Barcelona Hotels

cruisetime25

My advice is to stay near or on La Rambla. Our favorite is Hotel 1889 - it has a spa in the basement with a pool in what looks like a grotto with a water circuit. It is free for all guests to use. There is also a dry sauna and steamroom. Then on the roof, there is a swimming pool and an incredible tapas bar with one of the best views in all of Barcelona. The Hotel is walking distance to the Boqueria Market - 1 block (take your camera as this is Europe's oldest market and it is stunning and bring some Euros to buy food) and there is also a Starbucks nearby. All along La Rambla there are Tapas bars for dining out and various other restaurants as well. You really cannot go wrong. The Hotel is a short taxi ride to the pier.

Another good nearby hotel is Hotel Duquesa de Cardona - about 1 block from La Rambla and a bit less expensive.

Between the two, I love Hotel 1889 so much, that's pretty much where we stay every time nowadays.

There are many shops nearby where you can purchase wine, soda and bottled water, if you want.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

My advice is to stay near or on La Rambla. Our favorite is Hotel 1889 - it has a spa in the basement with a pool in what looks like a grotto with a water circuit. It is free for all guests to use. There is also a dry sauna and steamroom. Then on the roof, there is a swimming pool and an incredible tapas bar with one of the best views in all of Barcelona. The Hotel is walking distance to the Boqueria Market - 1 block (take your camera as this is Europe's oldest market and it is stunning and bring some Euros to buy food) and there is also a Starbucks nearby. All along La Rambla there are Tapas bars for dining out and various other restaurants as well. You really cannot go wrong. The Hotel is a short taxi ride to the pier.

Another good nearby hotel is Hotel Duquesa de Cardona - about 1 block from La Rambla and a bit less expensive.

Between the two, I love Hotel 1889 so much, that's pretty much where we stay every time nowadays.

There are many shops nearby where you can purchase wine, soda and bottled water, if you want.

Just so there's no confusion for the OP it's "Hotel 1898" ;).....We also enjoyed the location of this hotel.

Several of us on a T/A out of Barcelona stayed at the Montecarlo, on LaRambla, and really liked it. Very clean and comfortable rooms with adjustable beds. My bathroom had a spa tub, which was great after a very active day out walking and sightseeing. There's a Carre Four grocery store right across the street, where we picked up wine and fresh ready-to-go empanadas and took them back to the hotel, and enjoyed our lunch up on the rooftop in the hotel's outdoor lounge area.