Must have menu items?

mrsgthatsme

(This ain't my thread I just don't understand why it is so hard for some to resist pointing out the obvious that our tastes are different)

RIGHT???? Relax people! I agree that it is fun to hear what other people like! I tend to be a creature of habit and order the same things, by reading this list, I may be more apt to venture out of my comfort zone and try something that many find delicious!

Not sure why everyone raves about the Pizza, I thought the range was, to say the least poor, and what they did have my local Pizza place left for dead.

I'll second that. The pepperoni pizza was so bland it was boring.

I'll second that. The pepperoni pizza was so bland it was boring.

What extras can you ask for to increase your interests? I know it will never be a walk-a-way slice New York Style, but what will help?? What else is on the menu???

with all the menu items, i can't believe "rolls & butter" was mentioned several times!!! must be some good!!!!:D

They are.

Fresh made sift and fluffy inside crusty outside with real butter just the right temperature to spread.

I don't eat much bread at home, but on Princess.......

I am in agreement on the soufflés, they are so good. I love the sweet ones, but the savory are really good as well.

But my absolute favorite item is the Cronuts at the IC, they go so fast that if you are not there by 8am in the morning you will not get one.

Plus, I also enjoy all the salads and sandwiches from the IC.

Love the Prego pizza on Lido deck, the rolls at dinner (and often get an extra one at Horizon Court before they clear them away for the night, and take it to my room for a bedtime snack) Love the chicken salad at the IC, and would be very sad if they have retired the Pavlovas. Also love the beef medallions, and creme brulee. Thank you for this thread. Its fun to remember.

Love the Prego pizza on Lido deck, the rolls at dinner (and often get an extra one at Horizon Court before they clear them away for the night, and take it to my room for a bedtime snack) Love the chicken salad at the IC, and would be very sad if they have retired the Pavlovas. Also love the beef medallions, and creme brulee. Thank you for this thread. Its fun to remember.

Haven't been on a ship yet with an IC, looking forward to it actually. Maybe I should start a threat "Not to miss at the IC".

34 days not a Pav to be seen.

The beef madallions went when they introduce Curtis Stone to the MDR:(.

Wife loves the Creme brûlée but thought the Rasberry one was even better.

with all the menu items, i can't believe "rolls & butter" was mentioned several times!!! must be some good!!!!:D

They are.

Fresh made sift and fluffy inside crusty outside with real butter just the right temperature to spread.

I don't eat much bread at home, but on Princess.......

Essentially they are like the perfect French baguette, same flavour and texture, but baked as small rolls. I have to be very strict with myself to only have one per night. :D Except on escargot nights when I need an extra one to mop up the yummy garlic butter. :D

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

I was disappointed last cruise, not a Pavlova to be seen, whereas it used to be an everyday desert with Princess when DownUnder, and while it's not the best Pav I'd ever had it was a staple.

Curtis Stone probably told them that it was NOT pavlova and that they would be sued for misrepresenting an ordinary, boring meringue as pavlova. :D :D

Essentially they are like the perfect French baguette, same flavour and texture, but baked as small rolls. I have to be very strict with myself to only have one per night. :D Except on escargot nights when I need an extra one to mop up the yummy garlic butter. :D

You are so much stronger than I am.

Been known to pinch the basket off the table next to me.

I truly, truly hope that the Dream Boat chocolate desert thing is still on the menu. I love it!

It was still on the menu on the Golden Princess last Seotember.

My favorites: the (Alaska cruise special) seafood soup in the Crown Grill, all chilled soups in the MDR, chocolate croissant in the IC, fresh baked cookies in MUTS

The Norman Love desserts were only so-so, except the chocolate peanut butter bar in the crown Grill was amazing

Curtis Stone probably told them that it was NOT pavlova and that they would be sued for misrepresenting an ordinary, boring meringue as pavlova. :D :D

Possibly, but I'd even settle for merengue with fruit, cream and if course ice cream.:D

I agree with the above! The hard rolls are superb.

Another item - one I never thought I would care for - was the eggplant parmesan. What? Eggplant?

DW had me try some of hers, and I had it the next two nights as an appetizer! (special order!):)

"Try it Mikey. You might like it"

I did :D