlimited) or by a period of time.

Have fun if you think a ship can stream video! Local storage is the way to go though. Lots of storage for a weeks worth of video!

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Depending on the time of day and location of the ship I have had no problem streaming video on many occasions. Locally stored video is the way to go, however. Much more reliable if the OP's son depends on it.

Edited by ar1950

Depending on the time of day and location of the ship I have had no problem streaming video on many occasions. Locally stored video is the way to go, however. Much more reliable if the OP's son depends on it.

Yes whilst in certain ports they get a hook up to terrestrial connections vs. the sat network. Quite a good connection can be had then. MTN is always hoping to upgrade all cruise ships.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk