Earliest Departure Flight

jgraff426

We are cruising in April on Royal Caribbean. We arrive back in ft lauderdale on April 30th, at 5:30am. Obviously arriving at 5:30am doesn't indicate what time we will be able to get off the ship. What time is the earliest flight out that I can book for our return?

We are cruising in April on Royal Caribbean. We arrive back in ft lauderdale on April 30th, at 5:30am. Obviously arriving at 5:30am doesn't indicate what time we will be able to get off the ship. What time is the earliest flight out that I can book for our return?

Usually the ship is cleared by 6:00 am. Self-debark starts around 8 or 9 am. Here you would have to take all of your luggage down by yourself.

If you let the porters take the luggage the night before, then you could debark the ship as late as 10 am. You will have to go through customs.

Personally, I wouldn't book a flight before noon. It's just less stressful this way.

Jonathan

If the ship is docked in FLL and your flight is from FLL I would NOT book before 11:30am

but you can check flights from MIA. but make sure you add in the price of the transportation to warrant any savings. Book those for after 1pm

You will get a range of recommendations from 10:30 AM TO 11:30 AM.

If all goes well 10:30 AM will work but sometimes things do go wrong.

Keith

If you have luggage to check with the airline, 10:30am is very tight. If you're packing light and will be carrying on all your luggage, 10:30am is do-able, assuming the ship arrives on time and there are no hitches in the disembarkation process.

By the way, the airlines are usually not flexible with passengers who miss their flights because of cruise ship delays so expect penalties if you are late.

April 30th is a Saturday and there will be other ships in port with you, and many of those thousands of passengers are also on their way to FLL. This can mean long lines at the airport for security. As others have said, I think you need a cushion - 11:30 am would be my earliest recommendation. Anything earlier than that and you would need a Plan B - and if you do try for earlier, don't be upset if you miss an early flight and have to implement said Plan B.

Have a great cruise. :)