Regal or the Reflection

NOSaints1

We're in our mid 30s, we've only been on Carnival, we don't have any kids and not into Rock Climbing, Zip lining and just want to have a good time, relax and not big drinkers but enjoy a drink here and there.

So how would you compare the two between food, public spaces, onboard activities and looking at doing Western, so opinions on the two private islands.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Given equivalent prices I would probably pick the Regal.

I like the Piazza area on Regal better than the Grand Foyer on Reflection. I like the International Cafe better than Cafe Bacio, or whatever their coffee bar is called. Regal has Alfredo's which is complementary while Bistro on 5 cost $10 on Reflection. I think the main dining room and buffet of both are similar, but specialty dining on Regal is better and cheaper.

Princess would offer a higher energy than Celebrity.

Some concerns to be aware of balconies on Regal are smaller in most cases, there are some large balconies but most are under the sea walk and sea view bar and many are concerned with privacy from above. The Regal has no stairs at the center elevator bank, the Reflection only has two stairs/elevator banks.

I think Princess Cay and Coco Cay are equivalent.

Both ships offer an adult pool on the Reflection it is an enclosed solarium with Regals is outside next to the Santuary.

We don't go to shows so I can't offer any advice on that.

Hope this helps and isn't confusing. I think there is a lot of information on each ship currently available for review on both the Princess and Celebrity boards, use the links at the top of the forums to filter on each ship.

I think that you'll enjoy either. I've sailed on both ships. Here's my opinion:

The shows on Regal are better, and the centrum/foyer is grander and more beautiful. I prefer the wine bar on Regal.

If the Reflection goes to Labadee, it is a very nice private "island", and no tendering is necessary.

The Reflection adult solarium is indoors with a glass ceiling, one of my favorite spaces; Regal has an adult pool area but it is outdoors and I found it too chilly/breezy. All of the lounge chairs around the pools on Reflection are padded, very comfortable, and there are lots of lounge chairs in the shade by the main pool, if you prefer; on Regal, there are very few chairs in the shade by the main pool.

The Reflection martini bar is a cool spot to have a drink and meet people.

You'll find a mix of ages on both ships, but older demographics than Carnival. Both ships will have a few fun parties.

Regal has the best buffet I've ever seen. I much prefer the dining room food and design on Reflection.

The ship design of Reflection is much more modern; Regal is more classic. Standard staterooms and balconies are larger on Reflection. My favorite feature of the staterooms on Regal is the very large flat screen tv on the wall across from the bed, with lots of free on-demand programming....I felt like I was at the movies and didn't even want to get out of bed! Reflection beds are more comfortable though.

Drinks and specialty dining cost less on Princess, but the drinks are also weaker (measured liquor pours).

If you are driving to the port, parking is cheaper in Fort Lauderdale (Regal) than Miami (Reflection), and the port and airport in Fort Lauderdale are really close together. The Celebrity Silhouette goes out of Ft Lauderdale though, and does alternating eastern western itineraries.

Edited by royalcruz

We would probably flying from Toronto, with the way our dollar is now. We're not the party type, usually in bed by 8pm during the week, we don't like the same buffet choice night after night, and a variety of restaurants or dining choices for lunch and not into dressing up. The Sanctuary, there's a fee isn't there? Where as the Solarium is free?

The Solarium on Reflection is free and very nice. The Sanctuary is also very nice but not free. It is $20 per person for a half day. It usually sells out quickly so if you go with the Regal get up to the Sanctuary as soon as you board and reserve your chairs. By the way the Sanctuary does not have a pool but the Retreat pool is just outside of the Sanctuary area.

Whichever ship you choose you will have a great time.

I prefer mid aft or aft decks 10, 11, 12 or 14 on the Regal. I would stay away from Marina Deck 15 which is below public areas and may be subject to noise. Some of the balcony cabins more forward are open to the Seawalk and have little or no privacy. In addition keep in mind there are no mid ship stairs above deck seven which tends to slowdown the mid ship elevators. Being toward the aft of the ship gives you easy access to either stairs or elevators and the Horizon Court. Enjoy!

Edited by GWM907

We would probably flying from Toronto, with the way our dollar is now. We're not the party type, usually in bed by 8pm during the week, we don't like the same buffet choice night after night, and a variety of restaurants or dining choices for lunch and not into dressing up.

The Regal.

The Regal! We're mid 30s as well and prefer princess for many of the reasons listed above. The buffet is nice and they do have theme nights so the food isn't always the same. The retreat pool near the sanctuary is a nice pool area with no additional cost. The specialty restaurants are lower cost than celebrity, highly recommend crown grill. As stated above Alfredo's is no added cost, again A+

I haven't been on the Regal (yet), but have been on the Reflection.

A Veranda cabin on Reflection is fairly small, even though it does have a sofa, with a very small closet and not much other storage space. The bathroom, though, is nice and has a shower with a door (instead of a curtain). But what I do like about the 1A veranda category is that they are located on the sides of the middle "hump" and their balconies are larger than the regular ones in other locations. A regular Veranda balcony is 50 sq ft, but the 1A's are 75-100 sq ft and are covered. We spend alot of time on the balcony, so it makes a difference to us. The standard Regal balcony is 41 sq ft.

Celebrity has a "have every night" MDR menu with more items than Princess does, including escargot. I love that!

Princess has more activities to do during the day; I love to stay active and found fewer things to do on Celebrity.

But the Reflection ship, in general, is very nice although the atrium isn't much to see and no one sits there like they do in Princess atriums. I agree with other posters that the International Cafe is better than Al Bacio Cafe, but Al Bacio is still nice. Pizza is much better on Princess.

I sail on both lines and enjoy each of their strong points; they are more alike than different. Usually itinerary and price make the decision for us. I think you'll have a great time whichever you choose. Enjoy!! :D

How're the onboard activities, and what kind of activities are offered I know there's no hairy chest contest for one.

Trivia and pool games on both

Art classes on Reflection

Lawn concerts on Reflection

Port talks galley tours, and dance classes on Reflection (maybe Regal has all of this too)

Many of the "activities" on both are centered around selling something, like sidewalk sales, fitness/health/beauty talks, port shopping talks, wine tastings (fee), art auction

Edited by royalcruz

We're in our mid 30s, we've only been on Carnival, we don't have any kids and not into Rock Climbing, Zip lining and just want to have a good time, relax and not big drinkers but enjoy a drink here and there.

So how would you compare the two between food, public spaces, onboard activities and looking at doing Western, so opinions on the two private islands.

I've cruised both Princess Royal Class ships and all of Celebrity's Solstice Class ships. In my opinion, there is no comparison. Celebrity Solstice Class ships are so much better designed and are so much nicer than Royal Class ships. The staterooms are more spacious, the layout of the ship makes a lot more sense, and the public lounges are far better on Reflection - especially the Sky lounge with floor to ceiling windows. Regal has nothing like it.

You also asked about private islands. I'm assuming Reflection goes to Labadee and Regal goes to Princess Cays. HUGE difference. Labadee blows Princess Cays away in every aspect, especially the fact Labadee has a dock and you have to tender at PC.

How is Princess fly aweigh program and how does it work, I know RC/Celebrity use Choice Air. Not that it matters much, how're each of the loyalty programs and what's the better one to stick with?

On Celebrity they have a picnic on the lawn club I believe and Princess they have the ultimate balcony dinner I believe, do you know what the cost of for each was?

On celebrity they do a free wine and cheese party on the lawn with music one night. Free cheese, regular priced wine. Blankets and pillows laid out. It was great. The lawn club grill is a specialty restaurant adjacent to the lawn. It's either $40 or $45 per person, open every night for dinner, and sometimes for lunch on a sea day with a reduced fee and slightly smaller menu.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not that it matters much, how're each of the loyalty programs and what's the better one to stick with?

Celebrity has the better program because once you get past the lowest level, it reciprocates with Royal Caribbean. You don't earn points toward one another, but you are granted equal status.